ADVERTISEMENT

Signing day 2.0 Surprise?

ELDADDY

Prep
Jan 29, 2018
Obviously every off season HCPN has a few tricks up his sleeve, but I'm hearing some rum rum rum rumblings of yet another big one tomorrow. Not only is Salahuddin ours (which he 100% is), but I'm hearing another prominent 4 star is gonna ink with the Panthers as well tomorrow. Another far fetch rumblings I've been hearing is a potential in-state flip could happen, but won't take place tomorrow.

How far the Panthers have come during HCPN's prime. Where we're going into other states TAKING whats ours and yet another year where we're straight up stealing other schools recruits. ACC Coastal... YOUR NEXT!!!!

Reactions: THEPAPI
Obviously every off season HCPN has a few tricks up his sleeve, but I'm hearing some rum rum rum rumblings of yet another big one tomorrow. Not only is Salahuddin ours (which he 100% is), but I'm hearing another prominent 4 star is gonna ink with the Panthers as well tomorrow. Another far fetch rumblings I've been hearing is a potential in-state flip could happen, but won't take place tomorrow.

How far the Panthers have come during HCPN's prime. Where we're going into other states TAKING whats ours and yet another year where we're straight up stealing other schools recruits. ACC Coastal... YOUR NEXT!!!!
Although he is not a 4 star I think we have a great shot with Baldonado.

If we land him, then the trolls will say he is only a 3 Star. If we do not land him, then the same trolls will complain that we did not land him. Mark it down.

The kid is a beast. 6'5 off the edge with good burst. Definitely raw and would need some time put on about 30-40lbs and develop. The best pass defense is a good pass rush imo.

The kid is a beast. 6'5 off the edge with good burst. Definitely raw and would need some time put on about 30-40lbs and develop. The best pass defense is a good pass rush imo.
I don’t disagree with you, but just watch and see. What I said will happen.

So is the op alluding to a 3rd recruit for tomorrow or is he just insane?

He's fine?
furious-man-trying-to-scape-from-straitjacket-picture-id152983716

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go Pitt & CSU Rams!

If we land him, then the trolls will say he is only a 3 Star. If we do not land him, then the same trolls will complain that we did not land him. Mark it down.
He is only a 3 star. He is a lottery ticket. Landing him is better than not landing him or another intriguing prospect and instead holding onto some dead weight.

The funny thing here is you are unbelievably inconsistent, but you call other people trolls. Baldonado is like Kham Davis. He could be a player. He is essentially all hope and projection. Is it fine to have some of that? Yep, if most of your recruiting is top line. That is true in both football and basketball. Of course you have no problem (rightly) expressing the issues with Stallings recruiting, but can't do the same for football.

Our recruiting is not good enough, in either sport, to suggest we will be able to compete for conference championships. I hope it changes for both.

Last edited:
Reactions: SempleFest06
He is only a 3 star. He is a lottery ticket. Landing him is better than not landing him or another intriguing prospect and instead holding onto some dead weight.

The funny thing here is you are unbelievably inconsistent, but you call other people trolls. Baldonado is like Kham Davis. He could be a player. He is essentially all hope and projection. Is it fine to have some of that? Yep, if most of your recruiting is top line. That is true in both football and basketball. Of course you have no problem (rightly) expressing the issues with Stallings recruiting, but can't do the same for football.

Our recruiting is not good enough in, either sport, to suggest we will be able to compete for conference championships. I hope it changes for both.
What offers did Kham Davis have? What offers did Baldonado have? Offers are more important than Stars if you are comparing the two.

What offers did Kham Davis have? What offers did Baldonado have? Offers are more important than Stars if you are comparing the two.
Texas Tech and mid majors. Not very many. There are also far, far fewer scholarships in P5 basketball. Would you rather compare it to Danya Kingsby or Bryce Golden? What about the DB we just got from Texas with one offer. You liked the post and topic saying "Wow...that is ridiculously impressive!"

247's updated rankings list him 524th in the country. In their opinion, he's the 2nd best recruit in this class.

Our recruiting is not good enough, in either sport, to suggest we will be able to compete for conference championships. I hope it changes for both.

Texas Tech and mid majors. Not very many. There are also far, far fewer scholarships in P5 basketball. Would you rather compare it to Danya Kingsby or Bryce Golden? What about the DB we just got from Texas with one offer. You liked the post and topic saying "Wow...that is ridiculously impressive!"
Davis had no other offers, and wasn’t even ranked. The last DB was committed to Washington St. who was Top 20, and he had other offers. You are going off the deep end and grasping for straws dipping into “likes” for your argument. Hilarious.

Stars are more objective if you are comparing the two.
Lots of kids report Alabama offers, as they should. Technically Alabama has offered, so in your offer profile it goes. But most people understand an early Alabama offer is actually them offering you to come camp in front of them and earn a real, committable offer.
Whereas stars don't have that kind of "what does it actually mean" dynamic to them.

Boldanado was not offered by Pitt or Michigan St prior to the first signing period. It doesn't mean he is a bad player but it also doesn't mean he is the 2nd coming of Hugh Green like some will make him out to be

This is an unusual case since he just moved here this year. Until he played this season, no-one would have any idea about him.

Once he played and got a tape out- in the span of a week, coaches from Michigan State, UCLA, Cincinnati, Kansas, Coastal Carolina, Illinois, Pittsburgh, Oregon, Syracuse, Connecticut, UMass and more were in to see him.

Boldanado was not offered by Pitt or Michigan St prior to the first signing period. It doesn't mean he is a bad player but it also doesn't mean he is the 2nd coming of Hugh Green like some will make him out to be

Last edited:
We just took a DE commit that everybody thrilled by it said, "We don't need him to contribute right away. This is the type of DE you redshirt and develop for a few years."
Now I have no idea what defense those people were watching that leads them to believe we have the luxury of just stashing players away for a few years. But to the extent we do have that defense, how many of those DEs can we really take in one class?

Davis had no other offers, and wasn’t even ranked. The last DB was committed to Washington St. who was Top 20, and he had other offers. You are going off the deep end and grasping for straws dipping into “likes” for your argument. Hilarious.
Davis didn't have very good offers. He was a recruit that was entirely built on hope. That DB had mid level G5 offers and WSU, a "top 20 team" (they were not a top 20 team because they lost by a combined 83-31 in their last two games and dropped completely out of the rankings) definitely known for their DB play under Mike Leach. Right.

Bates was one of the best recruiters and so instrumental at Northwestern, but he never had a NW offer. Why not? He had no real offers from the state of Texas. His best in state (in a state full of D1 and even P5 programs) offer was Texas State. He might not have even had WSU as a real option after the DC left and he didn't sign in December.

If Pitt basketball got the same commitment you would lay into Stallings, and rightfully so. Now, HCPN has a better track record and provides more hope, but you can't call people trolls or claim they have agendas and then you yourself not be honest and even across the board.

247's updated rankings list him 524th in the country. In their opinion, he's the 2nd best recruit in this class.
Their rank has him 744. The composite has him 988. 524, 744, or 988 doesn't matter much. He is a lightly recruited prospect who didn't even have an offer from NW when Bates was there and had nothing from any decent in state schools. I certainly have hope he can be a good player. It is not a recruiting win to get him. They fact he could even be close to our 2nd best commitment in the class (by any metric) is an indictment of the low quality of the class.

Davis didn't have very good offers. He was a recruit that was entirely built on hope. That DB had mid level G5 offers and WSU, a "top 20 team" (they were not a top 20 team because they lost by a combined 83-31 in their last two games and dropped completely out of the rankings) definitely known for their DB play under Mike Leach. Right.

Bates was one of the best recruiters and so instrumental at Northwestern, but he never had a NW offer. Why not? He had no real offers from the state of Texas. His best in state (in a state full of D1 and even P5 programs) offer was Texas State. He might not have even had WSU as a real option after the DC left and he didn't sign in December.

If Pitt basketball got the same commitment you would lay into Stallings, and rightfully so. Now, HCPN has a better track record and provides more hope, but you can't call people trolls or claim they have agendas and then you yourself not be honest and even across the board.

Their rank has him 744. The composite has him 988. 524, 744, or 988 doesn't matter much. He is a lightly recruited prospect who didn't even have an offer from NW when Bates was there and had nothing from any decent in state schools. I certainly have hope he can be a good player. It is not a recruiting win to get him. They fact he could even be close to our 2nd best commitment in the class (by any metric) is an indictment of the low quality of the class.
Huge difference between a sport with a 13 man roster and an 85 man roster. In regards to Golden, I am optimistic about him.

Huge difference between a sport with a 13 man roster and an 85 man roster. In regards to Golden, I am optimistic about him.
Except our recruiting class is filled with guys with similar ratings, rankings, and offer sheets and that is the point. Even if it weren't, "Wow" and "ridiculously impressive" is embarrassingly biased and uneven with your basketball takes.

Except our recruiting class is filled with guys with similar ratings, rankings, and offer sheets and that is the point. Even if it weren't, "Wow" and "ridiculously impressive" is embarrassingly biased and uneven with your basketball takes.
What?

Our class is filled with guys with average rankings/ratings and hit or miss offer sheets. Calling getting a guy with 1 P5 offer (from a school who may or may not have still been an option after the DC left and he didn't sign in December) a "Wow" and "ridiculously impressive" feat is embarrassingly biased and completely uneven with the same posters questioning of the basketball program.

The only realistic way for Pitt to build a good program in football or basketball is by finding good players, developing them, and then mix in a few difference makers. Neither program is going to land a bunch of 4/5 Stars. Narduzzi has shown positive signs of building a program. Stallings has not.

Our class is filled with guys with average rankings/ratings and hit or miss offer sheets. Calling getting a guy with 1 P5 offer (from a school who may or may not have still been an option after the DC left and he didn't sign in December) a "Wow" and "ridiculously impressive" feat is embarrassingly biased and completely uneven with the same posters questioning of the basketball program.
Wisconsin is doing just fine in football with recruits that you just described.

At worst, seems fairly commensurate with programs of similar fb budgets, revenues.

I don't understand why posters are so afraid to admit Pitt's recruiting needs to be better. If the goal is to compete for a championship, recruiting must be better. That's it. It's not trolling to admit it.

I agree....

And it’s ok to admit he needs to do a better job locally.

And it’s ok to say both of those things and still like him and the job he is doing as a whole.

It’s also ok to say Kevin Stallings is not getting it done on the recruiting trail but some of his players are showing some improvement.

It’s also ok to say he needs one more year but not like the Job he is doing generally.

With a lot of these posters it’s one or the other. You love everything about everything or you’re a “troll”

Is there any truth to the original post or is El Daddy a persona?

Wisconsin is doing just fine in football with recruits that you just described.
Are we are going to be competing in their division and not the ACC coastal? Are we taking the games with UT, UCF, PSU, WVU, and Cincy off the OOC schedule? That is huge news!

Obviously you don't want to look at the facts and admit Wisconsin is no talent outlier. What is unique is they don't suffer the "Pitt" upset losses to the lesser teams on their schedule and almost always beat the equally talented teams. However, they don't play teams clearly ahead of them in talent, like Pitt does, and when they do, they lose most of the time. Maybe Pitt can execute like that, but we still would have almost no chance of winning our conference. Is our goal for our ceiling to be 8-4 to 9-3 and probably never winning the ACC?

Is there any truth to the original post or is El Daddy a persona?
Just wait in the coming days.. :rolleyes:

Jagoffs just try to come at my takes for my homerism for my alma mater. If more Pitt fans were like me, they'd be a lot happier.

Trust the process, and trust in stability. Since we have the latter for once, I see nothing but a bright future for the Pittsburgh Panthers football team!!!

I was talking about Baldonado. 247 has him ranked 524 in their rankings.

Reactions: Jpripper88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT