ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Scuffle update

CaPAPITT76

Freshman
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2001
Wilps & Bonacourssi undefeated into semi-finals pitt 8th in team standings as of now. not a bad showing so far. out of all ACC teams we are now only 1&1/2 points behind Virginia...we should pass them later today!
This post was edited on 1/2 12:15 PM by CaPAPITT76

Great work by Tyler & Nick. Going to be fun watching them perform against the #1 seeds in their class. Will be valuable in their growth going forward.

Panthers are 5-4 overall so far against ACC competition. Nothing spectacular, but Wilps' win over Doty was convincing.

Anthony, ugh. I expected him to be THE guy for the team this year coming off the redshirt and he looks only ordinary to me now. Which is something he never came across as to me before, even during his (massive) freshman year. I'll grant that Petrov kid is pretty good, but him losing to multiple unranked kids stings.

Overall, I'm very optimistic about our freshman. 4 (of 6) freshman will leave with winning records. He has a long way to go, but I think we actually have something with Sheptock. Bright needs a lot of mat work, but he's going to be SO good by the time he's done.

Finishing that much behind Virginia isn't good, but not having your top ranked kid will do that you.

yea, i think all our guys lost in the wrestle backs. Virginia pulling away now. but we are still 10th as of now . Wilps lost to ok st chris perry ranked #2 2-1
This post was edited on 1/2 2:50 PM by CaPAPITT76

Both losses to unranked kids: 7-3 to Tennessee-Chattanooga's 197 pounder, 4-3 loss to Arizona State's 197 pounder. He sustained what looked like a right leg injury in the 2nd loss - probably nothing serious though. He was visibly frustrated towards the end of the 2nd match.

Not a stellar outing for him, but that was a big time tournament. He's got Matt & Nick to practice with & plenty of time, he needs to use those things to his advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT