ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking of QB rooms........Yikes!!!

That's not entirely fair, because the on-screen stats reflect a completion percentage of about 43%, and this doesn't show him complete a single pass.

Last year I saw the writing on the wall for Justin Fields and I traded him for an early 2025 1st round rookie pick. We start 2 QBs so usually the first 3 picks or so will be rookie QBs. At the time, I thought Allar might be the #1 overall pick.

I honestly don't even think he's a 2nd round QB anymore. He's awful. He's going to get taken in the 4th and play 2 games for some tanking team like the Jets and they'll bench him for a random 7th rounder from Western Kentucky.

I really thought Allar was going to be a stud.

But, I watch all the PSU games and I have been saying he looks like Phil Jurkovich since the midway point of last year.

Its bizarre.

Yeah well many of those passes were as bad as Phil's last year. It almost looks like Allar has a football version of Steve Blass disease.

He just can’t throw the ball downfield.

Last year his average depth of throw was horrible, and it stunted their offense.

Sometimes guys can’t throw the ball down field because they are young and not comfortable with it. But it comes with age. Jaylen Daniels is a perfect example of that.

And sometimes guys don’t throw the ball downfield because they simply are not good at it and never will be. Graham Mertz is a perfect example of that.

It’s probably a little early to say Allar is in the latter group. But that video package and his season last year certainly isn’t doing anything to convince me he’s in the former group.

Interesting.....he pushed out the guy we picked up. Looks like Franklin will be running the ball this year.

Yeah, he blows. I mean it was a windy day, but he still blows. Amazes me that teams like Penn State and Clemson can't/don't go nab a real QB out of the portal. Penn State hasn't had one since McSorley.

Yeah, he blows. I mean it was a windy day, but he still blows. Amazes me that teams like Penn State and Clemson can't/don't go nab a real QB out of the portal. Penn State hasn't had one since McSorley.
I've been 'fearing' that for years, that PSU would go get a big-time transfer QB. Some years that is all they needed to get in the playoff, they've had some very talented supporting casts. Glad none of them seem to want go there (and I guess nowadays glad PSU is not paying the NIL to get them there).

Their Oline isn't very good as well. Look like a NY subway turnstile.

Most PSU fans I know are expecting Beau Pribula to be the better long-term solution. He’s compared to McSorley in a lot of ways.

Don't worry they will be top 12 preseason. Like clockwork. Then they play nobody non conf then rise until they lose to Mich (replaced this year with USC) and OSU later in the season... dropping to Top 12 playoff spot confirmed.

Allar is horrific. But they have so much talent it doesnt matter. 10-2 and a CFB bid just for showing up

Yep. They're like us in 2022. We didn't have a QB, but we had a lot more talent than most teams on our schedule, which was enough to win ugly. I mean we only won 8, but we should have won at least 10.

So the kid that couldn't beat out Allar was good enough to get starts at Pitt. A lot of short memories in here.

Holy crap was that bad. Jurkovec-level bad. Maybe even worse. I thought this with Jurkovec and when you see something like that it makes you wonder if the QB is shaving points. Obviously the PSU SG isnt on the books so he wasnt shaving points but if I'm a PSU fan, it would make me feel better if he was. That was very tough to watch as the tweeter said. Wow. Luckily, they have already clinched the CFP bid due to their immense amount of talent and weak scheduling.

I really thought Allar was going to be a stud.

But, I watch all the PSU games and I have been saying he looks like Phil Jurkovich since the midway point of last year.

Its bizarre.
Same here. I saw him in HS, saw him at QB camps. Was certain he was going to be a star. Not sure what happened. I know he was a "system" guy in HS. But he had the raw talent beyond just running a system. The only thing I can come up with is that PSU messed with him and is destroying his confidence. Really poor development. I can't believe he hasn't gone into the portal, but then again, which P5 school is going to give him the opportunity to play that he gets at PSU. But at some point, he needs to think about his future. And staying at PSU means his future is Christian Hackenberg.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
Same here. I saw him in HS, saw him at QB camps. Was certain he was going to be a star. Not sure what happened. I know he was a "system" guy in HS. But he had the raw talent beyond just running a system. The only thing I can come up with is that PSU messed with him and is destroying his confidence. Really poor development. I can't believe he hasn't gone into the portal, but then again, which P5 school is going to give him the opportunity to play that he gets at PSU. But at some point, he needs to think about his future. And staying at PSU means his future is Christian Hackenberg.
I just don't get how QB's can be all starry eyed being recruited by Penn State? They have ruined more QB's than USC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT