ADVERTISEMENT

Spring games are either 80 and straight 🌞 or 40 and 🌧

I just can't with Spring games. Did them for a while, but they're just so awful, regardless of the weather. Only one I wish I had gone to was the one at Highmark. They should have them at venues like that. Filling up 12% of Heinzisure is silly.

I just can't with Spring games. Did them for a while, but they're just so awful, regardless of the weather. Only one I wish I had gone to was the one at Highmark. They should have them at venues like that. Filling up 12% of Heinzisure is silly.
Heinzisure? Is that one of their new combination products where they mix Ketchup with Ensure Protein drink?

• Haha
Reactions: FreeportPanther

Yea they are really boring but what are you going to do? Schedule another opponent like I've said for years? Every other sport plays other teams in the off-season. Eventually football will. Would be more interesting than bowl games. Even with many folks sitting out, PSU at Pitt this weekend sells out Acrisure.

Yea they are really boring but what are you going to do? Schedule another opponent like I've said for years? Every other sport plays other teams in the off-season. Eventually football will. Would be more interesting than bowl games. Even with many folks sitting out, PSU at Pitt this weekend sells out Acrisure.

Anything they do in April is all but meaningless when the season begins at the end of August. But yeah - it would certainly be more entertaining if they played an FCS team this week and then didn't allow FBS teams to schedule FCS teams in the regular season.

Reactions: NKSplitter
The problem with that is PSU draws 10s of thousands for their Spring game, so can't imagine them every other year forgoing hosting a spring game and not keeping concession sales for themselves. Could work if every team played a home and an away scrimmage every spring.

The problem with that is PSU draws 10s of thousands for their Spring game, so can't imagine them every other year forgoing hosting a spring game and not keeping concession sales for themselves. Could work if every team played a home and an away scrimmage every spring.

Maybe 1 real Spring Game and 1 game vs another opponent with the rule that it has to be a home and home so that all teams can benefit from a home game. Its pretty unbelievable that college football is leaving all this money on the table. Imagine if ND played Michigan tomorrow? Or FSU vs Bama? Clemson vs Tennessee? The ESPN ratings would be incredible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT