ADVERTISEMENT

So Thankful for this team!

Yep. Going out on the big stage isn’t fun by any means, but overall this season was a huge success. Expectations were exceeded by far. Proud of our guys. H2P!

Reactions: gary2
Spot on! This was a fun team to watch and brought me back to college basketball this year. There are pieces in place and this team felt what it was like to succeed. Hopefully it is just the first step to building something special moving forward.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Here, here! Had fun watching Pitt basketball for an entire season for the first time in many years. They battled so hard the past six days. It’ll be disappointing seeing someone other than us play on Friday night in KC, but I think we can get to the second week soon.

Huge THANK YOU to these seniors as well- they revived the culture in this program. H2P!

Last edited:
Yup. Solid core with the twins Fede and Blake returning with some really nice freshman coming in. Needs to find some pieces in the portal
Hopefully seeing how well Pitt did in the portal this season and how well the team played it will make players who are on the fence about where to transfer want to come here seeing the success this team has this season. Combine that with the core we have now with Blake, the Twins, Fede, guys like Johnson and Jeffress coming back and good freshman class of guys like Lowe, Carrington, and Barnes coming in the future is bright for Pitt basketball and hopefully next time they get to this game they can get to the round of 16 and maybe beyond.

Such a fun season! Thankful for this team! I enjoyed college basketball for the first time in about 6 years. As well as the Big Dance! Without this pleasant surprise it would have been just another meh March Madness!

Can Capel build off of this momentum for next year? I hope so!
Good post. I agree 100%

Yep. Exceeded expectations. Round of 32 was awesome. First time in 9 years! Hopefully Dior is the real deal and Jeffress matures. Should help with the transfer portal.
I forgot about Will. He was a good defender and decent rebounder already. I hope he did nothing but work on his shot if he could considering the injury. Will could be a huge contributor next year if he can score as well.

Come to think of it, we could have used a guy like Will. With his length and defensive abilities maybe he closes out on Kunkel and he doesn't go 5-5 from 3 in half one, which effectively put an end to us.

I forgot about Will. He was a good defender and decent rebounder already. I hope he did nothing but work on his shot if he could considering the injury. Will could be a huge contributor next year if he can score as well.
Every team needs glue guys who can rebound and defend without worrying about their scoring. Guys like that are gold...and they tend to get the dirty points on put backs.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
Not that we have a chance at getting him, but, Javon Franklin would give this team needed athleticism and inside scoring. A dangerous and athletic 4 is something we need. Can you imagine a front line of Fede, Hinson, and Franklin?? It is fun having guys who can shoot, but we need some high level athletes as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT