ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday ACC Thread

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Is UNC/Clemson a play-out game? Probably not but it does seem like a must win for those teams. Not sure who to root for. A Clemson W gives us less of a chance to win the league but keeps our loss vs them Quad 2. A UNC W helps them move up and maybe to Quad 1 eventually. Honestly, I care more about making the NCAAT than winning the league so I dont want to Clemson fall to Q3

Reactions: gary2
Is UNC/Clemson a play-out game? Probably not but it does seem like a must win for those teams. Not sure who to root for. A Clemson W gives us less of a chance to win the league but keeps our loss vs them Quad 2. A UNC W helps them move up and maybe to Quad 1 eventually. Honestly, I care more about making the NCAAT than winning the league so I dont want to Clemson fall to Q3
Lets bury UNC and any other ACC team thar poses a threat to our getting in.

Be firmly top 4

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
Pitt is in dude baring injury. They have done enough and now guaranteed no worse than 7-4 road and combined (7-7) road/neutral if they don’t win an ACC tourney game and lose to VT/Miami. I would rather have two wins over a strong UNC than a Q2 over Q3 loss to plus .500 Clemson. Part of this is the way the rest of the bubbles team falling. Kentucky with awful loss today.

We want UNC to win. We want both of our wins against them to retain value.

And winning the league matters more than Clemson loss being Q3 vs Q2. Winning the league impacts the perception in the human minds of the committee. Winning the league might be worth a seed line in itself.

Carolina game is iced. Hopefully your first place Pitt Panthers have a nice flight home
And NFW Clemson is falling to Q3 as a result of today as the delusional OP claims could happen. 🤦‍♂️ 😂

Just gives a lot more weight and credence to Pitt’s 2 wins over UNC. Especially the one at the Dean Dome.

Wake trailing late to Georgia Tech at home. Must win for the Deacs.

Wake trailing late to Georgia Tech at home. Must win for the Deacs.

Some awful officiating there. First of all, they had to call a foul on Wake. If there wasn't a foul then the GT dude clearly traveled. Then the Wake player gets the ball and is sliding across the court, which is a traveling violation, but they give Wake the time out.

And now Wake scores to take the lead with 11.8 to go.

Some awful officiating there. First of all, they had to call a foul on Wake. If there wasn't a foul then the GT dude clearly traveled. Then the Wake player gets the ball and is sliding across the court, which is a traveling violation, but they give Wake the time out.

And now Wake scores to take the lead with 11.8 to go.
Agreed. Not to mention the refs stopped the game for a clock review after GT’s made basket with 7 seconds left. They basically gave Wake a free TO when they had none.

Looked like the GT players got pulled down to the court on that Hail Mary pass. But, of course, when there's no freakin' replay because they're rushing off to the next game, it's hard to know for sure.

Miami only up by one at home on Louisville at halftime. Don’t think Louisville can get to quad 3 even if they win out but will like to see the canes lose. Seems like the acc is going to be a two horse race with the cavs. Their schedule is even easier than ours the rest of the way

Reactions: nycpanther98
Their schedule is even easier than ours the rest of the way
I think any of those teams that goes 5-1 will be at least tied for the reg season title, and at the least force a tie breaker scenerio.

or scenario for the English majors

Last edited:
This Quad bullshit remains the most childish, reductive brand of idiocy I have ever seen.
The NCAA loves to have committee meetings to pick who’s in their playoffs. But since humans can’t possibly manage all the data, they dumb it down, unironically calling a win against the 30th team no better than one against the number 1 team, and way better than against the number 31 team.

Miami only up by one at home on Louisville at halftime. Don’t think Louisville can get to quad 3 even if they win out but will like to see the canes lose. Seems like the acc is going to be a two horse race with the cavs. Their schedule is even easier than ours the rest of the way

I expect UVA to lose at UNC. They don't match up with the Heels very well. UNC should be in fight or flight mode for that game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT