ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers

1:56 on the clock, 72 yards to score the winning touchdown:

Sack
Fumble, recovery, throw a ball batted down
Complete a pass for minus two yards
Throw the ball high over everyone's head out of bounds
And this is the guy some of us want to be the starter.

Post game show:

"Max, what is your biggest takeaway from tonight's game."

"Good god, this team sucks."

Or at least that's what it should have been.

Reactions: PittAU
Anyone watching?
Broderick Jones looks awful. Gave up 3 sacks in 3 drives. The new punter looks good, they gonna need em.
Yeah Jones looked horrible out there. Rousseau is a tough assignment, but he handed Broderick his ass. The whole o-line is a mess in pass protection, but they are young and you have to hope they grow together.

The punter was their most impressive player on the night.

Steelers are hot garbage bro.....and it's so delightful. Justin Fields for QB 1? Sheesh he missed a pass most high school QB's could hit. Russell Wilson looked like Fred Flintstone out there. Steelers are trash and have the feel of 2023 Pitt. I have to admit we are hard on quarterbacks in the NFL and make snap judgement really quick but after all the hype and shxt talking about how much better these two were than Pickett I was expecting more. They could have kept Kenny for all of this. But I'm glad they. didn't. If he would have looked how Fields looked tonight he wouldn't have made it to his car after the game 🎯.

Funny thing about the way the season is going to go is that Tomlin will stick with wilson because russ is russ, and russ has been in these situations in the past. It's only pre-season but he looked slow and those little rinky dink passes he threw didn't impress me. Now I know this is just a watered down offense, but 5 drives and he looked like total garbage?

Fields comes in and runs around like a running back and everyone wants him to start. While fields would probably be the better choice to start, you will get more excitement and mistakes as well. A big problem as well is the play of the O-Line. Maybe the issue is the coaching? Remember tomlin picked the o-line coach off the scrap heap once Carolina fired him.

I don't want to sound gloomy, but while changes were made offensively, there are still big holes to fill. I just think the biggest hole on the team will still be here until Art decides to shake things up.

Don't watch exhibition games but needed mindless sounds while walking the dog. I always liked Rob King and think he will grow into a great play by play guy. Cannot tolerate Wolf and his nonsensical dribble doesn't know when to be quiet.
Wolf is a joke. He’s terrible. Babbling nonsense incessantly.

He’s actually ok for a while during most games. But then eventually, he’ll throw a “Mitch pass,” just like he did tonight.
I posted somewhere else that was Mitch Trubisky doing Mitch Trubisky things. 😆

1:56 on the clock, 72 yards to score the winning touchdown:

Sack
Fumble, recovery, throw a ball batted down
Complete a pass for minus two yards
Throw the ball high over everyone's head out of bounds
But he had a nice scramble and threw that pass behind the receivers post pattern really hard !

Funny thing about the way the season is going to go is that Tomlin will stick with wilson because russ is russ, and russ has been in these situations in the past. It's only pre-season but he looked slow and those little rinky dink passes he threw didn't impress me. Now I know this is just a watered down offense, but 5 drives and he looked like total garbage?

Fields comes in and runs around like a running back and everyone wants him to start. While fields would probably be the better choice to start, you will get more excitement and mistakes as well. A big problem as well is the play of the O-Line. Maybe the issue is the coaching? Remember tomlin picked the o-line coach off the scrap heap once Carolina fired him.

I don't want to sound gloomy, but while changes were made offensively, there are still big holes to fill. I just think the biggest hole on the team will still be here until Art decides to shake things up.
Those 3 and outs and fg attempts are pure excitement , no doubt !

QB pushing a sled ? Thought it was training for short yardage sneaks ala Philly Eagles. This team could never make short yardage on 3rd or 4th downs. Why does this team refuse to QB sneak ?

The Steelers are just ahead of their time. Everyone thinks they are archaic, but they are smarter than everyone else. They realize everything old is new again. And the league is going back to rushing attacks and QB's completing 12 passes a game for 125 yards.

After last night, the smartest things the Steelers did this off-season is to not sign either of the QBs for 2025 or beyond. I mean I still think Wilson will put in an above average QB performance, like he does every single year, but man that was painful to watch.

Despite how much I would absolutely despise this, it would almost be worth it to have him and Duzz sharing the Southside Complex.
Love it! Some bowl game should set up a Pitt-Colorado match-up. It would be a media extravaganza.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT