ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game

Just some perspective on the offense in the spring game

Id be more worried if the offense lit the defense up at this point. The offense is plain vanilla and with the squads mixed up there is no continuity. The defense has a huge advantage of pretty much knowing what’s coming. Offense requires chemistry and since they’ve been juggling guys to begin seeing who can play the offense simply was not going to look very good. It’s very encouraging that the D looked strong from reports which is a change from prior years

Duzz has a habit of being very secretive on letting people know what they are doing. So you were not going to see anything that would impress you.

The drops are a bit of a concern but I think that can be corrected over the summer.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
When Pickett was our QB, he saw the field at all 3 levels and delivered passes to the middle of the field very effectively as he did yesterday as well. Remember how effective RaRa was? If a young TE develops, that would help immensely.

Did anyone else think of Eric Green when they saw Reeves? Man, I hope he turns into something! That one drop was a toughie because he was just beginning to make a move to the sideline to help out his scrambling QB when Kenny rifled a dart at him. Thus, the pass was a bit behind him and had some heat on it.

As I've shared, Flowers looks like a solid possession-type WR. He didn't appear fast enough to stretch the D though. Do we have that Deep threat? Smith got behind the D better than anyone yesterday. Butler-Jenkins got rave reviews last season but has been shelved this spring as a precaution for some reason. Ffrench has the speed but looks like another Henderson, electrifying athlete with ball but can't get open. Tipton and RaRa are more possesion-types.

I think our running game will be better than its been in a long time.

It sounds like we will have to depend on the D a lot this year, and we will have a series of box scores that look like Pitt 7 VS ____ 3

The good news is that this was a scrimmage with 1's and 2's all mixed in, so we really can't predict a whole lot about how our 1's will do against other teams.

What does this even mean?????? I'm far from an old folks home, never played Scrabble, don't know what Father Knows Best is, and I'm not whining, just pointing out in 2018 it's ridiculous that it's not even being streamed.a

One of the most bizarre posts I've ever read on here

Agree, but interview with Dabo Sweeney reveals he watches all spring game to glean info about formations and personnel

I hope you're right - I however have zero confidence in Watson. None whatsoever. No creativity. Everything is played 12 yards and in...and no, I'm not just going by the spring game, but if you were there today, you were sleeping by the third series. I sat right next to where they put the recruits and their families...it wasn't a good look.

Canada’s offense set school records two years ago. So you remember how that offense looked in the BG game earlier that year? I do and it was nothing too exciting. Here are two recaps if you don’t.
https://pittnews.com/article/107242/sports/blue-team-defeated-gold-19-17-pitt-spring-game/

http://triblive.com/sports/college/pitt/10128044-74/blue-yard-game

Reeves and Carrigan. Those two drank thier milk and ate there greens without any fuss at the dinner table. Both just 15 pounds from 300 and had some nice agility to them. If one of them catch a ball downfield I pray for corner or safety.

need Mack to be eligible
even hope Clark returns
need Shockey, Sallahuddin to play

I hope you're right - I however have zero confidence in Watson. None whatsoever. No creativity. Everything is played 12 yards and in...and no, I'm not just going by the spring game, but if you were there today, you were sleeping by the third series. I sat right next to where they put the recruits and their families...it wasn't a good look.

They played a majority of the year with no QB. When they had one at the end, should have beaten VT and did beat Miami. You can't break up a thin OL (that doesn't even have their starting LT on campus yet) into two squads and expect them to play well.

Need to replace O'Neill. The other guys lost on the OL shouldn't be difficult to replace. WR will work itself out, it's not like Weah and Henderson were anything special.

Didn't have an opportunity to watch the game but I suspect from listening to Narduzzi's post-game interview next year he will leave the o lines intact. I think the O-Line should be split 1s & 2s then they can rotate squads during timeouts.

Didn't have an opportunity to watch the game but I suspect from listening to Narduzzi's post-game interview next year he will leave the o lines intact. I think the O-Line should be split 1s & 2s then they can rotate squads during timeouts.

Anyone see one of our crew get smacked into the bench...

Yeah, the chain guy really got shoved back into that bench hard! He seemed ok though. Hope he was ok this morning. Sometimes it takes a nights sleep for something like that to really flare up! A staff member got drilled on the other sideline on the next play.

I was kinda worried for those students that they let on the field. Must've been cool to listen in on the huddles and be that close. The way our D was dominating, they would've been safer had they been allowed to stand around in the defensive backfield.

I think Kenny is going to have to be All-ACCish for this team to go 7-5. We are going to need a whole lot out of him because this offense may be historically bad.
LOL. If you came to this conclusion after today give me a break. Not the full team and it was PITT vs PITT.

I came to that conclusion before today when I look at who we have on offense. The scrimmage just affirmed the fact that we have no playmakers at all. Offensive recruiting has been real bad

Reactions: HunterHemsley
I came to that conclusion before today when I look at who we have on offense. The scrimmage just affirmed the fact that we have no playmakers at all. Offensive recruiting has been real bad
I concluded that we're running a naked bootleg first play of the first game for a touchdown.

If you have to use 6 question marks, then you're boyond hope.

Lmfao. Is that best you got??????? Wow, I thought your initial response was weak, but somehow you topped it. And just curious, using 6 question marks is bad but spelling beyond, boyond is good???????

I concluded that we're running a naked bootleg first play of the first game for a touchdown.

I hope so!
This thread is so boring it deserves this!
I loved playing two hand touch against our sister sorority in college??
Shirts & skins ???
Now this is a Spring game.

lingerie_football_league.jpg

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Reactions: Kenny Football
Yeah, the chain guy really got shoved back into that bench hard! He seemed ok though. Hope he was ok this morning. Sometimes it takes a nights sleep for something like that to really flare up! A staff member got drilled on the other sideline on the next play.

I was kinda worried for those students that they let on the field. Must've been cool to listen in on the huddles and be that close. The way our D was dominating, they would've been safer had they been allowed to stand around in the defensive backfield.

he's good.. we are the toughest around... :)

Reactions: HOF Coach
The promise of a dry, sunny Saturday after an endless winter kept me at home working in the yard. Ever since I watched Kieran Scanlon light up the skies over Pitt Stadium one fine April night -- never to be heard from again -- I put little stock in the spring game. The broadcast on 937 was a nice series of interviews. If the team survived with no major injuries, that's a good day's work. Bring on Albany.

Reactions: Swervin27
I agree at least with the WR. The RB's and TE's have been pretty highly rated guys and picket looks like a keeper.

I stand by my comment about God loving us more than he loves the Hoopies since they had to cancel their Spring Game. Now we can hope the crappy weather comes around Saturday for the Nitters. Shoot, looks like they are forecasted for a high of 54 degrees Saturday.

I stand by my comment about God loving us more than he loves the Hoopies since they had to cancel their Spring Game. Now we can hope the crappy weather comes around Saturday for the Nitters. Shoot, looks like they are forecasted for a high of 54 degrees Saturday.

good one, at first I thought you were serious.

This is why I cant stand this site sometimes. I come on here for comments on the spring game (which I enjoy hearing about things I may have missed and other posters opinions) and dbags like you cant help yourself to post about WVU & PSU. Pitt spring game thread, can we please leave it at that?

This is why I cant stand this site sometimes. I come on here for comments on the spring game (which I enjoy hearing about things I may have missed and other posters opinions) and dbags like you cant help yourself to post about WVU & PSU. Pitt spring game thread, can we please leave it at that?

Lighten up Francis.

We had our Spring Game. It was terrific. The crowd was decent and I enjoyed our little tailgate. The weather was great and there is nothing wrong with hoping the Nitters have their game crapped on with weather.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT