ADVERTISEMENT

Seat selection next week

I am a season ticket holder and logged into the site per the instructions. Only the student section and a few other seats are red.

Click on the Section you're interested in and it should show you what's taken and what's left (green)
I see it now. It is what it is. The seats that are gone have been chosen by people higher up than me. And I’ve had football and basketball season tickets for 21 years.

Its almost Wednesday--looks like plenty of good seats. The mid-court club seats are still wide open. I just hope that I don't get stuck next to some negative type fan. I enjoyed my seats last year too--I can find comparable ones this year--but I can't pick who is around me. I had seats a few years ago that were unbearable because of someone who sat behind me--yeah, we all knew how bad the Stallings product was, but Jeez.

I hope that those folks who aren't getting the seats they want kick in some more cash. Those who pay, get. That's how things work. It wasn't too long ago that there was a waiting list for some seats. I've been on a waiting list for Steeler tickets for 25 years--to the point where I don't care or even know if I'm still on the list. If I really cared, I would have found the money to get the seats.

Capture%20seat.MHT

Then you aren't doing it right.

Go to your account on the Pitt web site and log in. There will be a link there (after you are logged in) in the upper right that gets you to the actual selection map.

It's generous of you to provide Tech support for this poster.

He should call PITT Tech support to get site Navigation instructions.
th

This guy will straighten things out quick?

He's my go to guy on the PITT Tech Support team.

He always has those PITT homecoming colors on and can't wait to
get back for the next homecoming game.

Last edited:
My time was this afternoon and I was relatively pleased with what I got. I wanted our original seats back, but had to settle for the row behind our original seats.

Oddly enough, sometime yesterday someone picked the seats we had the past few years, but at that time the seats directly in front of them in the section were all unpicked. I must admit, I do not understand the logic that some people are apparently using.

Reactions: pitt-girl
My time was this afternoon and I was relatively pleased with what I got. I wanted our original seats back, but had to settle for the row behind our original seats.

Oddly enough, sometime yesterday someone picked the seats we had the past few years, but at that time the seats directly in front of them in the section were all unpicked. I must admit, I do not understand the logic that some people are apparently using.
spock-illogical1.jpg

We picked today as well. We moved to another corner. I’m pretty well pleased with what we got, considering there are three of us season ticket holders involved.

I see it now. It is what it is. The seats that are gone have been chosen by people higher up than me. And I’ve had football and basketball season tickets for 21 years.
I kept my current section (110) but moved down one row because someone had usurped our old seats. No biggie, but I was surprised. First time that happened in my 37 years as a STH.

I kept my current section (110) but moved down one row because someone had usurped our old seats. No biggie, but I was surprised. First time that happened in my 37 years as a STH.
Hope it wasn't us.......:oops:

I was in 118 last year, row C. Moved to 124 this year, row M. I’m further back but happy to be on the Pitt bench end and the end where they shoot in the second half. My first 21 yrs I bounced between 115, 116, 117, 118 and 119.

I was in 118 last year, row C. Moved to 124 this year, row M. I’m further back but happy to be on the Pitt bench end and the end where they shoot in the second half. My first 21 yrs I bounced between 115, 116, 117, 118 and 119.
The Pete opened in 2002?

The Pete opened in 2002?
Sorry, I’ve had season tickets for 21 years. I’ve bounced around those sections since the Pete opened.

Reactions: pitt-girl
Sorry, I’ve had season tickets for 21 years. I’ve bounced around those sections since the Pete opened.

I just completed my selection and I have no complaints. Got tickets with my friend as usual -- had him on the phone with me as his selection time was 2 minutes before me. We moved from section 118 to 110 to get away from the band which I'm told will be around 117-118 this year. Our seats actually improved a bit this time.

Haven’t looked since I selected, but is it possible to see the selection site that shows what seats have been taken after your selection is completed? Just curious as to roughly how many seats will have been spoken for after the selection process is finished.

Yes you can go section by section and see what is gone and what is in someone's cart right at that moment.

I just completed my selection and I have no complaints. Got tickets with my friend as usual -- had him on the phone with me as his selection time was 2 minutes before me. We moved from section 118 to 110 to get away from the band which I'm told will be around 117-118 this year. Our seats actually improved a bit this time.

I thought the band was moved to one of the behind the basket Zoo sections. I didnt think that was a good idea when I saw that as that's too big of a section but maybe they wont be there.

I got pretty good seats, I think. I have never been in that area so I am not sure of sight lines. I checked out all possible seats previously, but all of those seats were gone. I am at Other end of arena. Had to buy a 5th seat because I left a single seat open. The program would not allow me to purchase, but Pitt ticket office called me while I was online and helped me out.

I moved up. I have had the same seats since the Pete opened in section 208. Decided for a different view and moved to 106.

Seems like most in this thread are satisfied with their new seats ...... looks like the reseating system is working pretty well ...... now hopefully we can get back to filling the Pete for games soon !

Got my seats today. I flipped with the Pete too from 117 to 104. I really like watching Capel blow a gasket when they start slow.

Plus the visits always sit by the bench fun to see who is visiting.

Reactions: RoguePanther
My observation is that the clubbies arent selling well and in theory, the richest donors should have already had their turn. I think that starting next year, Pitt has to look at reducing some of those donation levels because it would appear many of those will go unsold. Like leave the midcourt at $1000 per seat but when you get higher up in the sections behind and across from the team benches maybe those should step down to $500-$750 per seat. It kinda doesnt make much sense to have no donation levels between $150 for Lower endzone and corner seating and $1000 for sideline seating. Maybe the loge's are in between that but there's not many of those seats.

I was surprised that even the old "friends and family" section is still unsold. This is that section on the floor next to the courtside boxes sorta behind the team bench where Carl Krauser used to sit along with player families and recruits. Those are awesome seats and they are now considered club with the $1000 donation but nobody has bought them.

Reactions: Chanceman
My observation is that the clubbies arent selling well and in theory, the richest donors should have already had their turn. I think that starting next year, Pitt has to look at reducing some of those donation levels because it would appear many of those will go unsold. Like leave the midcourt at $1000 per seat but when you get higher up in the sections behind and across from the team benches maybe those should step down to $500-$750 per seat. It kinda doesnt make much sense to have no donation levels between $150 for Lower endzone and corner seating and $1000 for sideline seating. Maybe the loge's are in between that but there's not many of those seats.

I was surprised that even the old "friends and family" section is still unsold. This is that section on the floor next to the courtside boxes sorta behind the team bench where Carl Krauser used to sit along with player families and recruits. Those are awesome seats and they are now considered club with the $1000 donation but nobody has bought them.

"Those are awesome seats and they are now considered club with the $1000 donation but nobody has bought them."

Aren't they now no longer behind the benches but on the opposite side since the court flipped?

Maybe that is the reason they are unsold at that donation level?---Perhaps the people who used to buy them were those who liked to sit behind the benches?

How many club seats (sections 107/108/109/120/121/122) are unsold at this point ?

Where are they in the seating selection process (are they on Group A,B,C,D, or are they finished) ?

There may be some high donors in Group C (Panther Club members who did not have basketball tickets last year) who may want club seats.

"Those are awesome seats and they are now considered club with the $1000 donation but nobody has bought them."

Aren't they now no longer behind the benches but on the opposite side since the court flipped?

Maybe that is the reason they are unsold at that donation level?---Perhaps the people who used to buy them were those who liked to sit behind the benches?

They used to be behind the benches, diagonally but were not sold to the public as they were the home and away family sections. Now they are being sold as club seats since the benches have moved but nobody has bought any. I mean the first "row" of 2 seats are literally on the court, well what is probably the practice court but you are on the floor sitting right behind Samson George. That's a great seat! I came close to splurging but decided against it. Still got great lowers in the $150 per seat donation level.

I moved from 115 to 102. Got very similar seats to what we had… 2nd and 3rd row with my group. The Pete flipped and so did we. We are pleased with the process.

The lone the "Glass is Half Full Guy"!

I buy football season tickets but share other ( our kids) basketball season tickets.

I read this thread every night its great entertainment!

Keep it going!

Reactions: RoguePanther
I mean the first "row" of 2 seats are literally on the court, well what is probably the practice court but you are on the floor sitting right behind Samson George. That's a great seat!

It's not actually a great seat, because you are sitting directly behind a bunch of people who are much bigger than you but you are on the exact same level as them, so you get to watch much of the game while trying to look around them.

It's always better to sit a few rows off the floor than to sit at exactly floor level.

How many club seats (sections 107/108/109/120/121/122) are unsold at this point ?

Where are they in the seating selection process (are they on Group A,B,C,D, or are they finished) ?.

The vast majority of them. I forget exactly but on one side they didnt even have 1 row filled in 2 of the sections. The 2 midcourt sections had maybe 1/4 and 1/2 half full but very few people picked the other 4 sections.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT