ADVERTISEMENT

Rodney Gallagher having himself a nice season

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
2 receptions for 9 yards. 7 carries for 45 yards. On one of the least talented WVU teams in many years. Remember what I and others said about him being overrated? He will be at Cal U soon enough.

• Haha
Reactions: EERS 2 Ya
How much is he making in NIL?

It begs the question, can local guys command better NIL deals? Would Jurkovec have had relatively better NIL opportunities with Pitt if he picked us initially instead of Notre Dame given he was already a known name in Western PA?

2 receptions for 9 yards. 7 carries for 45 yards. On one of the least talented WVU teams in many years. Remember what I and others said about him being overrated? He will be at Cal U soon enough.
He's a true freshman and had an injury as well. You think he was going to put up senior numbers? And this is far from the least talented team. It's just young.

He's a true freshman and had an injury as well. You think he was going to put up senior numbers? And this is far from the least talented team. It's just young.

He cant get on the field on a really bad team. That aint good. Given his ranking and his salary, the expectation would be for him to be a starter and put up solid numbers.

He was probably overrated, but it's hilarious that he's a bust, but Kenny Johnson (8 receptions, 97 yards through 7 games) is somehow a budding star.

I guess it's kind of how Duzz's 7-5 program is solid, but Franklin sucks if they go 10-2. Funny how fans' minds work.

He was probably overrated, but it's hilarious that he's a bust, but Kenny Johnson (8 receptions, 97 yards through 7 games) is somehow a budding star.

I guess it's kind of how Duzz's 7-5 program is solid, but Franklin sucks if they go 10-2. Funny how fans' minds work.

I am not as high on Johnson as others but he shows potential with his speed. Gallagher is slow and that's why they moved him from CB. He is also making $200K/year whereas Johnson is making close to nothing.

I am not as high on Johnson as others but he shows potential with his speed. Gallagher is slow and that's why they moved him from CB. He is also making $200K/year whereas Johnson is making close to nothing.

We don't know what Johnson is making. For instance, I've heard Bass and Neal are getting paid (paid, paid). Tough to know what's legit and what isn't.

hes only a true freshman, lets give him some slack. i dont necessarily thing he'll be randy moss or tyreke hill but we are at the 1/2 way point of his true freshman season, a tad early to label someone at this point..

I dont think it is. If you cant get on the field on a really bad team as a freshman, that's usually a sign you arent good. This isnt Robert Foster at Ala friggin bama. WVU is terrible. They have a walk-on RS FR from Martinsburg, WV playing over him.

Oh brother...bet they put up some historic numbers against one of the worse defenses in CFB this past weekend, right?

They are a historically bad team. I dont get the "they play a weak schedule" argument. They ARE a weak team. Its like someone saying, "wow, did you see how many points IUP is scoring. Their offensive is explosive." And then you countering that by saying "please, they are playing PSAC schools. Very weak schedule." They ARE a PSAC school themselves!

Reactions: imrealangry
They are a historically bad team. I dont get the "they play a weak schedule" argument. They ARE a weak team. Its like someone saying, "wow, did you see how many points IUP is scoring. Their offensive is explosive." And then you countering that by saying "please, they are playing PSAC schools. Very weak schedule." They ARE a PSAC school themselves!

Well, 2 wins (over Pitt and Duquesne) basically dont count because those teams are God awful. They beat 2 other bad teams. Texas Tech and TCU. Congratulations. They are terrible. We almost beat them.

UNLV has gone to five bowls in their history, whether you like it or not, getting them to a bowl is not easy there, it's a major accomplishment for their offense
It's the 41st ranked offense in CFB. Kansas puts up more yards. It's great for UNLV that they're bowl eligible but it's a bit deeper than what the offense is doing against some pretty weak opponents.

hes only a true freshman, lets give him some slack. i dont necessarily thing he'll be randy moss or tyreke hill but we are at the 1/2 way point of his true freshman season, a tad early to label someone at this point..

Wouldn't he be our most productive freshman?

I don't understand this thread. Ripping in Marion and Gallagher both appear to be doing fine.

Wouldn't he be our most productive freshman?

I don't understand this thread. Ripping in Marion and Gallagher both appear to be doing fine.
well ripping into gallagher seems premature, guy could suck or could be good, we dont know..

could care less about marion, he's proven to be a coach good for one season and he's moving on. we could sign him as an OC and it would be the same for us. we dont need a one year OC.

could care less about marion, he's proven to be a coach good for one season and he's moving on. we could sign him as an OC and it would be the same for us. we dont need a one year OC.
I would rather have ten years straight of one-year OCs with a good and interesting offense than whatever the hell Frank Cignetti is doing

Let’s not forget what RG’s Dad got paid to during the recruitment too. That was well documented here.

I dont think it is. If you cant get on the field on a really bad team as a freshman, that's usually a sign you arent good. This isnt Robert Foster at Ala friggin bama. WVU is terrible. They have a walk-on RS FR from Martinsburg, WV playing over him.

Robert Foster couldn’t understand the playbook. He took his entrance exam to Alabama over the phone with a person in the room with him looking up the answers. He was severely challenged intellectually

The "UNLV Guy" also has his team bowl eligible, put some respect on Marion's name
I wasn't aware that he was solely responsible for their record.

I've wiped his name from my memory. It will never cross my lips.

Which unlv guy?

The one who's coaching the offense to a 6-1 record? Their best start ever? They've only won more than 6 games once in the past 20 years.

That guy?
Again, I wasn't aware that he was in charge, so what is this "led" crap?

Well, 2 wins (over Pitt and Duquesne) basically dont count because those teams are God awful. They beat 2 other bad teams. Texas Tech and TCU. Congratulations. They are terrible. We almost beat them.
More of your extreme stupidity! Lol! You decide, which teams and which wins, and which games count or don't count? No, you don't! You are really no authority on anything, nobody thinks like you on anything! Maybe Trump concerns himself with "crowd shaming" like you do, but nobody else does. WVU is 4-3 and not "historically bad" they've been 4-8 within the last decade, and 5-7, they've had winless seasons, AND NO IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YEAR IT WAS, IT ALL COUNTS, ALL OF IT going back to 1900 or even earlier! Everything counts, because it's fact, Pitt is TWO and five, not ONE, TWO, Wofford COUNTS AS MUCH AS ANY OTHER WIN, if you play a schedule of 12 really bad teams, IT ALL COUNTS! ALL OF IT! You deserve to be ranked. Why don't you just drop all the STUPID THEORIES AND LIVE WITH THE FACTS.

More of your extreme stupidity! Lol! You decide, which teams and which wins, and which games count or don't count? No, you don't! You are really no authority on anything, nobody thinks like you on anything! Maybe Trump concerns himself with "crowd shaming" like you do, but nobody else does. WVU is 4-3 and not "historically bad" they've been 4-8 within the last decade, and 5-7, they've had winless seasons, AND NO IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YEAR IT WAS, IT ALL COUNTS, ALL OF IT going back to 1900 or even earlier! Everything counts, because it's fact, Pitt is TWO and five, not ONE, TWO, Wofford COUNTS AS MUCH AS ANY OTHER WIN, if you play a schedule of 12 really bad teams, IT ALL COUNTS! ALL OF IT! You deserve to be ranked. Why don't you just drop all the STUPID THEORIES AND LIVE WITH THE FACTS.

This is the least talented WVU team I've ever seen. They are lucky the Big 12 is historically bad and they played 2 very bad Pgh teams.

This is the least talented WVU team I've ever seen. They are lucky the Big 12 is historically bad and they played 2 very bad Pgh teams.
Historically bad has nothing to do with talent. If they win 2 or 3 more and finish 6-6 or 7-5, then their talent level doesn't matter, because what they achieved is mediocre or average and not historically bad.

Historically bad has nothing to do with talent. If they win 2 or 3 more and finish 6-6 or 7-5, then their talent level doesn't matter, because what they achieved is mediocre or average and not historically bad.

It would be a mediocre record, yes. Just like 2014 Pitt vs a historically weak schedule. The B12 is really bad this year. Their talent level matters because it signifies that Gallagher cant get his ass on the field despite having bums in front of him.

It would be a mediocre record, yes. Just like 2014 Pitt vs a historically weak schedule. The B12 is really bad this year. Their talent level matters because it signifies that Gallagher cant get his ass on the field despite having bums in front of him.
Nobody is overanalyzing a 6-6 team no matter who they played. In fact, even if the talent is historically bad, as you say, that makes them overachievers! Deserving of the title of average, not bad at all. Whose Gallagher and why should we care? They must not be bums; they clearly deserve to be considered better than Pitt. 4-3>2-5

45 yards on 7 carries is decent. Why doesn't he get the ball more often?

what's being ignored is the obvious. if he came to pitt, does anyone honestly think he would have better numbers? In this offense?

Maybe because we suck?
Is Pitt also historically bad? I'd buy that more than WVU, BECAUSE TO ME AND SANE PEOPLE, even if you have historically bad subjective talent, but a winning record, it's not a historically bad season, no matter who you played, it's overachieving.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT