Pens

PittPharm2002

Heisman Candidate
Dec 21, 2021
Yikes, getting blown off the ice- despite Jarry standing on his head for awhile

Seems a shakeup is needed .
Puck possession is just terrible , almost as bad as the power play

Reactions: Blue Goose
Fortunately the second period is much better. But my goodness is Jeff Carter bad. I’m actually embarrassed for him. Surely they can make it work to not have to play him. You’d think he would want to fake an injury just to avoid the embarrassment.

Fortunately the second period is much better. But my goodness is Jeff Carter bad. I’m actually embarrassed for him. Surely they can make it work to not have to play him. You’d think he would want to fake an injury just to avoid the embarrassment.
Haha!! Jeff Carter scores to give the Pens the lead. 😊

Reactions: USN_Panther
That was the Penguins first ever ? Didn't know that.
Some people think Marc Andre Fleury is still playing because he wants one soo bad. Lol.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Carter was pretty awful last year, but he’s been alright this year actually. Playing well on the 4th line and the more limited role seems to be benefiting him.

Jarry now has 2 professional goals (he had one in the AHL). Alex Nedelkovic, the backup, has 3 professional goals, including one that he scored a few weeks ago in the AHL. Lethal snipers in the Pens net!

Reactions: USN_Panther
The good news is Jarry is getting close to playing at the level you need to win in the playoffs

Malkin and Tanger are still way too loose with the puck.

Need to make a trade as Rakell has been a bust. Would be good if you could trade Rakell and dump Carters Salary.

Another 3rd period blown lead. Losing in the shootout after failing the entire game on the PP

When you have Karlsson, Malkin, Guentzel, Rust and Sid on a PP unit and you go 2 weeks without a goal that’s clearly a structural issue.

Karlsson and Malkin have zero chemistry and that’s also a big killer.

When you have Karlsson, Malkin, Guentzel, Rust and Sid on a PP unit and you go 2 weeks without a goal that’s clearly a structural issue.

Karlsson and Malkin have zero chemistry and that’s also a big killer.
Or is it that Malkin is not a very good player any longer. Dude is a turnover machine. The pens still try to make the perfect play rather than getting good shots on goal.

Or is it that Malkin is not a very good player any longer. Dude is a turnover machine. The pens still try to make the perfect play rather than getting good shots on goal.

It is becoming more and more obvious that they need to get him off the number one power play.

He’s been a huge disappointment so far.
karlson is like Letang. He’s a freaking turnover machine. This team won’t make the playoffs. Still obsessed with making the pretty passes rather than shooting the puck and ultimately leads to turnovers.

I’ve been a huge Sully fan but it’s clear his shelf life has expired with this team.

karlson is like Letang. He’s a freaking turnover machine. This team won’t make the playoffs. Still obsessed with making the pretty passes rather than shooting the puck and ultimately leads to turnovers.

I’ve been a huge Sully fan but it’s clear his shelf life has expired with this team.
Maybe by the trade deadline the Pens can get a couple more 30 something veterans for some more high end draft picks. Those new veterans can get them closer to a playoff appearence and a first round exit while once again the future prospect pool shrinks some more.

Their SC window has closed. Time to offload assests like the Rags did a few years ago. Load up on future draft picks and prospects. Finish at the bottom for a couple years and add those top 5 picks to go with them. They have done that before.

Time for Sully and his antiquated system to go too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
I had my head basically chewed off for having the nerve to say we should take a wait and see attitude on our proclaimed by a few, "great hire" over the summer before we make that judgement.
Again I'll say, I'll give him a chance to fix it or run it into the ground before I pass judgment.
I wasn't one of the people running my mouth on here about it being a great hire before the paint was dry on his office walls.So I'm not going to play the same game. I'm still hoping he is because I love the Pens. Clock is ticking obviously.
If he's a great hire,he's 25 games in so he can use the remainder of the time to prove it and fix it. If he doesn't, the faith in his boy wonder analytics signings,etc., meant nothing this off season at least.

Last edited:
I just can’t believe we still aren’t sending bodies to front the net on the power play
It’s all just perimeter

Reactions: ONGB
I just can’t believe we still aren’t sending bodies to front the net on the power play
It’s all just perimeter

You would've been proud of me when I played lol. I was the biggest A hole you can imagine trying to move from out front of the net.
The Pens size and Sullivans style aren't really made to be in there taking a beating. They want to beat you on the rush every play.
The second comings of Stevens and Tocchet would be nice but you don't need to be all that.

You just can't be afraid to take a beating. Right now I don't see that in the system. Maybe one of these hurt guys can be that but those type of guys obviously aren't very plentiful and right now the Pens aren't dealing from a place of strength. Other GMs aren't dumb. They know Dubas has pressure to try to fix this team in a hurry.

I had my head basically chewed off for having the nerve to say we should take a wait and see attitude on our proclaimed by a few, "great hire" over the summer before we make that judgement.
Again I'll say, I'll give him a chance to fix it or run it into the ground before I pass judgment.
I wasn't one of the people running my mouth on here about it being a great hire before the paint was dry on his office walls.So I'm not going to play the same game. I'm still hoping he is because I love the Pens. Clock is ticking obviously.
If he's a great hire,he's 25 games in so he can use the remainder of the time to prove it and fix it. If he doesn't, the faith in his boy wonder analytics signings,etc., meant nothing this off season at least.

Yeah, it's absolutely unbelievable that the "great hire" couldn't fix the hole this team has been digging for the past half a decade in just one summer.

Reactions: pittbb80
Yeah, it's absolutely unbelievable that the "great hire" couldn't fix the hole this team has been digging for the past half a decade in just one summer.

Lol. Clearly you can't see that I am STILL taking a wait and see attitude. Some people just can't help themselves I guess.
Thanks for proving my point.

Is reading comprehension really that hard ?

"Again I'll say, I'll give him a chance to fix it or run it into the ground before I pass judgment."

Lol. Clearly you can't see that I am STILL taking a wait and see attitude. Some people just can't help themselves I guess.
Thanks for proving my point.

Is reading comprehension really that hard ?

"Again I'll say, I'll give him a chance to fix it or run it into the ground before I pass judgment."

Anyone with any amount of reading comprehension got the point of your post.

Anyone with any amount of reading comprehension got the point of your post.

Clearly you didn't.
You immediately jumped to the conclusion I meant he should've had it fixed over the summer.

That's the difference between the meaning of I'll give him a chance and I gave him a chance.

Clearly you didn't.
You immediately jumped to the conclusion I meant he should've had it fixed over the summer.

That's what ""Again I'll say, I'll give him a chance to fix it or run it into the ground before I pass judgment."

That's the difference between "I'll give" and "I gave"

Your post said "I told you so" in everything other than the actual words.

• Haha
Reactions: ONGB
Your post said "I told you so" in everything other than the actual words.

Umm,no.
I'm not going to attempt to make a declarative statement whether it was a good hire or not this early in the process. That would be foolish.
I'm not enough of an idiot to say I told you so 1/4 of the way through anything. Let alone his first season.

I've been around too long to paint myself into a corner this soon. If someone wants to say
I told you so there needs to be some sort of finality to be right or wrong and not look foolish. That's something that should be learned when in grade school.

What if they win the Cup in the next year or 2 ? I'll promise you no one will be saying I told you so to me no matter what he does.
I have no idea what the future might hold or what moves he might make.

That's why I said "I'll give him a chance to fix it" and why I didn't say "I gave him a chance to fix it" and purposefully didn't put any sort of time frame on it.

Right now they're 2 wins behind where they were last year after 25 games. To me that's not very significant IF they don't fall too far back and can go on a solid run and/or can make any solid moves and the team starts playing every night like they're trying to save their coaches job (I don't think Sullivan is going anywhere. The players probably don't think so either which might be part of the issue). But that's a ton of ifs

I don't think it's unreasonable with all the moves he made to expect some improvement of some sort by the end of the season. Im thinking that's at the minimum what FSG is expecting or there would have been no point in keeping the guys they did imo or trading for Karlsson.

I cant imagine their mindset was don't care about the turnaround length even tho the cupboard is bare and these guys are already pushing 40.
If they were pushing 30 that might make more sense.

Of course right now at this point it doesn't seem like anything he's done has worked very well. That's just being real.

They have 11 teams to leap frog.
The good news is they are only 12 points behind the Conference leader.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT