ADVERTISEMENT

Sharpie them

matt15301

Walk-on
Nov 18, 2012
It’s pretty simple from here on out in my opinion.

For Pitt to not have a worry on Selection Sunday

- Beat Cuse and ND

- Split Cuse/ND and beat Miami or win their ACC tourney opener

Anything worse and they may have something to worry about. Weak bubble this year, however.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
They are going to take 6 ACC Teams.

If we are solidly top 6, we are in.

1 more win gets them in. 2 more wins gets them out of Dayton.
I think if they beat Cuse and the Irish even if they lose at Miami and in their first ACC Tournament game they should still be solidly in and should avoid Dayton no matter what. I think the worst they should be would be a 10 seed or even an 11 but still it should be an 11 seed that’s in the tournament and not playing in the first four in Dayton.

So if Pitt fails to win another game they would be 20-12 with likely 7-8/9 quad1/2 wins with 2-3 quad 3 losses and a quad 4. But they would be 5-5 in last 10 and a 7-7 combined road/neutral rec. I think that is Dayton as solid road wins get them in rather than NIT.

One more win should be enough to avoid Dayton. I think committee based on initial 16 seeds will favor B12 and be kinder to ACC. As a whole the ACC did ok against B10 OOC.

Hope we only need 1 win because if we lose to Cuse, we have to beat Notre Dame and then Miami or likely Duke.

Hope we only need 1 win because if we lose to Cuse, we have to beat Notre Dame and then Miami or likely Duke.
Duke ideally will grab 4th or 5th seed. It appears the one thing Pitt has that the rest of the bubble doesn’t is road wins. And not just 1-2 more, most cases 3-4.

We ain’t losin’ to CUSE.
The best thing about Cuse is that their zone defense plays into our strength.... 3-point shooting.

Hinson, Elliott, Sibande, and Cummings should gets lots of open looks. Hope they're on.

Secondly.... Cummings REALLY gets up for playing Syracuse throughout his career at Colgate and the one game earlier this year.

Thirdly.... The place will be packed, the zoo will be relentless against both Boeheim and Mintz.

Judah Mintz is going to try to do too much, and have a bunch of turnovers.

We ain’t losin’ to CUSE.
cant-wait-excited.gif

1 more win gets them in. 2 more wins gets them out of Dayton.
I agree, but they will be sweating big time if they lose out after Cuse. You cannot be very comfortable if you’re projected to go to Dayton lol. You really then have to worry about bid stealers.

Reactions: cabe23
I agree, but they will be sweating big time if they lose out after Cuse. You cannot be very comfortable if you’re projected to go to Dayton lol. You really then have to worry about bid stealers.
Perhaps; but I really don't see any mid-major conference getting more than one bid. I looked at each of the top teams in those conferences, and none of them seemed good enough if they somehow managed to lose their automatic bid

It’s pretty simple from here on out in my opinion.

For Pitt to not have a worry on Selection Sunday

- Beat Cuse and ND

- Split Cuse/ND and beat Miami or win their ACC tourney opener

Anything worse and they may have something to worry about. Weak bubble this year, however.
Yep. I think the key is Cuse now. A loss there and the finish will seem like mt Everest with tired legs. For now , 20 wins an incredible story.

Perhaps; but I really don't see any mid-major conference getting more than one bid. I looked at each of the top teams in those conferences, and none of them seemed good enough if they somehow managed to lose their automatic bid
The bid stealer would be someone like Oregon or Arizona St winning the PAC 12. Nova winning the BET etc. Maybe a Mountain West team? I mean, maybe FAU would get in, but I doubt it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT