ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium Music

the_insider_

Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2018
Talked about this with some friends recently that go to games…

Pitt needs to get better in game music at Heinz/Acrisure.

1. Ditch ’Thunderatruck’. I feel like it’s a cheap, amateur rip off of VT. BRING BACK ‘SIRUIS’ when they come out!!!!

2. Bring back ‘Run Wild’ before kick offs from a few years ago.

3. Hot take: keep ‘Sweet Caroline’

4. ND had great music at their game. I hate ND but they had a great variety of music. Need something better like that.

Talked about this with some friends recently that go to games…

Pitt needs to get better in game music at Heinz/Acrisure.

1. Ditch ’Thunderatruck’. I feel like it’s a cheap, amateur rip off of VT. BRING BACK ‘SIRUIS’ when they come out!!!!

2. Bring back ‘Run Wild’ before kick offs from a few years ago.

3. Hot take: keep ‘Sweet Caroline’

4. ND had great music at their game. I hate ND but they had a great variety of music. Need something better like that.
First of all anything by AC/DC is never a a amateur rip off of anything. It's awesome. Secondly you lose all credibility when you say keep sweet Caroline. Sweet Caroline is hot garbage. I mean every team in the country uses it. If anything is a cheap rip off, it's sweet Caroline.

First of all anything by AC/DC is never a an amateur rip off of anything. It's awesome. Secondly you lose all credibility when you say keep sweet Caroline. Sweet Caroline is hot garbage. I mean every team in the country uses it. If anything is a cheap rip off, it's sweet Caroline.
First of all, if anything, you’re a loser.

I listen to AC/DC before every hockey game growing up and still do before men’s league.

Sweet Caroline is one thing that actually makes people stand up. Move along.

It’s a pro sports production instead of a college atmosphere and I agree it’s pretty lame

Reactions: MIXED_PANTHER#1
First of all, if anything, you’re a loser.

I listen to AC/DC before every hockey game growing up and still do before men’s league.

Sweet Caroline is one thing that actually makes people stand up. Move along.
Name calling because someone disagrees with you. Tell me your a douche bag without saying you're a douche bag. Pathetic.

The perfect song for us to get ready to welcome the team on to the field is The Oakland Originals by Wiz, It's ours, Wiz is Pittsburgh and the video is customizable to the season. Then have the band play, H2P, the Victory Song, the Panther song. etc. to bring the team on to the field.
While they do play it occasionally, I think that Party on 5th Ave should be figured into the playlist more strategically. These are our songs, not any other school or team, but Pittsburgh.
And FFS, just stop with the Seven Nations Army which is probably the most overused sports song ever.
I do like Mr. Brightside, but I can let it go, maybe.

Thunderstruck blows. How hard is it for Pitt to just send out a mailer to every season ticket holder with a list of entrance songs and let us vote?
We have about 20 in our group. Maybe 3 would mail it back in. What is the point of that?

So anyone who listens to rock music is borderline racist? I just dont get your angle here lol i dont like the music either but your perspective is pretty weird to say the least.
No

That is NOT what I'm saying lol

Just know the musics ass

The speakers system in that craphole is horrible.

aC/DC is good, thunderstruck is a lame intro.

Pick a Mac Miller song to intro with and pay Wiz a million to rewrite and record blue and yellow to replace Sweet Caroline.

Done.
The sound system is 100% trash. That has been a gripe of mine on every ticket holder survey they have sent out. It needs to be addressed.

I’m in my early 40s so I can get behind a lot of the old school and newer music but I totally agree that the music selection is bad. I don’t care if I like the music or not, it just needs to fit and add atmosphere. Most newer pop/rap music (insert old man yelling at clouds gif) is mostly terrible but if it gets the players and the fans going I’m all for it.

Reactions: bmz32
No

That is NOT what I'm saying lol

Just know the musics ass
It is what youre saying lol. What else would you be implying. Youre saying the people who like ACDC are racist... Like what are you talking about. I think its trash too. But some people like it and race has nothing to do with it jc.

• Haha
It is what youre saying lol. What else would you be implying. Youre saying the people who like ACDC are racist... Like what are you talking about. I think its trash too. But some people like it and race has nothing to do with it jc.
Again that's NOT what I'm saying

People who like the music at the stadium think it's hip & it's NOT

It's really bad

Especially the rap music

All.the songs regardless of genre are also played at wierd times n always feel outa place

But again NOT calling anyone racist

I've called folks racist on the board before n would if need be but that is NOT what I'm doing

You just didnt understand what I was saying and that's OK

I have ZERO reason to lie cause as someone who encounters ALOT of racism I have zero problem calling it out

So again

I

Am

NOT

saying

That

Reactions: Chaos
I googled "stadium music" and this was the first result of my search: 👇 👇

rhq4biotLkkRG.webp

@MIXED_PANTHER#1 was right!

I don't think liking AC/DC is racist. It's quite a bit satanic, but not racist.

Suggesting that the music at Pitt games should be mostly white, with a team that's mostly black, while suggesting it veer towards boomer and Xer heavy metal, for a student body that's Gen Z, is racially and generationally tone deaf. I dislike most of the music played during the game, but I'm a cusp boomer and Xer, so I don't expect the music to cater to me.

Meanwhile, going to the Penguins game is like going to a temple for all-white, never anything else but white, music.

Suggesting that the music at Pitt games should be mostly white, with a team that's mostly black, while suggesting it veer towards boomer and Xer heavy metal, for a student body that's Gen Z, is racially and generationally tone deaf. I dislike most of the music played during the game, but I'm a cusp boomer and Xer, so I don't expect the music to cater to me.

Meanwhile, going to the Penguins game is like going to a temple for all-white, never anything else but white, music.
It's not the genres that suck for.me

It's the song selection and when said songs are played

That's drives me nuts

You could.play songs by behtoven at the right time in games and I'd be pumped

The songs they play now are stale n most are just horrible over all

Even though it was cold as shii n the game was MISERABLE the music up at Syracuse stadium was great n they played all kinds of genres

Our music for PITT games n steelers games are just lame

Pitt doesn't do a good job, but I thought ND's music was one of the worst. They have one of the most famous bands and fight songs and played Tik Tok music and weird 90s electronica type stuff.

I get that it can't all be marching band music, but most of the PA system music was the crap I expect some small Catholic school nerds to think is cool. Similar to Duke students loving Everytime We Touch.

Also bad was Georgia Tech. They try to brand themselves as Atlanta's school - like the capital of rap music. And the in stadium music was like 70% bad pop country.

It's not the genres that suck for.me

It's the song selection and when said songs are played

That's drives me nuts

You could.play songs by behtoven at the right time in games and I'd be pumped

The songs they play now are stale n most are just horrible over all

Even though it was cold as shii n the game was MISERABLE the music up at Syracuse stadium was great n they played all kinds of genres

Our music for PITT games n steelers games are just lame
Did someone say "Beethoven"?

Whats funny is that I do believe I know the DJ. If I told him that y'all wanted Wiz and Mac, he'd be pumped and agree with you. I also think he'd say that its a corporate gig and that the client had "expectations" or something like that

What music is iconic to Pittsburgh? I haven't lived there for a while, so what is big locally currently with regional and national recognition?
Don't say Donny Iris.

The music doesn't have to be from a certain generation or associated with a certain race, it just has to fire up the crowd. I was shocked the first time I saw a bunch of kids get fired up when they played a Toto song.

Give the next generations some credit that they might not want to put everything into a color-coded box.

What music is iconic to Pittsburgh? I haven't lived there for a while, so what is big locally currently with regional and national recognition?
Don't say Donny Iris.
Cotton Eye Joe

Last edited:
I've been saying this for years.... It's got a local flair, will get everyone up and bouncing, it's original - no one else is playing it.
Should play Party on 5th Ave between 3rd and 4th quarter
It seems like that would be the obvious thing to do. Not sure why it hasn't happened yet. Put Sweet Caroline b/w 1st and 2nd quarter

I'm friends with a Law professor at Pitt who is a big time Pitt fan. He is friends with people in Donnie Iris' band, and he emailed the person at Pitt that is responsible for game day related activities, saying that Donnie Iris would be receptive to doing a Pitt related song. Could be "Love Is Like A Rock"...maybe change it to "Pitt is Like a Roc" or whatever...

Thing is...the guy never even responded to multiple emails sent to the guy. I've seen the emails. Ridiculousness.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT