ADVERTISEMENT

Stop crying...PITT is the better team

Look at the numbers....it is science. PITT had more yards (rushing and passing) by 20%. We even had more production per play. The penalties cost us the game.....that is it. We play NC state 9 more times, we beat them all 9 times. It is amazing how quickly people jump off the bandwagon.
So what. We lost. That is all that counts.

Reactions: Large Panther
Better teams don't have 13 penalties.

Better teams can score from First & Goal at the 1.

Better teams make adjustments.

Better teams can figure out how to run the play clock down to just about 0.

This game should have been over at halftime if it weren’t for the high hit on pickett. 24-7 if that wasn’t a dumb hit.

Sadly, the better team did win.

We were the far more talented team.... and we lost. Our defense was completely humiliated. Not sure how anyone is supposed to be ok with that. We lost to a team we should’ve steamrolled.

Reactions: Large Panther
Look at the numbers....it is science. PITT had more yards (rushing and passing) by 20%. We even had more production per play. The penalties cost us the game.....that is it. We play NC state 9 more times, we beat them all 9 times. It is amazing how quickly people jump off the bandwagon.
I'd rather be the worse team and WIN THE GAME by luck or bad calls by the ref.

Reactions: pbrad and Pittx9
Isn't that precisely why the crying is justified?

Strange the way some human minds work.

Look, like 80% of the posters on here havent been here all year. The other 20% that are negative are just uber emotional or never liked Narduzzi.

It is as crazy to be this upset at a one point loss to NCST that would have been a W if not for a call or 2, than it is calling for a national championship after beating AP.

We were the better team on Saturday. The Pitt team is far better, and in far better off than it has been in decades. That i undeniably true.

Reactions: Teh Teh
But....But....But....They had orange slices at half time and cup cakes at the end of the game, and juice boxes. What could be better?!!!!

We were the far more talented team.... and we lost. Our defense was completely humiliated. Not sure how anyone is supposed to be ok with that. We lost to a team we should’ve steamrolled.

I think the jury is still out on NC State. They really have only played 2 games. They have a horrible defense... that is the only known at this point.... big shocker... Tony Gibson the idiot.

NC State had some talent on offense. OL was better than Pitt. That RB Perkins... he was better than anything Pitt had. #86 would definitely be starting at Pitt.

Pitt would have four more national championships in the last 39 years if they didn't habitually run into that 1-time-in-100 game, eh?

This doesn't happen to a Dabo coached team, to a Kirby Smart coached team, to a Saban coached team. Not solely because of better players, but because of better coached players.

Lol I can tell that you don't watch a lot of SEC games because this happens to every Kirby Smart coached team every year.

Look, like 80% of the posters on here havent been here all year. The other 20% that are negative are just uber emotional or never liked Narduzzi.

It is as crazy to be this upset at a one point loss to NCST that would have been a W if not for a call or 2, than it is calling for a national championship after beating AP.

We were the better team on Saturday. The Pitt team is far better, and in far better off than it has been in decades. That i undeniably true.

Just stop.

Lol I can tell that you don't watch a lot of SEC games because this happens to every Kirby Smart coached team every year.

Yep. And happens because Kirby is a defensive minded head coach that prefers risk adverse, outdated offensive coordinators.

Hmmmm...

Yep. And happens because Kirby is a defensive minded head coach that prefers risk adverse, outdated offensive coordinators.

Hmmmm...

No argument there. UGA's offense sucks. It's the same formation (11 personnel) and plays (run on first down, run or screen on second down, pro level difficulty pass to the sideline on 3rd down) all game. With all the talent in the world they routinely make it look as hard as possible to score points.

Bull. Narduzzi would lose 7 out of 10 times to NC State.

Good team win, and bad teams find a way to lose. And good coaches find ways to win, and bad coaches find ways to lose.

A good coach doesn't lose that game because I don't care what anyone says, that was not a well coached, well prepared football team on Saturday. Poor officiating or not, we got exactly what we deserved, the lesson that we aren't good enough to start that poorly and win, even against a mediocre opponent.
You know Walt Harris wasn’t the greatest coach, but there were times at least when I felt like we won games because he out-coached the the other coach. How many times did Walts teams beat VT when VT was the favored more talented team.
I don’t know if there has been a single time in HCPN’s six years that I felt like we won a game because he out-coached someone.

Reactions: Mr. Monaca
You know Walt Harris wasn’t the greatest coach, but there were times at least when I felt like we won games because he out-coached the the other coach. How many times did Walts teams beat VT when VT was the favored more talented team.
I don’t know if there has been a single time in HCPN’s six years that I felt like we won a game because he out-coached someone.
Walt Harris might be the greatest Qb coach of all time. Boomer esiason, , while playing for jets well after a decade of nfl qb’ing with the bengals, said he learned so much from Walt.

Walt made Larry fitz. He made Antonio Bryant.

I believe we beat them in the 2001 Tangerine Bowl
and NCSt QB was Phillip Rivers

If I remember correctly, wasn't 2001 the year we started 1-5 and Walt scraped the offense mid-season,
then won the last 6 games

(and the year we lost to 24+ point underdog South Florida team that was only in their 2nd year of footballing)

Idiotic post...I can’t remember the last time we beat NC STATE

Reactions: JSSTartan
Better teams don't have 13 penalties.

Better teams can score from First & Goal at the 1.

Better teams make adjustments.

Better teams can figure out how to run the play clock down to just about 0.

Better teams sometimes get hit with the perfect storm and that is what you experienced on Saturday. Anyone who knows anything about college football picked PITT to win big (including Vegas). It took a series of freak events for us to lose.
You are looking at this all wrong.

Better teams sometimes get hit with the perfect storm and that is what you experienced on Saturday. Anyone who knows anything about college football picked PITT to win big (including Vegas). It took a series of freak events for us to lose.
You are looking at this all wrong.

Can't tell if you are serious.

First & Goal from the 1 at Virginia Tech.

First & Goal at the 1 at State Pen.

First & Goal from the 1 v N.C. State.

There were no freak events Saturday.

This Perfect Storm you speak of sure hits Pitt games a lot.

Pitt Happens.

Guys......don’t you understand that better teams lose sometimes while out performing the other team? This isn’t a hard concept. It happens every year to almost every pro and college team. Seriously.....you can’t be this myopic.
Seriously you can’t be this dumb

The thing is, watching them the two previous games, you knew a loss to an "inferior" team was coming. If they don't beat a couple "superior" teams, a year filled with promise and maybe the last decent chance for a few years will have been wasted.
No way is NC State inferior. They were superior on both lines of scrimmage, had a superior game plan and had superior execution. They were also superior in their discipline.

It's a bit of a jump to point to the unexpected upset of the eventual national champion and compare it to what happened Saturday. Those two things aren't even close.

They are both an example of a series of events that led to the loss of the better team.....no different.

Also, for the ”it’s science” crowd:

The S&P+ has Louisville with a 60 to 70% post-win expectancy over us two weeks ago. Does that science count in that game?

Reactions: pittdan77
It does matter...if we are the better team then we do not have a ceiling. The numbers speak for themselves.

giphy.gif

Also, for the ”it’s science” crowd:

The S&P+ has Louisville with a 60 to 70% post-win expectancy over us two weeks ago. Does that science count in that game?

the spread was 3 on that game.......it was 14 in the NC state game

Pitt was NOT the more talented team.
NCSU had better:
O line
Running backs
D line
Wide receivers
Tight end
Linebackers
Coaching

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT