ADVERTISEMENT

Sloppy Seconds at QB - Doesn't work for Pitt

tylersmyth

Walk-on
Jun 30, 2006
Max Browne

Kedon Solvis

Phil Jurkevoc

Only way Pitt will win for the rest of history is developing their own ala Kenny Pickett.

This is strike 3 for Duzz and Crew with Transfer QB's will they learn or continue to burn?

Reactions: Dan1911
Plus was Phil really ever good?

Do you count 2020 season when the stadiums weren't filled and everyone barely had time to practice because they were hoping their team didn't have covid.

BC went 6-5 that year with a win against Pitt who couldn't make an extra point.

Besides high school when has Phil shown he can carry to team to victory in college for a whole season?

Savage and Peterman were mid-round draft picks. But we're in agreement that the QB situation is starting to be a problem. Lack of recruiting is yet another reason to let Cignetti walk, in my opinion. We gonna flip a guy from Geneva next year?

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
Max Browne

Kedon Solvis

Phil Jurkevoc

Only way Pitt will win for the rest of history is developing their own ala Kenny Pickett.

This is strike 3 for Duzz and Crew with Transfer QB's will they learn or continue to burn?
Two things I take from this first in fairness to all those QBs pitts offense is not QB friendly. slovis wasn't good but he would have done better at a QB friendly offense. Slovis was average and had he played in a QB friendly offense he would have put up better numbers.
Second we have taken the wrong type of QB. All the transfers have been guys who were big prospects coming out of highschool who failed at their current school. We should be targeting guys who did well at g5 schools but are looking to move up in competition.

Two things I take from this first in fairness to all those QBs pitts offense is not QB friendly. slovis wasn't good but he would have done better at a QB friendly offense. Slovis was average and had he played in a QB friendly offense he would have put up better numbers.
Second we have taken the wrong type of QB. All the transfers have been guys who were big prospects coming out of highschool who failed at their current school. We should be targeting guys who did well at g5 schools but are looking to move up in competition.
I love this idea. I'm also just kinda like.... regardless of your feelings you go with the best QB. Kedon was not it last year and I'm worried Phil isn't it this year. He is local and I want to give him every benefit of the doubt but man ...last night was super rough.....but also the defense was shredded in the first half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT