ADVERTISEMENT

So who makes the playoffs?

FSU beat LSU on a neutral site and Florida on the road in their OOC schedule. If they don’t get in as an undefeated P5 team, no one should ever schedule another P5 OOC team.
Exactly. If an undefeated team is left out, it should be Michigan. They played no one OOC and also have the cheating scandal.

Of course that will never happen because corruption.

Reactions: 303vND
I think it will be Michigan, Washington, Texas, and FSU. I also don’t believe FSU can beat any of those teams with a backup QB so I’d swap them with Alabama.

Hypothetically, if FSU announced before the game yesterday that all 22 starters were suspended for the season and they beat Lou 3-0, should they be in?

If Michigan announced all 22 starters were suspended for the season and they lost to Iowa 10-0 (still cant see Iowa scoring more than 10), should they be in at 12-1?

Yes. The team earns its way in or it doesn't, regardless of which pieces its employed along the way.

If fsu doesn’t get into playoffs after going undefeated and winning the acc, the acc should let them out of their GOR and basically admit that every complaint they had about the acc was 100% correct.

If fsu doesn’t get into playoffs after going undefeated and winning the acc, the acc should let them out of their GOR and basically admit that every complaint they had about the acc was 100% correct.
If they don’t make the playoffs it’s not because they play in the ACC, it’s because their starting QB is out.

Boo should go baller mode. Announce the playoff as Pitt, Northwestern, Arizona State, and Illinois. Then put his nuts on the table and throw up double birds as the camera zooms out.

If they don’t make the playoffs it’s not because they play in the ACC, it’s because their starting QB is out.
No, it’s because their SOS is bad and their hood wins are not nearly as good as someone in sec or big 10.

The qb injury will be just an excuse

No, it’s because their SOS is bad and their hood wins are not nearly as good as someone in sec or big 10.

Strongly disagree with this. There is no question that FSU makes it with a healthy Travis.

Honestly, this year wouldn’t have been a bad one for the BCS. Give us a Michigan-Washington title game in New Orleans. The only two indisputable teams.

IMO, they got it right with the FSU QB situation.
I don’t agree but we’re talking one opinion vs another.

The real travesty is the injustice to 21 other starters, however many key reserves and a coaching staff for being deprived because of losing 1 starter.

These games and pursuit of championships should be more for and about the participating student athletes and less about the fans.

I added ‘student’ in front of athletes just for fun.

Hail to Pitt "Honestly, this year wouldn’t have been a bad one for the BCS. Give us a Michigan-Washington title game in New Orleans. The only two indisputable teams." -- Really? Don't be surprised if you see an Alabama-Texas rematch in the title game. The best current (key point...CURRENT) two teams in the nation may very well have played in Atlanta yesterday.

Reactions: NCPitt
I don’t agree but we’re talking one opinion vs another.

The real travesty is the injustice to 21 other starters, however many key reserves and a coaching staff for being deprived because of losing 1 starter.

These games and pursuit of championships should be more for and about the participating student athletes and less about the fans.

I added ‘student’ in front of athletes just for fun.
The four best teams, not the four most deserving. If Michigan got to choose, they pick FSU every time because they’d look at it as the easier game.

The four best teams, not the four most deserving. If Michigan got to choose, they pick FSU every time because they’d look at it as the easier game.
Just a difference of opinion again, I heavily lean more to most deserving over best. And also again, reason being it should be about the participant athletes not the fans.

And of course, if it’s about best instead of most deserving, no need to play the games. I’m with ya Booger!!

The 4 best teams would include UGA and not Michigan.

The 4 best teams would include UGA and not Michigan.
That may be your opinion, but literally no one else believes that Michigan isn’t one of the top four teams. If they weren’t one of the 4 best why are they currently favored against Alabama?

Reactions: Burgh15

SOS and their wins against current top 25 teams:

5 Alabama - #5 UGA, #11 Ole Miss, #13 LSU, #21 Tennessee
11 Washington - #8 Oregon (twice), #19 Oregon State
13 Texas - #4 Alabama, #20 Oklahoma State, #25 Kansas State
33 Michigan - #7 Ohio State, #10 Penn State, # 17 Iowa
55 FSU - #13 LSU, #15 Louisville, #22 Clemson
37 UGA - #9 Missouri, #11 Ole Miss, #21 Tennessee

FSU's top-end wins are not significantly different than anyone not named Alabama. The rest of their schedule was pretty weak, though. But that's not been a factor in the selection in prior years.

That may be your opinion, but literally no one else believes that Michigan isn’t one of the top four teams. If they weren’t one of the 4 best why are they currently favored against Alabama?
You answered your own question.

FSU deserves out of the acc, everything they said about this Mickey Mouse conference was right.

Actudlly feel bad for them and their complaints are justified.

Acc is an inferior conference boys, this confirms it. P5 in name only.

FSU deserves out of the acc, everything they said about this Mickey Mouse conference was right.

Again, this isn't even a topic of discussion if Travis is healthy. FSU's problem is everyone saw Rodemaker against Florida and it wasn't a good performance. If he goes 13-20 for 190 yards and 2 TDs instead of what he did, FSU is playing in the semis.

Again, this isn't even a topic of discussion if Travis is healthy. FSU's problem is everyone saw Rodemaker against Florida and it wasn't a good performance. If he goes 13-20 for 190 yards and 2 TDs instead of what he did, FSU is playing in the semis.
Everything in your post is correct. But it ignores the widely-held perception that the ACC is inferior and this decision solidified that perception.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof

You feel bad they played their star QB vs a bad FCS team and then had me and you as backup QBs? Why are FSU's backup QBs so bad? That dude last night threw a pass over the middle that looked like something Jurkovec would throw. They did this to themselves. Only Pitt would do something as stupid as this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT