ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game

Weather report so far is a lot better than it was for The Hoopies. Obviously God loves us more than he loves WVU.

Are they drafting teams again? I haven't heard about this year's set up.

Are they drafting teams again? I haven't heard about this year's set up.
Yes. The seniors will be divided by Narduzzi and then the seniors will draft the underclassmen. That draft takes place today.

I like it to be like a real game, when Wanny had the offense vs. defense thing, I hated that. But I remember Wanny got it on TV.

Reactions: WiseAndGlorious
It's so JV to not have your spring game televised anywhere, at least locally and streamed in Watch ESPN

B1G and SEC have all their spring games on, some on tape delay, see them in the listings for the networks they have. Too bad ACC can't do it. Or won't. But I wouldn't watch any of them, but the Pitt game.

Reactions: richmin3
It was a geat game (read: no injuries).

Wirginis is tremendous.

All respect to Briggs. Folks moaned when he committed and some thought he was here to bring the GPA up and put in spot duty on ST. He's worked hard and made himself into a player.

I enjoyed seeing Flowers step up.

Pickett is for real (too bad our receivers were so sloppy).

I'm mildly worried about our punter.

It was a geat game (read: no injuries).

Wirginis is tremendous.

All respect to Briggs. Folks moaned when he committed and some thought he was here to bring the GPA up and put in spot duty on ST. He's worked hard and made himself into a player.

I enjoyed seeing Flowers step up.

Pickett is for real (too bad our receivers were so sloppy).

I'm mildly worried about our punter.

Pretty good summary and I agree with all these points. AJ Davis had some powerful interior runs despite the lack of holes in the line. The d-line overpowered the divided up o-line squads, but tough to tell much without the complete 1st crew on the same side. The striking thing about Pickett was the velocity on some of his throws. He is going to be breaking his share of WR fingers in his career.

On a side note, Maddox looked absolutely ripped and in tremendous condition standing on the sidelines. I suspect he carves out a decent career at the next level.

Reactions: sonofabit
Yeah, every pass was a laser. I saw only 2 bad passes from him including the pick.

Davis showed incredible balance. He was tough to get on the ground.

I had an old DB sitting behind me. He seemed real impressed with our DB technique.

Not only was the OL mismatched but the starters Bookser and Herndon sat for most of the 2nd "half".

I imagine that the D has a huge advantage in these games because they've been seeing the whole playbook for the past month. It looked to me that every time the O lined up, that the D was easily getting lined up to counter.

I forgot Jones, who put on some weight and still looked very quick. Maybe our tackles were too slow though.

Agreed I'm not taking the lack of offense as a bad sign. Without a full geled o line. And the fact they called non contact sacks which least a handful in a regular game could have been broken by Pickett wasn't a bad performance from the guys we expected to start. Pat Jones on the end looks quick off the ball and he will be getting a lot of reps. If Hendrix doesn't produce he won't be starting. Wirginis was making plays the defense looked heavy blitz, linebackers right up in the holes of the d-line for most the scrimmage which shows we will be more aggressive this year in rushing the QB. Pickett sure has an arm, the one play he was on the run and twisted his body and threw the ball to Ffrench which hit him right in the face mask jerked his head back on contact. was impressive from throwing on the run. Wish it was a catch though. Biggest hole im worried about as stated above..the punter. Really only had one impressive punt the entire game. Then again knowing he wouldn't be rushed fully and there would be no return regardless who knows how much full effort he was putting into it. Other than that. Loved being out in the sun enjoying the day at Heinz. Now to wait till Sept.

For those that attended........How did Paris Ford look?

Can you provide more color on the RBs, TEs, and WRs?

Was Mack as impressive as indicated during preseason?

How much did guys like Nunn and bright play?

THanks

I didn't see any numbers for the TE's. Did they stay in as blockers all day, or did they never get open. I don't live close so I couldn't make the game.

It is hard to assess if the Oline was that bad or if the Dline is that improved, but the Dline pushed around the Oline all day on both sides.

Based on last years performance, I suspect the Oline is going to be a huge problem.

Receivers looked fair... I agree Wirginis looked like a legit LB. Maybe the best we have seen in awhile at Pitt, sorely needed if so. I thought all the Dbacks looked good. All defense on both sides looked good honestly. Hopefully it was the thin Oline, and all the injuries to WR, TE and RB that made the difference.

Pretty good summary and I agree with all these points. AJ Davis had some powerful interior runs despite the lack of holes in the line. The d-line overpowered the divided up o-line squads, but tough to tell much without the complete 1st crew on the same side. The striking thing about Pickett was the velocity on some of his throws. He is going to be breaking his share of WR fingers in his career.

On a side note, Maddox looked absolutely ripped and in tremendous condition standing on the sidelines. I suspect he carves out a decent career at the next level.

Because he is ripped???

For those that attended........How did Paris Ford look?

Can you provide more color on the RBs, TEs, and WRs?

Was Mack as impressive as indicated during preseason?

How much did guys like Nunn and bright play?

THanks

RBs, WRs, and TEs looked as bad as I feared. I realize this Spring game has mismatched teams but I am very concerned about our offense. Kenny Football is good but he isn't Johnny Football. The OL is a question mark. Hall/Ollison/Davis are ordinary RBs. The TEs and WRs, I don't want to say anything mean but dude.

Reactions: HunterHemsley
RBs, WRs, and TEs looked as bad as I feared. I realize this Spring game has mismatched teams but I am very concerned about our offense. Kenny Football is good but he isn't Johnny Football. The OL is a question mark. Hall/Ollison/Davis are ordinary RBs. The TEs and WRs, I don't want to say anything mean but dude.

Ollison and 5 WRs missed the game

Reactions: omega and Chad40301
Only one target for the TE's that I can recall, a scramble drill to Reeves by Pickett that was dropped. I was a bit disappointed.

Mack had a drop and a nice catch on a shallow post. Lots of drops by the WR's and RB's. Flowers was the best by far. He showed some nice timing with Pickett.

There were no returns so Ford didn't have much of a stage. He did have a sweep on O for a short gsin that I think was called back by a penalty.

Nunn was as adverized. He arrived at the ball quickly and put the ball carrier down with authority every time. Our LB's seemed to be all over the LOS.

Ollison and 5 WRs missed the game

I think Kenny is going to have to be All-ACCish for this team to go 7-5. We are going to need a whole lot out of him because this offense may be historically bad.

We finally have LBs with some experience, some athleticism, and some depth. The DL has been rebuilt and should be able to hold it's own. The secondary is full of athletes and depth.

The defense should be much improved. You started to see it coming together last year.

The only thing more JV than not having it televised is whining about it not being televised.
Maybe next year they can wheel you out of the Scrabble game at the old folks home to watch reruns of Father Knows Best.

What does this even mean?????? I'm far from an old folks home, never played Scrabble, don't know what Father Knows Best is, and I'm not whining, just pointing out in 2018 it's ridiculous that it's not even being streamed.a

One of the most bizarre posts I've ever read on here

It was a spring scrimmage. The offense will be better than last year.

I hope you're right - I however have zero confidence in Watson. None whatsoever. No creativity. Everything is played 12 yards and in...and no, I'm not just going by the spring game, but if you were there today, you were sleeping by the third series. I sat right next to where they put the recruits and their families...it wasn't a good look.

Do you have a contract with the Panther-Lair that requires you to make at least one epically stupid post per day or do you just do that for free?

I think Kenny is going to have to be All-ACCish for this team to go 7-5. We are going to need a whole lot out of him because this offense may be historically bad.

What does this even mean?????? I'm far from an old folks home, never played Scrabble, don't know what Father Knows Best is, and I'm not whining, just pointing out in 2018 it's ridiculous that it's not even being streamed.a

One of the most bizarre posts I've ever read on here
If you have to use 6 question marks, then you're boyond hope.

ADVERTISEMENT