ADVERTISEMENT

Sanders and Wade

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday who is friends with the Sanders family and he said what most of us thought, Miles's mom didn't like Narduzzi and it sounded as if Miles wanted to go to Pitt. He said Narduzzi told her something like Miles is old enough to make his own decisions and that rubbed her the wrong way. I dont mean to say that statement was why he went to PSU but from the conversation, it sounded like Miles favored Pitt but still liked PSU but the mom much preferred Franklin over Narduzzi. He said she really didn't like Narduzzi.

Also, I have a friend close to the Clairton program and I was saying from early on Wade wasn't going to Pitt because he told me all along. I never gave the reason until now because the reason is very similar to the Sanders situation. Wade's parents simply did not like Narduzzi. They didn't like his recruitment of Wade. Didn't get i to too many specifics but it almost sounded like they didn't trust him. That said, he was always going to Penn State. I knew that all along.

This is not meant to be a knock on Narduzzi. I love that guy and hope he's here a long time. However, his local recruitment has been poor and Franklin, playing the role of a persoable, successful African-American coach is very tough to deal with in the recruiting of these Western PA kids from urban districts, who normally always preferred the urban setting of Pitt to Penn State. Overall though, I think Narduzzi has to loom at his recruiting strategy with these players. Kwantel Raines is the next big one. It sounds as if Narduzzi comes on too strong, is too aggressive, and even comes across as a little cocky.

I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday who is friends with the Sanders family and he said what most of us thought, Miles's mom didn't like Narduzzi and it sounded as if Miles wanted to go to Pitt. He said Narduzzi told her something like Miles is old enough to make his own decisions and that rubbed her the wrong way. I dont mean to say that statement was why he went to PSU but from the conversation, it sounded like Miles favored Pitt but still liked PSU but the mom much preferred Franklin over Narduzzi. He said she really didn't like Narduzzi.

Also, I have a friend close to the Clairton program and I was saying from early on Wade wasn't going to Pitt because he told me all along. I never gave the reason until now because the reason is very similar to the Sanders situation. Wade's parents simply did not like Narduzzi. They didn't like his recruitment of Wade. Didn't get i to too many specifics but it almost sounded like they didn't trust him. That said, he was always going to Penn State. I knew that all along.

This is not meant to be a knock on Narduzzi. I love that guy and hope he's here a long time. However, his local recruitment has been poor and Franklin, playing the role of a persoable, successful African-American coach is very tough to deal with in the recruiting of these Western PA kids from urban districts, who normally always preferred the urban setting of Pitt to Penn State. Overall though, I think Narduzzi has to loom at his recruiting strategy with these players. Kwantel Raines is the next big one. It sounds as if Narduzzi comes on too strong, is too aggressive, and even comes across as a little cocky.
So Chryst was too passive and Narduzzi was too agresssive. Not buying it. Franklin and $mith will do what it takes to land players. They have extremely deep pockets and long arms.

Narduzzi has killed franklin locally. I don't know what you are talking about. Those 2 are the only ones and they had psu parents. Fact is like 25 percent of the burgh likes psu you won't get them all.

Most the recruits love narduzzi and it's easy to see why, seems very honest and hard working and gets results

I wonder if Ford's Family felt the same... all heresay.
midget wade and sanders are dead to me, f them both.

Reactions: Blue Goose

So Chryst was too passive and Narduzzi was too agresssive. Not buying it. Franklin and $mith will do what it takes to land players. They have extremely deep pockets and long arms.

Yea, that's exactly what I was thinking actually. Chryst was criticized, especially during the Henry recruitment of not being aggressive enough. Narduzzi seems more of a "bulldog" type recruiter but recruiting is tough, that style doesn't work for every family.

It should be said though that these families may have just been looking for reasons to NOT go to Pitt.

And same to you for going after a recruit. No idea why grown men, supposedly, go after 18 years olds living out their dream. And if both were at Pitt, you'd think they were the greatest.

Do they play at PITT... no so f them both.. do remember them both standing on the PITT logo wearing psu gear... make that a double f them both. If a dream to insult the city you live.. classy, go to the school that has no respect. Let's live out that dream.

Reactions: Blue Goose
And same to you for going after a recruit. No idea why grown men, supposedly, go after 18 years olds living out their dream. And if both were at Pitt, you'd think they were the greatest.

Back at you for making it personal.

Do they play at PITT... no so f them both.. do remember them both standing on the PITT logo wearing psu gear... make that a double f them both. If a dream to insult the city you live.. classy, go to the school that has no respect. Let's live out that dream.
Yeah, it's all about you and your feelings. Funny, I saw many on both sides picking each other up off the ground. See, they get it, you don't. They are the only ones that matter. Many are actually quite good friends.

Of course mama Sanders didn't like Narduzzi, Narduzzi was the main guy pulling her baby away from HER wishes of having him leave Pittsburgh. Narduzzi doing his job had to stay on the kid and try to get him to flip and he almost did. I wonder what the baby boy is gonna think about his mom if the next 3 years work out like his 1st?

And Wade was not PSU all along. He was PSU after Urban recruited DB's with size... then Wade went to his plan B of PSU.

Yeah, it's all about you and your feelings. Funny, I saw many on both sides picking each other up off the ground. See, they get it, you don't. They are the only ones that matter. Many are actually quite good friends.

Of course the players get along. This game isn't some major rivalry where there is blood boiling hatred. These are kids who grew up together, played together and workout together. Those days of hatred are long gone...but the older generation of fan still thinks it exists. It's a good instate game for bragging rights, and that's it.

Is that your bleacher report... you read the papers, read the posts...
If you would hear what I hear... I do get it, obviously you do not.
I could care less if you have nitter friends, add it to your tombstone.
Do you have friends that are a different race too...

If they don't choose PITT i really don't care about them. What surprises me is that when looking in the psu student and fan sections there are hardly any blacks yet these black kids choose to play at this school.

Not meaning to sound like sour grapes, but based on what I've seen of Sanders, I don't think that we missed too much when we didn't get him. The Nits used him, he fumbled, and then he vanished.

Wade? Too early to tell. But it was plain to see that he was never coming to Pitt, if only from the comments from his father. IMHO, Pitt wasted too much time recruiting him.

If they don't choose PITT i really don't care about them. What surprises me is that when looking in the psu student and fan sections there are hardly any blacks yet these black kids choose to play at this school.

Easy Anglo girls...

Your school covered up child rape to protect recruiting. Pick a new school to root for before you ever post criticism of anyone else.

You have lost your right to say anything negative to anyone but your own cult followers.

Neither guy is a difference maker...let's move on!

Reactions: vietvet1

You didn't mention the real reason why Sanders mom demanded her kid go to PSU. I'm assuming you don't know. And Wade's family had everything to do with his decision. HCPN is the only reason Pitt was entertain by Sanders(the kid) and HCPN(and Pitt) was irrelevant in the wade recruitment. I know both of my sources are 100%. Don't ask me about Sanders mom because I can't expound on details. Let's just say relations are important to Sanders mom and leave it at that. Sanders would have started that game if he were at Pitt.

Reactions: freddietee511
I have a very close friend from New Kensington who is now a defensive analyst at Notre Dame. He made no bones about it, Sanders mother was obsessed with Franklin and Terry Smith and felt a connection to them because they are black.

I have a friend who says that people who claim a friend told them something that can't be substantiated, should usually just keep it to themselves.

Otherwise, it comes off as pure conjecture.

Says the guy who pays for a membership of a team he doesn't even root for so he can obsess about the other team's 18 year olds.... Sheesh!

Reactions: _fugazi_
Next two years.
I've Changed views on that team.
Without Barkley and a couple key starters next yr, State College won't be that good.
Frankie is a great big dumb.

And He can only blabber what the Joebots want to hear unlike coach Bill O who wanted nothing to do with Joebotism.

Reactions: freddietee511

I did not see one black Penn State fan yesterday. Literally not one. It was a goal of mine to try to see one but I didn't. I am sure there were some there but none that I actually saw.

I have a friend who says that people who claim a friend told them something that can't be substantiated, should usually just keep it to themselves.

Otherwise, it comes off as pure conjecture.

Its a message board. You don't have to believe me. I cant even say that I 100% believe it because I am getting the info 3rd hand.

I have a very close friend from New Kensington who is now a defensive analyst at Notre Dame. He made no bones about it, Sanders mother was obsessed with Franklin and Terry Smith and felt a connection to them because they are black.

Definitely a black thing...

Reactions: KanePA
Since Robert Foster's career is coming to an illustrious end, we can now start the Sanders and Wade threads. Piss on them all and forget about it.

Colten Beck is also not going to Pitt, and I will leave it at that, hope he has a back up plan.

And I don't need to talk to a friend of a friend on this issue

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT