ADVERTISEMENT

Stop crying...PITT is the better team

jivecat

Senior
Jul 5, 2001
Look at the numbers....it is science. PITT had more yards (rushing and passing) by 20%. We even had more production per play. The penalties cost us the game.....that is it. We play NC state 9 more times, we beat them all 9 times. It is amazing how quickly people jump off the bandwagon.

The thing is, watching them the two previous games, you knew a loss to an "inferior" team was coming. If they don't beat a couple "superior" teams, a year filled with promise and maybe the last decent chance for a few years will have been wasted.

The thing is, watching them the two previous games, you knew a loss to an "inferior" team was coming. If they don't beat a couple "superior" teams, a year filled with promise and maybe the last decent chance for a few years will have been wasted.

Here's the deal, we are a tough match up for some "superior" teams. This game stinks but the season is far from over. It reminds me of when we lost to UNC, VT, and Miami in 2016.....we were certainly the better team. Turnovers or penalties can cost you a game.

Reactions: BPKY
I don't care about who the "better" team was, and neither should anyone else at this point. Wins and losses are it. The rest is irrelevant.

It does matter...if we are the better team then we do not have a ceiling. The numbers speak for themselves.

Look at the numbers....it is science. PITT had more yards (rushing and passing) by 20%. We even had more production per play. The penalties cost us the game.....that is it. We play NC state 9 more times, we beat them all 9 times. It is amazing how quickly people jump off the bandwagon.
I don't know if this is accurate.

When the game was on the line and State HAD to pass, State played their best.

Their last two times with the ball they moved the ball easily. Wide open receivers and plenty of time to throw.

If the game went into overtime, State looked like the team that figured things out.

I don't know if this is accurate.

When the game was on the line and State HAD to pass, State played their best.

Their last two times with the ball they moved the ball easily. Wide open receivers and plenty of time to throw.

If the game went into overtime, State looked like the team that figured things out.
I don't know if this game was a fluke or not, but it sure looked to me that their QB is a surgeon. Add penalties and a couple iffy calls, and the brain fart by HCPN not taking the points, and you get an L instead of a W.

Reactions: jctrack
Cancel the season. Clemson and Alabama are the best teams, so there's no need to play these games out. Let's call both administrations in and decide the national championship on a coin flip.

Idiotic post...I can’t remember the last time we beat NC STATE

Here's the deal, we are a tough match up for some "superior" teams. This game stinks but the season is far from over. It reminds me of when we lost to UNC, VT, and Miami in 2016.....we were certainly the better team. Turnovers or penalties can cost you a game.

What superior team are we a tough matchup for and why?

And you think we were better than those teams in 2016?

Does anybody have a post-win expectancy for the game? Nothing about it struck me as being a game where we would have a high post-win expectancy if played 100 times.

Is this a serious post?

Well, penalties are part of the game. Doesn't NC state deserve credit for drawing them offsides? The quarterback was making good hard counts. Thats a good play.

Good team win, and bad teams find a way to lose. And good coaches find ways to win, and bad coaches find ways to lose.

A good coach doesn't lose that game because I don't care what anyone says, that was not a well coached, well prepared football team on Saturday. Poor officiating or not, we got exactly what we deserved, the lesson that we aren't good enough to start that poorly and win, even against a mediocre opponent.

Good team win, and bad teams find a way to lose. And good coaches find ways to win, and bad coaches find ways to lose.

A good coach doesn't lose that game because I don't care what anyone says, that was not a well coached, well prepared football team on Saturday. Poor officiating or not, we got exactly what we deserved, the lesson that we aren't good enough to start that poorly and win, even against a mediocre opponent.

That was a well coached game. We did everything we needed to do on offense. Our issues were penalties and bad calls by the Refs. Look at the numbers. We are clearly the better team.

Reactions: sherepower
Well let’s put it another way
Without a fluke 75 yard passing td on the second play -
And a targeting penalty erasing a pick 6-
I’d say we were closer to 2 plays from losing by more than 2 plays from winning

That is loser talk. The numbers say we are winners.

hey Guys, don’t worry, we only lost because of penalties and mistakes and indiscipline and lack of effort.

I’m actuelly pissed off that I opened and read this thread.

That was a well coached game. We did everything we needed to do on offense. Our issues were penalties and bad calls by the Refs. Look at the numbers. We are clearly the better team.
You are wrong. We, who I have been told in at least one other thread, have our best defense since 1980. This is a total crock! We couldn't get pressure and let a team come down and make the winning score without even challenging them. Not to mention we let a young kid that was making his first start eat us alive because without pressure we couldn't cover anyone. The offense wasn't bad except for the drops, especially the 2 pointer. What is sad is that the defense, which was supposed to be the strength of the team, failed miserably and just wasn't in it. All the offside penalties emphasize that this team just wasn't prepared for a fight.

I thought the Duzz had at least a quality defense, but couldn't muster the needed offense. I thought we were going to be a defensive team. Turns out we are deficient on both sides of the ball. With the schedule we have left, I would think we wind up 5-6. That would suggest that Pat Narduzzi is simply not getting it done. I would settle for a good defensive team that is in alot of games. Sadly, Pat is failing in all areas, and I really thought Pat was right for this job.

Duzz said after the game that it was a much needed wake-up call for the team. Perhaps Duzz is the one who needs the wake-up call. This team has repeatedly posted piss for efforts when there is a nice chance to take a big step forward. How many chances does he get to blow? The shit-shows are wearing away at all Pitt fans psyche!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nationalchamps1
How can a defense that clearly shut down Louisville just roll over and play dead and uninspired against NC St? Playing to the level of our competition has always plagued us through the years.

Guys......don’t you understand that better teams lose sometimes while out performing the other team? This isn’t a hard concept. It happens every year to almost every pro and college team. Seriously.....you can’t be this myopic.

How can a defense that clearly shut down Louisville just roll over and play dead and uninspired against NC St? Playing to the level of our competition has always plagued us through the years.
It happens because young college men read their press clippings, get swelled up egos, don't prepare properly because they're good enough to just show up and win. Then, by the time in game that they figure out they're not ready and/or not focused, the other team is already kicking their butts and growing in confidence. There's no way a self described elite defense, mouthing off about no respect should allow NCST to drive 80 years with no time outs and 1:29 left on the clock.

Reactions: pbrad
This doesn't happen to a Dabo coached team, to a Kirby Smart coached team, to a Saban coached team. Not solely because of better players, but because of better coached players.

It happens because young college men read their press clippings, get swelled up egos, don't prepare properly because they're good enough to just show up and win. Then, by the time in game that they figure out they're not ready and/or not focused, the other team is already kicking their butts and growing in confidence. There's no way a self described elite defense, mouthing off about no respect should allow NCST to drive 80 years with no time outs and 1:29 left on the clock.
Sorry not buying what your selling. One week a great superior effort then nothing? Come on....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT