ADVERTISEMENT

Rooting Interest for this Saturday's games

You lost me with Miami. If we beat VA next week we will have a shot at the playoff if we win against Cuse and in the Championship game. There is no chance the team will not be up for Cuse just because the division is already theirs.

I know how Pitt played after clinching the Coastal in 2018.

Narduzzi will NOT have the team ready to play in Syracuse if the game doesn't mean anything. It's his history and his nature.

I am greedy and want a 10-2 regular season and not a 9-3 one.

I want Pitt to take the Coastal, not back into it.

Trust me... it will be WAY sweeter to win the Coastal at 10-2 and be ranked in the Top 15 than to win it at 9-3 and barely be in the Top 25.
I’m with you, I could careless about FSU beating Miami. I’m looking for a 10-2 Pitt record and not worrying about how they could still win the ACC if they lose.

You lost me with Miami. If we beat VA next week we will have a shot at the playoff if we win against Cuse and in the Championship game. There is no chance the team will not be up for Cuse just because the division is already theirs.
You are ignoring Narduzzi's nature.

He won't care about 10-2. He will only care about winning the ACC title game. So he will rest people against Syracuse, and not have the intense preparation needed to win that game.

He only cares about winning the ACC, not finishing in Top 10.

If you really believe what you typed, then you won't care about Miami, because Pitt will win out.

I want to assure Pitt TRIES to win out. Which will only happen if they HAVE to.

You are ignoring Narduzzi's nature.

He won't care about 10-2. He will only care about winning the ACC title game. So he will rest people against Syracuse, and not have the intense preparation needed to win that game.

He only cares about winning the ACC, not finishing in Top 10.

If you really believe what you typed, then you won't care about Miami, because Pitt will win out.

I want to assure Pitt TRIES to win out. Which will only happen if they HAVE to.

I see your point, you would think Narduzzi wouldn't have the NFL mentality having never coached there and realize college football is all about perception and rankings. Hopefully someone can convince him it is as important game as any to maintain ranking.

Thanks for this - I actually popped on here hoping someone had thought about this more than me.

i am conflicted on OU-Baylor though. OU might be automatic, so I wouldn’t mind seeing Baylor get a third loss and drop In The rankings.

The notion that if Miami loses today and then we beat Virginia next week to clinch the Coastal championship and then if we lose to Syracuse the following week it will mean that we backed into the division championship shows that some people don't understand what backing into a championship means.

Pitt will only be backing into the championship if Miami beats Florida State, and then next week we beat Virginia and Miami beat Virginia Tech, and then in the last week of the season we lose to Syracuse but Miami somehow loses to Duke. THAT is backing into a championship, not being good enough to clinch the championship before the last week of the season and then losing in the last week.

Reactions: ThePanthers
The notion that if Miami loses today and then we beat Virginia next week to clinch the Coastal championship and then if we lose to Syracuse the following week it will mean that we backed into the division championship shows that some people don't understand what backing into a championship means.

Pitt will only be backing into the championship if Miami beats Florida State, and then next week we beat Virginia and Miami beat Virginia Tech, and then in the last week of the season we lose to Syracuse but Miami somehow loses to Duke. THAT is backing into a championship, not being good enough to clinch the championship before the last week of the season and then losing in the last week.
I don’t recall anyone above claiming we’d back into the championship if we lost to Cuse after clinching the week before. Maybe someone did. In any case, I think it’s more just taking some of the luster off the season if we lost to Cuse to finish the regular season 9-3. I’m looking for 10-2 so I could care less if Miami wins or loses today. If anything, I’d prefer a Miami win since we’ve played them but haven’t played FSU.

So you would rather play a true road game against NC State in ACC title game(have we ever beat them at anything?) than Wake?
Wake is in North Carolina too. It would be a true home game for either one.

In fact, Winston-Salem is closer (80 miles) to Charlotte than Raleigh (160 miles) is.

Going-into-the-ACC-championship-on-a-buzz-killing-loss, then.

Speaking of other games today, what’s the Brennan Armstrong situation? Broken ribs and out and just a flap jacket and good to go?

Yeah, but NC State actually has a decent number of fans. Wake? Not so much.

Wake's stadium only seats 31,000, and they generally don't fill it.
In either case, 80-90% of the stadium will be cheering for the Atlantic champ.

Whether it is Wake, NCSU, or Clemson... we're playing a road game.

Fortunately for us, Syracuse is bad. We aren't losing to them anyway.

Although they are only behind Louisville by 32 points at halftime today, so maybe they aren't as bad as I keep telling people!
That is a surprising score.

But if Syracuse needs it for bowl eligibility... and the game means nothing to Narduzzi.... I can see us blowing it. Especially if Nards decides to rest people for the ACC title game.

Reactions: Phillypanther2
But if Syracuse needs it for bowl eligibility

That's a good point. Because unless they make a huge comeback today they are probably going to lose to NC State on the road next week, so that would make them 5-6 heading into our game.

Fortunately for us they stink, but they would be a bad team with extra motivation.

4-3 in the Friday and Saturday noon games.

Good start.

Chaos!

Vols looking good early. If they can pull this off, that would help us immensely. They'd be ranked next week I think?

I like there normal unis a lot. These are stupid. I'm not big on the obligatory black unis that everyone seems to chuck out there
They're not black, they're dark navy blue I think.

Which is one of Tenn's colors.

As alternate's go, these are among the best.

If Pitt wins the Coastal, I don't want to have to face Clemson in the ACCCG. So I'm pulling for NC State tonight vs Wake because Wake will lose when they travel to Clemson next week. Since NC St already beat Clemson, they win the division if they win out. Don't want to have to beat Clemson twice!

If Pitt wins the Coastal, I don't want to have to face Clemson in the ACCCG. So I'm pulling for NC State tonight vs Wake because Wake will lose when they travel to Clemson next week. Since NC St already beat Clemson, they win the division if they win out. Don't want to have to beat Clemson twice!
Why do you think we would have more trouble with Clemson than with NCSU or Wake?

So I'm pulling for NC State tonight vs Wake because Wake will lose when they travel to Clemson next week.

If Wake beats NC State and then beats Boston College in their last game of the season it won't matter if thye beat Clemson next week or not, Wake will be the Atlantic champions.

If Wake beats NC State and then beats Boston College in their last game of the season it won't matter if thye beat Clemson next week or not, Wake will be the Atlantic champions.
How do you figure? Wake has one conference loss and Clemson has two. If Clemson beats Wake they will each have two. Clemson wins the tie breaker based on head to head.

How do you figure? Wake has one conference loss and Clemson has two. If Clemson beats Wake they will each have two. Clemson wins the tie breaker based on head to head.

Wake doesn't have any conference losses, NC State has one and Clemson has two. If Wake wins tonight they are 6-0 in the ACC. If they then lose to Clemson and beat BC they end up 7-1. Clemson would be 6-2 and NC State would be 6-2 at best.

Wake is in North Carolina too. It would be a true home game for either one.

In fact, Winston-Salem is closer (80 miles) to Charlotte than Raleigh (160 miles) is.
Um - Wake has a 30K high school stadium they havent filled up till tonight that NC State is visiting. If Pitt plays Wake it will be 50/50. I live in Charlotte and go to Wake games - take the L on that one.

ADVERTISEMENT