ADVERTISEMENT

Rodney Gallagher having himself a nice season

This is the least talented WVU team I've ever seen. They are lucky the Big 12 is historically bad and they played 2 very bad Pgh teams.
You're confusing least talented with very young. WVU is literally playing at least 3 true freshman or more. We're just now recovering from whatever AD Lyons did to hold Brown back regarding NIL. Not an excuse, just the truth.

You're confusing least talented with very young. WVU is literally playing at least 3 true freshman or more. We're just now recovering from whatever AD Lyons did to hold Brown back regarding NIL. Not an excuse, just the truth.

They blow, dude. You are barely better than us and we are atrocious. You are lucky the B12 is historically bad. This season is the worst thing that could have happened to WVU. Brown is squeeking out a bunch of W's against really bad teams to ensure he's coming back

Another standout performance by Gallagher. 0 catches, 0 yards. Cant even sniff the field in a blowout exhibition game. Cal, IUP, and Slippery Rock are chomping at the bit for his services. Could be a nice slot guy or 3rd down WR in the PSAX

Dude, give it up. His team is OK. He got his heavy bag. He's just a freshman.

Let it go.

Not buying the "he's just a freshman." He didnt redshirt. A walk-on freshman beat him out. He barely could get on the field. He only had 3 years left and completely wasted 1. Chances are he isnt very good.

Not buying the "he's just a freshman." He didnt redshirt. A walk-on freshman beat him out. He barely could get on the field. He only had 3 years left and completely wasted 1. Chances are he isnt very good.
A lot of them turn out not to be very good. But a large percentage of good players, as freshman, aren't any good yet.

I dunno about the kid, but why bury him? He went to college a short distance from home, and his background isn't extremely stable. So many people say WPIAL kids should "stay home", and geographically, that's what he did.

Wasn't the bag for immediate play?

In this new NIL era you gotta perform NOW for your $ or be recruited over!

Last edited:
Wasn't the bag for immediate play?

In this new NIL era you gotta perform NOW for your $ or be recruited over!

He got big money, a hometown premium so the expectation could not have been to bring him along slowly so that maybe he can be a good player when he's a junior or senior.

Reactions: WillyDavis33
Another standout performance by Gallagher. 0 catches, 0 yards. Cant even sniff the field in a blowout exhibition game. Cal, IUP, and Slippery Rock are chomping at the bit for his services. Could be a nice slot guy or 3rd down WR in the PSAX
Stop worrying about what Gallagher is doing. He's not part of the Panthers. Worry about Pitt

I always wonder about people who go back 2 months to comment on a message board thread. The last reply was Oct 28th. Who has time to go back to something discussed months ago.

I always wonder about people who go back 2 months to comment on a message board thread. The last reply was Oct 28th. Who has time to go back to something discussed months ago.

Didn't want to start a new thread. 1 Gallagher sucks thread is enough.

I am talking about the school! Paying players to grow into a role is gone for teams like Pitt and WV.

Dumb post
Meh. I disagree. To expect someone to come in to produce as a true freshman is unrealistic.

If that was the goal, it was a bad decision. He has 3 years left, plenty of time for that investment to pay off.

If he enters portal, your post is valid. If not, it’s not.

Meh. I disagree. To expect someone to come in to produce as a true freshman is unrealistic.

If that was the goal, it was a bad decision. He has 3 years left, plenty of time for that investment to pay off.

If he enters the portal or does not perform well! Developmental money is lean for schools like WV! They would much rather pay NIL money and get production imo. They have to think their return on this is lacking.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
If he enters the portal or does not perform well! Developmental money is lean for schools like WV! They would much rather pay NIL money and get production imo. They have to think their return on this is lacking.
A valid point. I don’t disagree.

Probably not great to shoot your wad on a 3 star slot wr high school recruit from laurel highlsnds.

Robert Foster couldn’t understand the playbook. He took his entrance exam to Alabama over the phone with a person in the room with him looking up the answers. He was severely challenged intellectually
So he was like retarded???

So he was like retarded???
They call it something a little less abrasive now. Learning deficient, Kind of like George Pickens.

These guys couldn’t play football, they’d have social workers hired by the state to teach them how to go to a store and feed themselves.

Two generations ago they’d be in a state hospital eating paste, but we’ve progressed since then.

But they are fast and tall so hey, good for them.

• Haha
Reactions: TitoBeagle
He took his entrance exam to Alabama over the phone with a person in the room with him looking up the answers.
I have never heard of an entrance exam ever given to a D1 athlete probably since the 1980's.

The NCAA Eligibility Center, formerly the Clearinghouse determines your eligibility.

Reactions: boseman7
I have never heard of an entrance exam ever given to a D1 athlete probably since the 1980's.

The NCAA Eligibility Center, formerly the Clearinghouse determines your eligibility.
a recent (in last 10 years) player in the wpial was given an entrance exam to qualify at pitt, he was given an exemption that he could take it in the same room with an "advisor" this was well after the initial clearinghouse process. something that no high school kid could do unless they were designated with a learning disability.

it happens, a lot. pitt bent over backwards to get him "eligible" which they did and well it worked out, then it didnt.

He was one of the biggest recruits on paper in decades at WVU. And probably the biggest local recruit in a generation. He plays WR, a position its quite easy to get on the field early if you are good. He is going to a mediocre at best program. This isnt Robert Foster at Bama. A bum walk-on from Martinsburg, WV who is also a freshman beat him out. He got $200K. There is no chance, none, that he was paid that money with the idea that its going to take him a few years to develop. He plays for West friggin Virginia, not Alabama. That RB they have, they switched him to RB like a day before the Pitt games a true frosh and he became a star. Its not hard if you are good. Gallagher isnt good. Same bum who couldn't lead his LH team to victories over Derry, McGuffey, Southmoreland, and all those tremendous programs in the hinterlands. He will be at Cal U soon

Yea, Foster may be dumb but that story is made up. It may have been a placement exam to see like what math he needed to take but you dont need to cheat on that

a recent (in last 10 years) player in the wpial was given an entrance exam to qualify at pitt, he was given an exemption that he could take it in the same room with an "advisor" this was well after the initial clearinghouse process. something that no high school kid could do unless they were designated with a learning disability.

it happens, a lot. pitt bent over backwards to get him "eligible" which they did and well it worked out, then it didnt.
This doesn't make any sense.

I can't find anything on PITT's admissions page concerning "entrance" exams. However, there are such things as "placement" exams in CGS and CAS.

I just don't know how one can be cleared by the eligibility center and not by the University. Scholarship athletes are essentially non-traditional students. Are you saying he was cleared by the eligibility center yet denied admission by PITT?

Wy do you have such a hardon for this guy?

I love seeing local guys fail at other places
You're weird, you just hate that this kid didn't go to Pitt, I don't care if he's an All American or a Bust, but I'm not purposely rooting against that person because he didn't go to Pitt, unless he's playing against Pitt.

That's really nice of you. The problem is for this "local" guy, is that WVU is probably closer to where he grew up than Pitt. You act like all of these kids are obligated to go where you tell them to go.

Going by google maps, it's 29 miles and a 34 minute drive from his high school to Morgantown and 54 miles and an hour and four minute drive to Oakland.

So yeah, "local".

2 receptions for 9 yards. 7 carries for 45 yards. On one of the least talented WVU teams in many years. Remember what I and others said about him being overrated? He will be at Cal U soon enough.
Explain to me why he didn’t want to go to Pitt again??

WVU paid him 200K
This whole SMF thread will eventually be on a par with several other ridiculous threads he has authored over the past few years. We can go back just 12-18 months and read his non-sense about the B12 imploding and how there is less than zero chance any of the P12 schools would join such a league.

The guy is a legitimate moron. And there are dozens of threads by him to prove it. As time moves on, this one will be thrown on his ash heap as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT