ADVERTISEMENT

Stop crying...PITT is the better team

You know Walt Harris wasn’t the greatest coach, but there were times at least when I felt like we won games because he out-coached the the other coach. How many times did Walts teams beat VT when VT was the favored more talented team.
I don’t know if there has been a single time in HCPN’s six years that I felt like we won a game because he out-coached someone.
You are spot on. Certainly it's the players who win games but every now and then a coach has to outmaneuver the opposing coach to get a win. I have yet to see Narduzzi achieve that.

You are wrong. We, who I have been told in at least one other thread, have our best defense since 1980. This is a total crock! We couldn't get pressure and let a team come down and make the winning score without even challenging them. Not to mention we let a young kid that was making his first start eat us alive because without pressure we couldn't cover anyone. The offense wasn't bad except for the drops, especially the 2 pointer. What is sad is that the defense, which was supposed to be the strength of the team, failed miserably and just wasn't in it. All the offside penalties emphasize that this team just wasn't prepared for a fight.

I thought the Duzz had at least a quality defense, but couldn't muster the needed offense. I thought we were going to be a defensive team. Turns out we are deficient on both sides of the ball. With the schedule we have left, I would think we wind up 5-6. That would suggest that Pat Narduzzi is simply not getting it done. I would settle for a good defensive team that is in alot of games. Sadly, Pat is failing in all areas, and I really thought Pat was right for this job.

Duzz said after the game that it was a much needed wake-up call for the team. Perhaps Duzz is the one who needs the wake-up call. This team has repeatedly posted piss for efforts when there is a nice chance to take a big step forward. How many chances does he get to blow? The shit-shows are wearing away at all Pitt fans psyche!

A well-coached team does not get penalized 13/125 yards. A well-coached team with the talent they have on defense does not give up 30 points, especially to a QB who wasnt even named the starter until the week prior. Doeren outcoached Narduzzi this game and almost every other. That’s not saying much.

That being said I still like Narduzzi and what the program looks like overall from where it was. The season isn’t over by a longshot. They still matchup well with anyone but Clemson. BC is going to be another dogfight I’m afraid. Hafley and Cignetti will have BC ready.

Reactions: tvich and pittdan77
so you came on here last week and claimed NC state was the better team before the game?

No, I didn't. And then they actually played the game. And I watched it. And I saw what happened during the game.

Now let me ask you a question. Did you watch the game? And I apologize in advance, I recognize that asking you that question puts you in a bad spot. You can either admit that you didn't watch it which makes this whole thread something of a joke, or you can tell us all that you did watch it and basically admit that you have no idea what it was that you saw.

A well-coached team does not get penalized 13/125 yards. A well-coached team with the talent they have on defense does not give up 30 points, especially to a QB who wasnt even named the starter until the week prior. Doeren outcoached Narduzzi this game and almost every other. That’s not saying much.

That being said I still like Narduzzi and what the program looks like overall from where it was. The season isn’t over by a longshot. They still matchup well with anyone but Clemson. BC is going to be another dogfight I’m afraid. Hafley and Cignetti will have BC ready.
I do admire your optimistic outlook. I also do not hate Narduzzi. That said his teams often are not ready and he gets outcoached way to regularly. What is sad is, it is predictable. I wrote in another thread that if Pitt was able to beat Louisville, they would go on to lose to NC state. Why? It is because whenever Pitt has had a chance to make a big step forward, they inevitably come out and work the proverbial shit-show.

Look for a bounce back performance this week. That said, it may not be enough to win. BC is solid, and like NC ST they have a good O-line. Plus Jurkoff is a dual threat and can beat us with his legs. The defense will have to be good and not get run over like they did to us last year. I really think our defense was exposed last week and will give up too many points this week as well. I think we make alot less mistakes and penalties but lose a close game. 31-27 sounds about right.

This team will really surprise me if they recover from last week. I don't think we will. I see us winding up about 5-6, certainly no better than 6-5. I have been a Pitt fan since the early 70's, I have to say this has really become a very tough place to win. I am not sure it matters who the coach is or how many hall-of-famers or all-pros we produce. In the end, we are what we are, a very mediocre college football team.

I think the jury is still out on NC State. They really have only played 2 games. They have a horrible defense... that is the only known at this point.... big shocker... Tony Gibson the idiot.

NC State had some talent on offense. OL was better than Pitt. That RB Perkins... he was better than anything Pitt had. #86 would definitely be starting at Pitt.
NC State lost to VT by 30. When VT had 22 guys missing. NC state stinks

No, I didn't. And then they actually played the game. And I watched it. And I saw what happened during the game.

Now let me ask you a question. Did you watch the game? And I apologize in advance, I recognize that asking you that question puts you in a bad spot. You can either admit that you didn't watch it which makes this whole thread something of a joke, or you can tell us all that you did watch it and basically admit that you have no idea what it was that you saw.

Yes I watched the game. I saw the penalties, I saw the bad calls, and I saw questionable play calling by our O coordinator. Perfect storm.

Pitt was NOT the more talented team.
NCSU had better:
O line
Running backs
D line
Wide receivers
Tight end
Linebackers
Coaching
No, they really didn’t. 1 or 2 positions you can argue they did at best.

Coaching though... agree there, and that’s what it came down to. NC State is not a very talented team. They were very well coached and extremely disciplined.

I think the jury is still out on NC State. They really have only played 2 games. They have a horrible defense... that is the only known at this point.... big shocker... Tony Gibson the idiot.

NC State had some talent on offense. OL was better than Pitt. That RB Perkins... he was better than anything Pitt had. #86 would definitely be starting at Pitt.
Honestly I wasn’t really impressed by #86. He didn’t look very fast and he pushed off on almost every route it seemed.

Obviously he had a great game, but I think that was mostly due to Leary and the great pass protection he had. He had all day to throw and he had pinpoint accuracy.

Look, like 80% of the posters on here havent been here all year. The other 20% that are negative are just uber emotional or never liked Narduzzi.

It is as crazy to be this upset at a one point loss to NCST that would have been a W if not for a call or 2, than it is calling for a national championship after beating AP.

We were the better team on Saturday. The Pitt team is far better, and in far better off than it has been in decades. That i undeniably true.

Wow must read.

It is bizarre are the posters come out of the woodwork only after a loss. Especially THIS loss with absolute ridiculous Calls on penalties that cost us this game.

We outplayed NC St, out coached them, just lacked execution and couldn’t beat the refs. It was a one point loss.

Reactions: doubleAA's
Wow must read.

It is bizarre are the posters come out of the woodwork only after a loss. Especially THIS loss with absolute ridiculous Calls on penalties that cost us this game.

We outplayed NC St, out coached them, just lacked execution and couldn’t beat the refs. It was a one point loss.

Not sure where the out coached them part comes from. It looked like they frequently had the Pitt defense off balance with all the tempo switches they were doing, and NC St seemed to make more adjustments at the half as well.

I would think one would have to say they certainly came out more ready to play at the start of the game also.

Not saying the coaching advantage was seismic or anything like that, but there is just no way you can say Pitt out coaches them when a 14 point underdog wins outright on the road. That makes no sense.

Not sure where the out coached them part comes from. It looked like they frequently had the Pitt defense off balance with all the tempo switches they were doing, and NC St seemed to make more adjustments at the half as well.

I would think one would have to say they certainly came out more ready to play at the start of the game also.

Not saying the coaching advantage was seismic or anything like that, but there is just no way you can say Pitt out coaches them when a 14 point underdog wins outright on the road. That makes no sense.

Well the stats don’t back you up.

I disagree. I think the coach puts the team in position to win each week and develops game plans with the coordinators to do the best to ensure that. No question we did just that against NCST. If Mack Catches the 2 pt play right in his hands. If the refs call the obvious PI for their td pass. If the refs didn’t hit Dennis with a PF on 4th down when he hit the qb as he was throwing. If we kicked a fg from the one (ok that’s on the coach,

Well the stats don’t back you up.

I disagree. I think the coach puts the team in position to win each week and develops game plans with the coordinators to do the best to ensure that. No question we did just that against NCST. If Mack Catches the 2 pt play right in his hands. If the refs call the obvious PI for their td pass. If the refs didn’t hit Dennis with a PF on 4th down when he hit the qb as he was throwing. If we kicked a fg from the one (ok that’s on the coach,

I have never heard of a situation where anyone claimed a home 2 touchdown favorite that lost outright “out coached” the other team.

Forgive me for being obtuse, but that is an entirely new concept.

Well, to be fair, there is a reason why it's an entirely new concept.

The only surprising thing is why some people can't grasp that.
It’s perplexing you can’t grasp the concept honestly. Your hatred for the coach clouds your judgement. It was clearly defined why, and you’re only response is we were favored.

It was clearly defined why, and you’re only response is we were favored.

It wasn't clearly defined. It was stupidly defined. Teams that make as many mistakes as we did in that game are not well coached. It really is that simple. That you and a few others struggle to grasp that doesn't mean that it isn't true, it means that you are struggling to grasp the obvious.

It wasn't clearly defined. It was stupidly defined. Teams that make as many mistakes as we did in that game are not well coached. It really is that simple. That you and a few others struggle to grasp that doesn't mean that it isn't true, it means that you are struggling to grasp the obvious.

My concept - I only care if we win or lose. It does taste a bit sweeter if they pull off an upset. But when you’re a 14 pt fav they crap all over themselves - even if I believe they’re they “better team” - who cares.[/QUOTE]

You’re a clown. Go **** yourself. You’re so dumb. We didn’t make as many mistakes as NCSt did. And again, douchebag, false starts aren’t coaching mistakes.

I’m trying to watch this game and I have to listen to your ridiculous negativity. Go shove a football up your ass loser

You’re a clown. Go **** yourself. You’re so dumb. We didn’t make as many mistakes as BC did. And again, douchebag, false starts aren’t coaching mistakes.

I’m trying to watch this game and I have to listen to your ridiculous negativity. Go shove a football up your ass loser

You can't even remember which team we played, so....

You’re a clown. Go **** yourself. You’re so dumb. We didn’t make as many mistakes as BC did. And again, douchebag, false starts aren’t coaching mistakes.

Don’t mince your words tell him/her how you really feel

No offense, but you do seem really stupid. I hope to god you aren’t a Pitt fan cause you are just a miserable dude if so.

Isn't being called stupid by someone who is dumber than a box of rocks a good thing?

What about being called miserable by someone who is still miserable over a football game that's been over for a week now?

Isn't being called stupid by someone who is dumber than a box of rocks a good thing?

What about being called miserable by someone who is still miserable over a football game that's been over for a week now?

I don’t know the guy. I’m not miserable about last week, sounds like you are.

Don’t worry Panther fans, I’m sure we were the better team today, too and they’ll reconfigure the standings at the end of the year to reflect the true wins and losses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT