ADVERTISEMENT

Signing day 2.0 Surprise?

Texas Tech and mid majors. Not very many. There are also far, far fewer scholarships in P5 basketball. Would you rather compare it to Danya Kingsby or Bryce Golden? What about the DB we just got from Texas with one offer. You liked the post and topic saying "Wow...that is ridiculously impressive!"

Last edited:
He is only a 3 star. He is a lottery ticket. Landing him is better than not landing him or another intriguing prospect and instead holding onto some dead weight.

The funny thing here is you are unbelievably inconsistent, but you call other people trolls. Baldonado is like Kham Davis. He could be a player. He is essentially all hope and projection. Is it fine to have some of that? Yep, if most of your recruiting is top line. That is true in both football and basketball. Of course you have no problem (rightly) expressing the issues with Stallings recruiting, but can't do the same for football.

Our recruiting is not good enough, in either sport, to suggest we will be able to compete for conference championships. I hope it changes for both.

Goodness how mind-numbingly stupid

Just wait in the coming days.. :rolleyes:

Jagoffs just try to come at my takes for my homerism for my alma mater. If more Pitt fans were like me, they'd be a lot happier.

Trust the process, and trust in stability. Since we have the latter for once, I see nothing but a bright future for the Pittsburgh Panthers football team!!!

Anyone who uses “trust the process” in reference to college has no credibility.

Reactions: pittdan77
Goodness how mind-numbingly stupid
I agree, that you and Stache and the like, who say "Wow" and "ridiculously impressive" to signing a 3 star recruit with 1 P5 offer, and nothing even remotely decent in state, makes our fanbase look mind-numbingly stupid.

Reactions: Ski11585
Just wait in the coming days.. :rolleyes:

Jagoffs just try to come at my takes for my homerism for my alma mater. If more Pitt fans were like me, they'd be a lot happier.

Trust the process, and trust in stability. Since we have the latter for once, I see nothing but a bright future for the Pittsburgh Panthers football team!!!

Charlie Brown....running to kick the football.....and Lucy pulls it away time.....after time.....after time.....

For 30 years.......

Reactions: jctrack
I agree, that you and Stache and the like, who say "Wow" and "ridiculously impressive" to signing a 3 star recruit with 1 P5 offer, and nothing even remotely decent in state, makes our fanbase look mind-numbingly stupid.

How would liking a recruit we sign make penn state look stupid?

I think you guys do that all on your own.

Let's try this again. He just moved to the U.S last summer and played 1 season.

Once he played and got a tape out- in the span of a week, coaches from Michigan State, UCLA, Cincinnati, Kansas, Coastal Carolina, Illinois, Pittsburgh, Oregon, Syracuse, Connecticut, UMass and more were in to see him.

Not many 2* recruits end up with over 5 P5 offers- especially given the circumstances (one season, no tape, no camps).

ya this kid wasn't hidden in the woods in Clarion. He was playing football in Clearwater. A hotbed for football. Teams probably knew about him by game 2 of the season.

ya this kid wasn't hidden in the woods in Clarion. He was playing football in Clearwater. A hotbed for football. Teams probably knew about him by game 2 of the season.
Huh? You obviously have never been part of the recruiting process as an athlete or coach.

Huh? You obviously have never been part of the recruiting process as an athlete or coach.

Your comment makes little to no sense unless you think college coaches are sitting at a computer all day pressing F5 or refresh on Hudl waiting for film to pop up. These coaches have contacts and are at games of kids on this kids team. The fact a bunch of yinz think they just found out about him in January is comical

Reactions: Panther Goal
How would liking a recruit we sign make penn state look stupid?

I think you guys do that all on your own.
You are a homer and embarrassing Pitt fan. I'm just a Pitt fan. I don't like Penn State at all. You know that, but you and Stache are pathetic, narrow minded homers who can't produce rational and reasoned thought and call anyone who can a troll, Joebot, etc. Every program has those kinds of fans and every reasonable person is embarrassed by them.

The kid is a beast. 6'5 off the edge with good burst. Definitely raw and would need some time put on about 30-40lbs and develop. The best pass defense is a good pass rush imo.

A bit rawer version of Weaver, with a bit more upside possible.

His school is tiny and just started playing 11 man football. His own coaches didn't know what they had after 2 games.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
You are a homer and embarrassing Pitt fan. I'm just a Pitt fan. I don't like Penn State at all. You know that, but you and Stache are pathetic, narrow minded homers who can't produce rational and reasoned thought and call anyone who can a troll, Joebot, etc. Every program has those kinds of fans and every reasonable person is embarrassed by them.

Classy.

Showed your maturity once again. Trust me, you are the joke of this board not me. I dont even get on this board much at all, so you certainly are confusing me for someone else.

Classy.

Showed your maturity once again. Trust me, you are the joke of this board not me. I dont even get on this board much at all, so you certainly are confusing me for someone else.
I'm not confusing you at all. You are notorious for calling anyone who isn't sunshine pumping a Nitter. You did it in this thread.

I also remember you trying to make the argument a never used walk on (I believe Parker Barrineau) was ahead of Robert Foster at Alabama because you had some connection who told you that.

Reactions: Panther Goal
I'm not confusing you at all. You are notorious for calling anyone who isn't sunshine pumping a Nitter. You did it in this thread.

I also remember you trying to make the argument a never used walk on (I believe Parker Barrineau) was ahead of Robert Foster at Alabama because you had some connection who told you that.

Ok psycho.

Certainly not me. I do think you are a bitter douchebag though. At the very least just a douchebag. Read your posts,

Reactions: FireballZ
You still aren't allowed to ride in the front seat and live in your mom's basement, that makes you credible how?

Mom's basement jokes are so 2006. Get better material.

Regarding trust the process: Does Pitt get to sign top 50 recruits just because they have mediocre finishes?

If not, trust the process doesn't really work. Unlike the Sixers, Pitt gets no reward for being bad.

I was talking about Baldonado. 247 has him ranked 524 in their rankings.

Clearwater Academy International, Baldonado's HS is an odd and somewhat controversial deal. It is a small "Charter" school in downtown Clearwater...immersed into the landscape of the headquarters of The Church of Scientology, the curriculum is heavily based on the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard. So tax dollars are associated with the his teachings.

The students are international in scope so most are new to "American" football.

Clearwater Academy International, Baldonado's HS is an odd and somewhat controversial deal. It is a small "Charter" school in downtown Clearwater...immersed into the landscape of the headquarters of The Church of Scientology, the curriculum is heavily based on the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard. So tax dollars are associated with the his teachings.

The students are international in scope so most are new to "American" football.

I was just saying that Pitt football needed some Scientologists if they wanted to take it to the next level. I would love to see that curriculum.

Nebraska and MSU legit wanted this kid so I think its a pretty good addition. He is obviously all potential but if he pans out he could be a star at a premium position where we have struggled to recruit.

Reactions: pittdan77
Obviously every off season HCPN has a few tricks up his sleeve, but I'm hearing some rum rum rum rumblings of yet another big one tomorrow. Not only is Salahuddin ours (which he 100% is), but I'm hearing another prominent 4 star is gonna ink with the Panthers as well tomorrow. Another far fetch rumblings I've been hearing is a potential in-state flip could happen, but won't take place tomorrow.

How far the Panthers have come during HCPN's prime. Where we're going into other states TAKING whats ours and yet another year where we're straight up stealing other schools recruits. ACC Coastal... YOUR NEXT!!!!
so now we can officially put ELDADDY in the "Troll or insane" pile, correct?

Reactions: Jpripper88
so now we can officially put ELDADDY in the "Troll or insane" pile, correct?
Cute!!! My sources come through at times and other times they dont. I got 1 right and another one is still bound to happen. Keep hating on myself and the panthers tho.

Reactions: THEPAPI
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT