ADVERTISEMENT

Rivalry week….

Unrivaled plays in Detroit on a Friday night. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

They certainly are unrivaled. They are the only B10 team without a protected rivalry in the new setup:

Rut/Md
OSU/Mich
Mich/MSU
Pur/Ind
Ill/NW
Wis/Min
Iowa/Neb
USC/UCLA
Ore/Wash

They certainly are unrivaled. They are the only B10 team without a protected rivalry in the new setup:

Rut/Md
OSU/Mich
Mich/MSU
Pur/Ind
Ill/NW
Wis/Min
Iowa/Neb
USC/UCLA
Ore/Wash
Which is regrettably better than 90% of all other college football programs these days.

Rut/Md
OSU/Mich
Mich/MSU
Pur/Ind
Ill/NW
Wis/Min
Iowa/Neb
USC/UCLA
Ore/Wash
Genius strategy. The goal is keep it a 1 or 2 game season. They start in rankings every year. The cult doesn’t care who or what country they play in. No divisions and playoff now 12, why play someone every year that might turn psu into their ‘super bowl.?’ Their first playoff home game will get more coverage here than the Steelers.

Reactions: jctrack
Genius strategy. The goal is keep it a 1 or 2 game season. They start in rankings every year. The cult doesn’t care who or what country they play in. No divisions and playoff now 12, why play someone every year that might turn psu into their ‘super bowl.?’ Their first playoff home game will get more coverage here than the Steelers.

Yes. They start next season already 9-1 with 2 games that could go either way. @ USC. Home vs Wash. 2 game season

Water under the bridge, but Paterno had the right idea. Every traditional Eastern school would be better off.

Right idea, but the slime bag he was wanted it on his terms which of course were uneven and favored PSU. Cooler heads should have prevailed and negotiations should have taken place at a level higher level. If run properly, it could have been on par with Big 10.

Right idea, but the slime bag he was wanted it on his terms which of course were uneven and favored PSU. Cooler heads should have prevailed and negotiations should have taken place at a level higher level. If run properly, it could have been on par with Big 10.
Had everyone run with it, eventually it would have equilibrated politically. Pettiness got in the way.

maybe if they sever settle the PG strike, but currently probably not. Michigan and OSU didn't get much coverage, except from Cook who thought this was their year, lol. WTAE is really the new leader in the nitter brigade, surprising given that when Conomikes was there he bled blue & gold. Andrew Stockey loves him some nits, and even though Junker is gone, they replaced him with some new fan girl sports reporter.

Pitt-PSU could have been bigger than OSU-Michigan if the eastern all sports league came to be and the Pitt admin really wanted to be good at football in the 80's.
No it couldn’t have.

But it certainly would would have remained a great rivalry that helped energize both fan bases and made both programs more relevant to the rest of the country.

The idea was for a 12-team conference, correct? A north and south division?

Was it:
North: Pitt, PSU, WVU, BC, Syracuse, Rutgers
South: Miami, FSU, Louisville, VTech, Tulane, South Carolina

Let me see if I understand you-you’re saying had the eastern superconference been established, the Pitt PSU rivalry could have been a bigger game nationally than Michigan vs OSU? Which would mean the biggest rivalry game in college football?

Do I really need to tell you why that’s nonsensical?

Let me see if I understand you-you’re saying had the eastern superconference been established, the Pitt PSU rivalry could have been a bigger game nationally than Michigan vs OSU? Which would mean the biggest rivalry game in college football?

Do I really need to tell you why that’s nonsensical?

Pitt & PSU were top 10 teams nationally. I said if Pitt continued on their trajectory of the 80's as a top 10 team. So if that happened, and the Eastern conference rivaled the B10, explain again why not. You are rivaling Souf as the board contrarian

The big 12 will have coach Prime and Utah next year, the ACC will have SMU. Who would you rather have?
Colorado has been the worst P5 program this century. SMU has a shot to play in a New Year’s Bowl this year.

The big 12 will have coach Prime and Utah next year, the ACC will have SMU. Who would you rather have?

Utah would be better than SMU, but SMU is way better than Colorado.

Unless you mean for publicity. In which case Colorado is way ahead of the other two. For whatever that is worth.

Reactions: BFo8
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT