ADVERTISEMENT

Research question regarding road wins/NCAAT

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Has there ever been a team with 7 true road wins which was left out? This might be something the Pitt SID staff would want to research and give to the ESPN folks to harp on next week.

Reactions: RoosterJones2
The answer would be yes so this needs better qualified. Like a top 5 P6 (or ACC) team with 7 P6 road wins. Wake in 22 and Clemson in 23 were both 5-6.

There’s likely a case that a top 4/5 power conference team with 7 P6 road wins and winning conference road record has never been left out.

Last edited:
Not sure but it’s a good point like you said for them to hammer home to ESPN over the next 10 days. I think the 7 road wins which is the highest total by a power conference team in the country, a good NET right around 40 possibly high 30’s, and being 11-3 in their last 14 games over the last 6-7 weeks will ultimately be enough to get them in. Their resume is too good compared to the other bubble teams and just too hard to ignore to leave out. Win Saturday against NCState and don’t get blown out in the 4/5 game of the ACC tournament and Pitt will hear their name called I’m fairly certain after 6 o clock on St Patrick’s Day when the brackets come out.

Has there ever been a team with 7 true road wins which was left out? This might be something the Pitt SID staff would want to research and give to the ESPN folks to harp on next week.
Good pt and been saying this for awhile. Hung 90pts on BC which beat precious Ricky's St John's.

The answer would be yes so this needs better qualified. Like a top 5 P6 (or ACC) team with 7 P6 road wins. Wake in 22 and Clemson in 23 were both 5-6.

There’s likely a case that a top 4/5 power conference team with 7 P6 road wins and winning conference road record has never been left out.

Yea, I meant to say Power 6. There's been a ton of mid-majors with 7+ road wins that got left out but they arent in the same category. I doubt there's ever been a P6 that has.

Reactions: SteelBowl70
Get your own material. lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT