ADVERTISEMENT

Stallings: $2.5 mil/yr, next coach makes???

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
If Gallagher allowed a WAY WAY WAY above market value contract for Kevin Stallings, might that be a good thing in that it at least shows a financial commitment?

If he allowed that, shouldn't he approve of a larger contract for an actual good coach especially considering a lot of this is his fault?

If Gallagher allowed a WAY WAY WAY above market value contract for Kevin Stallings, might that be a good thing in that it at least shows a financial commitment?

If he allowed that, shouldn't he approve of a larger contract for an actual good coach especially considering a lot of this is his fault?
I have wondered about that. Gallagher was either totally absent in the process or owed Barnes something. It was a horrible deal from the start. What a waste of income for two years. I'm cheering for Pitt to reduce the buyout.

Depends who you hire... you don't determine a salary in a vacuum

Depends who you hire... you don't determine a salary in a vacuum

Yea but if you give a proven mediocre coach who the fanbase hates $2.5 million, shouldn't you pay a proven good coach like Mick Cronin $3.5 million per?

I think either two things happen. Either Gallagher allows his ADs to pretty much do whatever and will sign off on anything, which would be great because I think heather would get the best candidate possible.

Or...... Gallagher originally had that mindset, then Barnes ruined it for everyone. Hopefully after this mess he doesn't become too cautious in paying big bucks for a new coach.

-Gallagher is braindead when it comes to sports, that is what it shows. His authorization, approval, and signature for anything sports related at Pitt should be permanently revoked. The fact he let Todd Turner anywhere around Pitt should revoke anything he says in regards to sports. Epic fail to the 100th degree, he just hit the reset button on Pitt basketball.

I think either two things happen. Either Gallagher allows his ADs to pretty much do whatever and will sign off on anything, which would be great because I think heather would get the best candidate possible.

Or...... Gallagher originally had that mindset, then Barnes ruined it for everyone. Hopefully after this mess he doesn't become too cautious in paying big bucks for a new coach.

I would go with #1. That contract he allowed was outrageous. If I'm Lyke, I try to break the bank and then ask for Pat's signature while he is rewatching his favorite show, Game of Thrones, because he obviously doesn't pag close attention to these matters

Reactions: Pittx9
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT