ADVERTISEMENT

Stallings, Panthers searching for answers to return to past glory (PG Article)

No he doesn't! That would put him at a higher compensation level than Dixon.
He makes between 1.2 and 1.5 mill.

If they paid that mediocore coach 2 mill they should shutdown the University and charge every PITT U officier with Executive Malpractise and Extreme Stupidity In the 1st Degree punishable by common sense law of dismissal and banishment to Kansas or Oklahoma where its flat as a pancake and the wind never stops!!
I understand by the leaders of the site that its beneath Pitt administrators to spend meaningful time managing revenue sports competenty. Apparently this includes the AD because fans, donations, ungrateful, expectations, academic integrity, blah blah...

Because coaches don't typically take pay cuts for lateral moves?

When a person is about to be "canned" sorry fired by Vandy a job/any job isn't a lateral move. It's a wow I have another job? Who's dumb enough to hire me with a six year contract oh its PITT of course.That person is likely to accept the job at its offered compensation. A person in that position isn't in a strong bargining position.

Now if the hiring organization is clueless which is possible in this case and overpays the loser I mean job seeker well that's a topic for a another thread.

From unemployment line to HC of the PITT Panthers that's a lifeline!
If KS had to be lured away from Vandy that would be a lateral or a upgrade job movement.

Last edited:
No he doesn't! That would put him at a higher compensation level than Dixon.
He makes between 1.2 and 1.5 mill.

If they paid that mediocore coach 2 mill they should shutdown the University and charge every PITT U officier with Executive Malpractise and Extreme Stupidity In the 1st Degree punishable by common sense law of dismissal and banishment to Kansas or Oklahoma where its flat as a pancake and the wind never stops!!
Completely incorrect. Dixon was making over $3m.

He was under contract
Do you know what his contract paid him if he was dismissed ? He obviously wanted to work , bet he'd rethink that now !
You assume you know what he's getting paid and I guarantee you he's not getting more than the FB coach whose not making 2 mil . (1.3 base )

Right, and actual total compensation is what matters, not "base pay".
So...
Let's recap...
Over the years Pitt owed dixon money they didn't pay him,,,so they added it to his salary when we got more revenue from television.

To you.. that means he made >$3mil a year- even though about half that was owed salary from previous years ... not actually compensation for that year.

Yes, one of us is looking at total compensation wrong.

So...
Let's recap...
Over the years Pitt owed dixon money they didn't pay him,,,so they added it to his salary when we got more revenue from television.

To you.. that means he made >$3mil a year- even though about half that was owed salary from previous years ... not actually compensation for that year.

Yes, one of us is looking at total compensation wrong.
Except that is about contract structure and his contracts and raises were built that way. It is like saying the Mets didn't really pay Bobby Bonilla much because he had deferred compensation and the in year amounts were lowered by that deferred compensation.

So if there's incentives built into the contract what incentives do you think KS received last yr ?
1.) finding his way to the Pete
2.) winning a conference game
3.) not losing any games by more than 56 points
4.) not being thrown out of more than 1 game
5.) losing less than 20 games in a season
5.) recruiting enough players to practice
6.) ________ ( fill in )

Except that is about contract structure and his contracts and raises were built that way. It is like saying the Mets didn't really pay Bobby Bonilla much because he had deferred compensation and the in year amounts were lowered by that deferred compensation.
Certainly they were.
And it was mutually beneficial to build in escalators and incentives to stay.

That he made about a million in total compensation less his last year than his high water mark, demonstrates to me the bulk was delayed compensation...
Not actually part of his contract with Pitt.

It's fair to say pitt payed him annually around $2.3 million in total compensation as part of his contract extension. The folks who hang onto the >$3mil annually aren't being truthful.

So if there's incentives built into the contract what incentives do you think KS received last yr ?
1.) finding his way to the Pete
2.) winning a conference game
3.) not losing any games by more than 56 points
4.) not being thrown out of more than 1 game
5.) losing less than 20 games in a season
5.) recruiting enough players to practice
6.) ________ ( fill in )

6.) Completing more than two crossword puzzles while he sits on the PITT bench not paying attention to the game

I understand by the leaders of the site that its beneath Pitt administrators to spend meaningful time managing revenue sports competenty. Apparently this includes the AD because fans, donations, ungrateful, expectations, academic integrity, blah blah...
Who are the leaders of this site? Chris?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT