ADVERTISEMENT

Sidy Ndr

Happy to hear it. NMSU fans have said that his shot was off last season and that they think it might have been a confidence issue. Apparently he's spent most of his time at the 2 whereas he was recruited as a 1. That explains the low assist totals and why his PPG was cut in half from his sophomore to junior seasons. I can see him making a decent impact with a change of scenery, he's certainly athletic enough for the ACC, but if nothing else it's a nice depth pickup.

Not sure what happened but he had a horrible season last year. If he can channel what he did 2 years ago he can be a real nice player.

Nice add. Some experience to help the young guys.

Really impressed with what Capel has done.

We have the room for a few more if he can get em. What in God's name is Kene thinking?
He has to be impressed with what's coming, unless he fears he won't see the floor.
Also, none of us know what Capel has told him about his chances.

Kene has now committed to stay if I am interpreting the thread headers correctly on the pay board (I don't have access to the content over there).

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
N'Dir brings some nice athleticism and defense to the backcourt. Hopefully he can regain his shot because clearly he can shoot. I feel much better given the experience and athleticism our guards now posses.

Add a semi talented big body transfer and I will be really looking forward to this season.

Reactions: Chescat
One capable big to add for 18 would be quite a feat at this stage of the game.

True, it would be quite a recruiting feat.

Even one reasonably competent big who can get defensive rebounds would, IMHO, make a difference this coming season given how bad our rebounding was last season. I just cant see Brown, even if improved, delivering enough rebounding--especially in ACC play. And, even if he is amazingly better, where are we when he has foul trouble and has to sit or when he fouls out?

IMO, another plug-and-play rebounder (grad transfer preferred, or JUCO) is a our biggest immediate need if next could approach 0.500 (i.e., 10-11 OOC + 4-6 ACC wins). Without another solid rebounder and only the expected improved guard play, I believe we are probably looking at 10-13 wins overall (9-10 OOC + 1-3 ACC) this coming season. I will take that as a definite improvement over this past season; but, it sure would be nice to get to 16-16 (+/- one game) both for us fans and as an additional recruiting selling point for Coach Capel for the class of 2020.

Reactions: Chescat
Reactions: Pittnerski
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT