ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers Will Likely Eliminate Partnership With Pitt When They Relocate Their Practice Facility article

If true, so much for that shared facility recruiting sales pitch.

This would be great news. Larger facility for Pitt since they can take over the Steelers side. Maybe the Steelers can build a facility on 79 in South Fayette or Southpointe. Why does everything have to be in Cranberry? Speaking of Cranberry, the Pickett house is on the market. I love Infinity Homes. Best builder in WPA IMO.

eh, a blog, I don't put a whole lot of faith in that. I think the Rooney's cheapness will still overrule anything and they just do some upgrades.

Funny the typical local crew like to take shots at Pitt being the reason for the Steelers bad facilities but forget if Pitt didn't agree to move to Heinz there's a good chance the deal to build it doesn't happen.

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther
Maybe the Steelers can build a facility on 79 in South Fayette or Southpointe. Why does everything have to be in Cranberry?
Wasn't that the talk at the time of relocating from Three Rivers to Heinz Field? The Rooneys and their love of horse racing were between building on North Shore if the tax could get approved in Allegheny County, and Washington County by the Meadows.

This would be great news. Larger facility for Pitt since they can take over the Steelers side. Maybe the Steelers can build a facility on 79 in South Fayette or Southpointe. Why does everything have to be in Cranberry? Speaking of Cranberry, the Pickett house is on the market. I love Infinity Homes. Best builder in WPA IMO.

The South Hills is for Boomers. All the cool people are in the north.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce

Better access to the city from the north.
Lower taxes, newer roads, cleaner air, newer housing, etc. etc. etc.

Better access to the city, yes. However if a practice facility is built in the burbs, the players will never be in the city except 10 Sundays per year so that doesnt matter.

Roads, housing, air? The richer South Hills communities have the same thing that NA, PR, and Cranberry have.

To me, the best place for a Steeler practice facility would be in South Fayette right off 79 because its still close enough to Wexford and Sewickley if players want to live there, maybe a little too far from Pine and Cranberry but then you open up South Fayette, Nevillewood, Lebo, Peters, or even the rich part of Canon Mac. Not sure that player and coach housing options are high on the list as there are plenty of options in the 3 school districts of NA, PR, and SV but its a little annoying that every Pittsburgh "celebrity" lives in 1 of those 3 school districts when there are loads of multi-million dollar homes in the south.

Not sure how taxes of Washington County compare to Butler County, but the newest major highway in the region is 576 which is south and west. Plenty of newer housing in Canon Mac, South Fayette, Peters, etc.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Not sure how taxes of Washington County compare to Butler County, but the newest major highway in the region is 576 which is south and west. Plenty of newer housing in Canon Mac, South Fayette, Peters, etc.

Dont even get me started. That road to the airport literally saves 2 minutes going to the airport and you pay $5 each way to save those 2 minutes. What a waste.

That is a great stretch of road. Very underutilized so far, probably because of the toll. I drive from Ohio to Washington Country very often. It is well worth the cost, especially during heavy traffic times.

Reactions: mlvnsmly
Dont even get me started. That road to the airport literally saves 2 minutes going to the airport and you pay $5 each way to save those 2 minutes. What a waste.
Sometimes you have to look into the future instead of focusing on the present. It opens up other areas of economic growth. Plus, that 2 minutes turns into 20 when traffic is heavy on 79 and 376.,

Reactions: mlvnsmly
Try again on a Monday around 8 AM.

Seriously though, it all depends on where you're coming from and where You're going. Not everyone lives on your street and is going to the airport

Reactions: pittdan77
Sometimes you have to look into the future instead of focusing on the present. It opens up other areas of economic growth. Plus, that 2 minutes turns into 20 when traffic is heavy on 79 and 376.,

It better because no one is ever on it and its super expensive to save a few minutes. I was going to the airport right in the middle of rush hour a few times and Google Maps still said it only saved 2 minutes. The problem with 576 is that if you are going to the airport by taking 79 South to 376, there's no traffic during the morning rush because everyone is going the other way. If you are taking 79 to 376 during the afternoon rush, the traffic jam has subsided by the time you get to that point. If you are taking 79 North to 376, its the same thing but in reverse. There's no bumper to bumper traffic from the 79/376 interchange to the airport.

Future economic growth? Maybe. But what has 43 done? Has Monongahela and California seen rapid development? Perhaps Fort Cherry becomes the next South Fayette. But I doubt it. Its a colossal waste of time and money.

It better because no one is ever on it and its super expensive to save a few minutes. I was going to the airport right in the middle of rush hour a few times and Google Maps still said it only saved 2 minutes. The problem with 576 is that if you are going to the airport by taking 79 South to 376, there's no traffic during the morning rush because everyone is going the other way. If you are taking 79 to 376 during the afternoon rush, the traffic jam has subsided by the time you get to that point. If you are taking 79 North to 376, its the same thing but in reverse. There's no bumper to bumper traffic from the 79/376 interchange to the airport.

Future economic growth? Maybe. But what has 43 done? Has Monongahela and California seen rapid development? Perhaps Fort Cherry becomes the next South Fayette. But I doubt it. Its a colossal waste of time and money.
No, they need to build a 4 lane expressway in Butler County from 79 to 28. That is where the growth is. The land is much more manageable up there than down south because it is flatter and mostly farmlands.

I worked out in Robinson for 4 years. There is absolutely traffic on that stretch of road. I hated working out there for that reason and I barely go out there to shop for that reason.

Also, it may only save 2 minutes FOR YOU. You're one meaningless person on earth. Hell, you probably pass 79 to get to the toll road or drive the opposite direction on 79 to get on it. Imagine if you lived in steubenville and had to commute to southpointe, for instance. Imagine if you lived in Rostraver and took 70-79-376 to get to the airport. Or you worked for a business in southpointe and we're coming from the airport. Or one of the other thousand scenarios that don't apply to you. Not to mention this is just one section of the road that will ultimately be built. You can't even navigate your way through bethel Park, but your opposed to a highway that helps a bunch of people who's only flaw is they aren't you lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: pittdan77
I worked out in Robinson for 4 years. There is absolutely traffic on that stretch of road. I hated working out there for that reason and I barely go out there to shop for that reason.

Also, it may only save 2 minutes FOR YOU. You're one meaningless person on earth. Hell, you probably pass 79 to get to the toll road or drive the opposite direction on 79 to get on it. Imagine if you lived in steubenville and had to commute to southpointe, for instance. Imagine if you lived in Rostraver and took 70-79-376 to get to the airport. Or you worked for a business in southpointe and we're coming from the airport. Or one of the other thousand scenarios that don't apply to you. Not to mention this is just one section of the road that will ultimately be built. You can't even navigate your way through bethel Park, but your opposed to a highway that helps a bunch of people who's only flaw is they aren't you lol.

There are cars on the road but everyone is doing the speed limit after you pass the 79 intersection on 376. There is never standstill traffic by the mall or around there unless there is an accident.

And you are mistaken. If you need to get to the airport from the south and are coming up 79, getting off that 576 exit only saves 2 minutes. You mention Rostraver. Right now, if you go into Google Maps, it literally only takes 2 extra minutes to go 70-79-376 than 70-79-576. It only saves 2 minutes to the airport no matter what time of day or where you are coming from.

There are cars on the road but everyone is doing the speed limit after you pass the 79 intersection on 376. There is never standstill traffic by the mall or around there unless there is an accident.

And you are mistaken. If you need to get to the airport from the south and are coming up 79, getting off that 576 exit only saves 2 minutes. You mention Rostraver. Right now, if you go into Google Maps, it literally only takes 2 extra minutes to go 70-79-376 than 70-79-576. It only saves 2 minutes to the airport no matter what time of day or where you are coming from.
Google maps does not provide accurate time for the toll road due to lack of data. It's off by about 5 minutes for me. What about the other examples? I guess you checked those too and found out you were wrong. And yeah, there's rush hour traffic. You don't sit in it so you would have no concept. Speed limit my ass.

I guess if you're right though, it makes absolutely no sense to have a Steelers facility in South Fayette.

That will be costly to Pitt, if the Rooneys stop rent payments to Pitt. Not that they care about Pitt.
And taxes in Butler County aren't as high as Allegheny. Good enough for Mario, it'll be fine. Freddie Fu would be crushed.

Those first two in particular, especially South Fayette, have exploded in recent years. Wasn’t SF 2A or 3A when they won back-to-back PIAA titles ten years ago? They’re pushing 6A nowadays!

Those first two in particular, especially South Fayette, have exploded in recent years. Wasn’t SF 2A or 3A when they won back-to-back PIAA titles ten years ago? They’re pushing 6A nowadays!
I think if they leave it will be out of Allegheny County. North or South.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
The Steelers will build a new facility soon. This will help Pitt as we will inherit their side of the building. That is a good thing for us.

100%. There was no recruiting advantage. Recruits often referenced it but our recruiting had basically sucked forever. I dont believe we would have lost 1 recruit in the last 25 years if the Steelers werent on the other side

Help me understand.
Does 596 go into the city.

That will be costly to Pitt, if the Rooneys stop rent payments to Pitt. Not that they care about Pitt.
And taxes in Butler County aren't as high as Allegheny. Good enough for Mario, it'll be fine. Freddie Fu would be crushed.
The Rooney’s pay rent to UPMC. Not to Pitt.

Won't bother Pitt at all to be sole occupant of the entire facility.

UPMC owns it, not Pitt.

100%. There was no recruiting advantage. Recruits often referenced it but our recruiting had basically sucked forever. I dont believe we would have lost 1 recruit in the last 25 years if the Steelers werent on the other side
And now, recruiting means nothing. It's all $$$$

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT