ADVERTISEMENT

Still needs a little more humbling…

Then start acting like it. . There are other posters on this message board who disagree with my take and that's fine. But you're the only poster determined to throw a hissy fit over my opinion. If you don't like my take, then put me on ignore.
I don't put anyone on ignore. That's a child's take and one I expect that you'll soon take with me.

I am acting like an adult in correcting children who have gone astray.

I don't put anyone on ignore. That's a child's take and one I expect that you'll soon take with me.

I am acting like an adult in correcting children who have gone astray.
And I allow me to correct your behavior.... You are acting like a brat because someone doesn't agree with you. You see that a lot on college campus' I guess you don't believe in free speech... 67? hmmmmmm

Is Vukovcan the guy who asked the question? The article reads like it was written by someone who got their feelings hurt.

How humble will Narduzzi when he sees the crowd on Thursday night and realizes it's that small because he's having a pathetic season and doesn't have any room to be arrogant?

One small difference: the Colorado players left with Prime's boot in their asses, Pitt's guys will leave with Dooz clinging to their ankles.

That said, there won't be any mass exodus. Couple of starting guys, a few backups maybe.
Minus Addison - who has Duzz begged to stay? Who this current team would any coach be clinging to?

Minus Addison - who has Duzz begged to stay? Who this current team would any coach be clinging to?

We don't know. The only public one we know about is Addison and that was due to the circumstances involved.

Who on this team would any coach be clinging to? : Any young talent on the team.

Last edited:
LOL. We have talent at all of those positions.
I agree that we have some talent on the roster. Just as every P5 team does. But if this disaster of a season is all due to poor QB play, what/who is to blame for why:
  • the O line is a sieve
  • the D line is a sieve and generates little pressure
  • the WRs the past 2 years have struggled in every aspect of their jobs
  • the LBs are AWOL and one of them, a senior, is routinely out of position
  • the DBs (which is probably the most talented unit we have) can be near last in the country in pass efficiency defense?
  • #111 in net punting
  • 94th in FG %
And--if your belief is that the lack of a QB is the root cause of all of this, who specifically is to blame for not having even a serviceable QB on the roster 2 years after an ACC championship?

Reactions: pittmaninwv
Point being--Prime ejected all those players. They weren't his own and he didn't want them.

Narduzzi needs the players he has, the ones HE BROUGHT IN, to field a team. Do you think Narduzzi wants a bunch of his guys to leave a team that's already in bad shape at the end of this season? And what has he shown from his past history that he has a good ability to replace outgoing transfers with equal or better incoming players?

You have to field a team and have some depth. That's hard to do if a whole bunch of guys leave.

That said, as I stated above, I don't think there's any mass exodus coming. I can see a couple of the better starting players leaving, which would not be good. A few of the less relevant guys will also leave, as with every program every year, which is no big deal.

And I allow me to correct your behavior.... You are acting like a brat because someone doesn't agree with you. You see that a lot on college campus' I guess you don't believe in free speech... 67? hmmmmmm
LOL. Where have I ever tried to shut someone's speech down? I guess when I counter someone with whom I disagree that is a violation of their free speech to you. Silliness. There is no one on this board who supports free speech more than I do.

How humble will Narduzzi when he sees the crowd on Thursday night and realizes it's that small because he's having a pathetic season and doesn't have any room to be arrogant?
He doesn't coach for the crowd, especially one that boos his players.

I agree that we have some talent on the roster. Just as every P5 team does. But if this disaster of a season is all due to poor QB play, what/who is to blame for why:
  • the O line is a sieve
  • the DBs (which is probably the most talented unit we have) can be near last in the country in pass efficiency defense?
  • #111 in net punting
  • 94th in FG %
And--if your belief is that the lack of a QB is the root cause of all of this, who specifically is to blame for not having even a serviceable QB on the roster 2 years after an ACC championship?
OL - blame youth and the OL coach. I have stated repeatedly that he should be replaced.
DL - blame youth. Their is plenty of hyped talent waiting to grow up.
WRs - blame the WR coach. He has not impressed me one bit. Also blame the QB. Receivers have been open - a lot - and the QB can't find them.
LBs - blame youth.
DBs - blame the DL
Punting - I agree there is no talent.
Kicking - seriously? Sauls is more than adequate. All of his misses have been 45 yards or longer, including 2 50+ yards.

OL - blame youth and the OL coach. I have stated repeatedly that he should be replaced.
WRs - blame the WR coach. He has not impressed me one bit. Also blame the QB. Receivers have been open - a lot - and the QB can't find them.
LBs - blame youth.
DBs - blame the DL
Kicking - seriously? Sauls is more than adequate. All of his misses have been 45 yards or longer, including 2 50+ yards.
So— Blame everything and everyone but the guy in charge of it all. Got it.

Incidentally: of the 8 DLs in our two deep, 7 are seniors.

Of our 3 starting backers, 2 are 5th year players, one is a 4th year player.

The O line that started the season was 4 seniors and a RS junior. They weren’t getting it done even before Goncalves and Jacoby went down with injuries.

Who are you blaming for what you see as the substandard assistant coaches? Who vetted them out and hired them and ins some cases retained them for long tenures?

The O line that started the season was 4 seniors and a RS junior. They weren’t getting it done even before Goncalves and Jacoby went down with injuries.

Who are you blaming for what you see as the substandard assistant coaches? Who vetted them out and hired them and ins some cases retained them for long tenures?

exactly, NC missed that one. DL is not young, it is relying on talent that are more rotational players than every down starters.

Last edited:
LOL. Where have I ever tried to shut someone's speech down? I guess when I counter someone with whom I disagree that is a violation of their free speech to you. Silliness. There is no one on this board who supports free speech more than I do.
Then why do you lash back with insults because my opinion of Narduzzi's attitude differs than yours? I don't like the way he comes off and that's my opinion. Whether he should stay and right the ship is a different issue and I have expressed that as well. Lighten up.

Reactions: HailToPitt1985
LBs - blame youth.
DBs - blame the DL

Out of all of those positions, they all need to be replaced except PK. Coaches are to blame for recruiting and coaching decisions. And these kids are getting paid good money to win. They aren't winning. They're professionals now. They shouldn't be treated as student-athletes and coddled. If they want to go back to that paradigm of a student athlete, don't take the NIL money and voilah...you're not professional any longer.

He doesn't coach for the crowd, especially one that boos his players.

But his boss does. Or should. And players who aren't performing and winning need to be more than booed since they're professionals now. It's totally different than even a couple of years ago. Times have changed. The players and coaches need to win or get fired/scholarship pulled.

Reactions: pittmeister
Then why do you lash back with insults because my opinion of Narduzzi's attitude differs than yours? I don't like the way he comes off and that's my opinion. Whether he should stay and right the ship is a different issue and I have expressed that as well. Lighten up.

I agree. We all can have opinions of Narduzzi and none are right or wrong. That's why they're opinions. We know he's not exactly a great communicator, has a bad attitude, and he comes off as arrogant with no reason to be. And he's put up a season that rivals the 1972 1-10 season as the worst in decades.

We'll see what he does next year and if he actually changes his attitude and demeanor while winning at least 7 games. I said 8 wins was the minimum before but I'm cutting him some slack.

Reactions: pittmeister
I agree. We all can have opinions of Narduzzi and none are right or wrong. That's why they're opinions. We know he's not exactly a great communicator, has a bad attitude, and he comes off as arrogant with no reason to be. And he's put up a season that rivals the 1972 1-10 season as the worst in decades.

We'll see what he does next year and if he actually changes his attitude and demeanor while winning at least 7 games. I said 8 wins was the minimum before but I'm cutting him some slack.
Correct. His attitude and whether he should continue to coach is two different issues.

Believe me when I tell you, the people paying the bills don't like it either. Trust me.

Out of all of those positions, they all need to be replaced except PK. Coaches are to blame for recruiting and coaching decisions. And these kids are getting paid good money to win. They aren't winning. They're professionals now. They shouldn't be treated as student-athletes and coddled. If they want to go back to that paradigm of a student athlete, don't take the NIL money and voilah...you're not professional any longer.
Most of them will be replaced with the freshman and sophomores growing into their roles.

You're 100% wrong on the student-athlete part. As long as they are required to attend and pass classes, they are student -athletes.

Th HC is ultimately to blame, of course. But the details of coaching are accountable to the assistants.

I'll repeat a post I made in another thread. It is true of several positions.

Maybe the guys behind the starters can't get on the field because they are not men yet. The DL (and OL) is a position where teenage bodies are rarely ready for the position. They generally need a couple years of proper nutrition and weight-training to break through. Look at our roster and you see a dearth of juniors and sophomores. If the younger guys have any talent at all to go with there improved bodies, then things may not be as dire as you think.

Deandre Jules6'3"310 lbsRedshirt Senior
David Green6'1"285 lbsRedshirt Senior
Nate Temple6'4"250 lbsRedshirt Senior
Bam Brima6'5"270 lbsRedshirt Senior
Tyler Bentley6'2"300 lbsRedshirt Senior
Devin Danielson6'2"290 lbsRedshirt Senior
Dayon Hayes6'3"265 lbsSenior
Will King IV6'4"275 lbsRedshirt Junior
Nahki Johnson6'2"255 lbsRedshirt Sophomore
Elliot Donald6'3"280 lbsRedshirt Sophomore
Samuel Okunlola6'4"245 lbsRedshirt Freshman
Jimmy Scott6'2"260 lbsRedshirt Freshman
Sean FitzSimmons6'3"290 lbsRedshirt Freshman
Thomas Aden6'1"280 lbsRedshirt Freshman
Maverick Gracio6'4"250 lbsFreshman
Antonio Camon6'2"245 lbsFreshman
Zach Zollers6'3"215 lbsFreshman
Isaiah Neal6'2"260 lbsFreshman

But his boss does. Or should. And players who aren't performing and winning need to be more than booed since they're professionals now. It's totally different than even a couple of years ago. Times have changed. The players and coaches need to win or get fired/scholarship pulled.
Get off the professional crap. It is nonsense.

Get off the professional crap. It is nonsense.

How can something which is a fact be nonsense? That's what they are now and need to be treated as such. They aren't amateurs or student-athletes.

Just stating the facts, as you always say.

Most of them will be replaced with the freshman and sophomores growing into their roles.

You're 100% wrong on the student-athlete part. As long as they are required to attend and pass classes, they are student -athletes.

As long as they get money for doing what they do, they are professional athletes. Most are either spoon fed their courses and grades or they don't bother with classes at all. Of course as with everything, there are exceptions and some actually do attend classes and pass them on their own. But they're the exception.

This is college athletics now and it's a sewer.

But the replacements are young. That is where the talent is.

It's yet to be seen where these talented underclassmen are. No evidence of that.

It's hoops season now. The football season is over, thankfully. Turn your attention to hoops now.

How can something which is a fact be nonsense? That's what they are now and need to be treated as such. They aren't amateurs or student-athletes.

Just stating the facts, as you always say.
They remain student-athletes. That is undeniably true.

They are not paid to play by rule. That is undeniably true.

As long as they get money for doing what they do, they are professional athletes. Most are either spoon fed their courses and grades or they don't bother with classes at all. Of course as with everything, there are exceptions and some actually do attend classes and pass them on their own. But they're the exception.

This is college athletics now and it's a sewer.
They aren't getting paid to play.

You are just full of myths today. Please support your claims about classes with something other than your biased opinion.

It's yet to be seen where these talented underclassmen are. No evidence of that.

It's hoops season now. The football season is over, thankfully. Turn your attention to hoops now.
I will continue to watch and root for all Pitt sports teams. That's what alumni do.

What a dumb post. I don’t want our coach to be humble. I want him to back it up.
What I really think is people want the face of our cities college football program to exercise wisdom, tact, humility when warranted, and above all act like an ambassador for the University instead of a paranoid schizophrenic who refuses to discuss things of relevance to the program but won't shut his 🤐 mouth about a bunch of crap that doesn't concern him. It's easy to root against a loud mouth stubborn know it all in his fifties. That's who he is. He is an arrogant prick that's easy to root against. Why on earth would the ACC want him winning another title and representing the conference nationally. No wonder the refs job us! He is like the drunk uncle that's cool sometimes but you're always worried he might flip the switch and act like an A hole.

Reactions: 303vND
What I really think is people want the face of our cities college football program to exercise wisdom, tact, humility when warranted, and above all act like an ambassador for the University instead of a paranoid schizophrenic who refuses to discuss things of relevance to the program but won't shut his 🤐 mouth about a bunch of crap that doesn't concern him. It's easy to root against a loud mouth stubborn know it all in his fifties. That's who he is. He is an arrogant prick that's easy to root against. Why on earth would the ACC want him winning another title and representing the conference nationally. No wonder the refs job us! He is like the drunk uncle that's cool sometimes but you're always worried he might flip the switch and act like an A hole.
You don't seem to understand that the personality of head coaches at this level are rarely aligned with what you want. They all have egos and are stubborn to a point, because that is what made them successful.

• the O line is a sieve
  • #111 in net punting
  • 94th in FG %
Touché.

Better pipe it down since some on here have wet dreams about PN. SMH

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT