ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt's best hope

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
3-0

Win that Wednesday game in DC, which wont be easy as it could come against Miami.

Obviously you want to win the Thursday game but going on a 5 game winning streak is unrealistic. Possible but very unlikely. So lets say we lose in the quarters.

NET would be low 40s. 7 road wins. 2 neutral site wins. I dont think anyone would have us in but Pitt's resume would be very unique as you dont see bubble teams with that many roadies. I dont think the bracketologists will look deeply enough to put us in their brackets but the hope is that the committee sees that, values that, and with a good NET, puts us in. We would be THAT team that people say "how" and the committee cites road wins.

If there was ever a time for blowouts, its now. I know that's a lot to ask but if we were to win the next 3 games by 20, I bet our NET would be 29. The NET hasnt been around long but there's never been a team left out with a NET of 37 or better.

Reactions: PittMBA
We need to win the last 3 and SU to lose to Clemson. Getting the #6 seed in the ACC tournament is important. We should win our first game and then play UVA in our second game if things play out as expected.

3-0

Win that Wednesday game in DC, which wont be easy as it could come against Miami.

Obviously you want to win the Thursday game but going on a 5 game winning streak is unrealistic. Possible but very unlikely. So lets say we lose in the quarters.

NET would be low 40s. 7 road wins. 2 neutral site wins. I dont think anyone would have us in but Pitt's resume would be very unique as you dont see bubble teams with that many roadies. I dont think the bracketologists will look deeply enough to put us in their brackets but the hope is that the committee sees that, values that, and with a good NET, puts us in. We would be THAT team that people say "how" and the committee cites road wins.

If there was ever a time for blowouts, its now. I know that's a lot to ask but if we were to win the next 3 games by 20, I bet our NET would be 29. The NET hasnt been around long but there's never been a team left out with a NET of 37 or better.
I agree. I think 3-0, and a win in the ACCT and we are either a 1 seed in the NIT or in Dayton. We will be a pretty interesting resume.

I think this team can and should absolutely win 2 ACCT games if we get Wake or UVA in the second game. Those teams, especially away from home, aren’t as good as us.

I agree. I think 3-0, and a win in the ACCT and we are either a 1 seed in the NIT or in Dayton. We will be a pretty interesting resume.

I think this team can and should absolutely win 2 ACCT games if we get Wake or UVA in the second game. Those teams, especially away from home, aren’t as good as us.
Wake is much improved though. I may regret it, but I’d rather them play UVa or Clemson again.

Wake is much improved though. I may regret it, but I’d rather them play UVa or Clemson again.

If I had to pick a game in DC:

1. UVa - tough to decide between them or Wake but I feel we are good matchup with them because we can make 3s and they struggle to score though they did well vs our D

2. Wake - they might miss 3s away from home

3. Clemson - we arent going to beat them this year. Terrible matchup

This is why it's important that we finish no worse than 6th. We can get a very winnable game to put us right on the edge of the bubble, and then have a game we very well could be favored in to push us over the edge.

Of course, that's assuming we don't look like a JV junior high girls team playing Duke or UNC in the semis, not that we've ever almost blown a March Madness appearance that way before...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT