ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry…another Boeheim thread/question

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Remember when he went off on Andy Katz recently? Andy asked him a simple question in a news conference and Boeheim called him “unloyal” for whatever reason.

Why does Andy Katz have to adhere to some kind of loyalty to Jim Boeheim? He has a job to do. It’s the medias job to ask questions and it’s not their job to be loyal to the people they cover.

I do think the college basketball writer profession is the worst in sports. It’s always seemed like a good ole boys club who look the other way when coaches misbehave. The only time they seem to be critical of a coach is after he’s already been caught. Maybe this is just my perception…

Back to my original question. Anyone know what spurned Boeheims treatment of Andy Katz?

Not sure if he did it again, but that looks like the "disloyal" comment thing was from ten years ago, and involved the Bernie Fine investigation....

Not sure if he did it again, but that looks like the "disloyal" comment thing was from ten years ago, and involved the Bernie Fine investigation....

Maybe it was an old clip I heard. Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT