ADVERTISEMENT

So close

Gvilleknight

Walk-on
Nov 25, 2005
I know losing any game to the cross-state rival is a bitter pill to swallow, but it was a competitive game. I tuned in, as I wanted to scout the team my Knights play next week.

My takeaway? I was a little surprised to see Pitt tied-up at 10 all, and the longer I watched, the more convinced I was that the teams were evenly-matched, despite PSU's ranking ....but one had the feeling that PSU would eventually find a way to a win. They had the home crowd, that annoying lion snarl, but more than anything, they expected to win. So, confidence may have been the deciding factor in determining the outcome.

Pitt is a solid team with good athletes. I'm pretty sure your 3-4-5 star composite average is higher than our's. If the coaching staff can galvanize the team, and create some confidence and the refusal to lose, the Panthers can still be an ACC player, get a bowl game. To be honest, you have one of the greatest histories in college football. I am looking forward to visiting your city and campus next weekend, and trying some of the eateries in the 'burgh. Of course, I'll pull for UCF, but our tradition can't hold a candle to Pitt's. I have the greatest respect for Pitt and believe your team would have emerged the winner today, had the game been played at Heinz. PSU was very fortunate to get a W!

Reactions: DiehardPanther
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT