ADVERTISEMENT

Talking about Pitt during Clemson game

Weavedog469

Scholarship
Dec 12, 2016
they are talking about what a terrible call Narduzzi made during the Clemson game. Bernie is like I couldn’t believe he kicked it

Reactions: SisadaPITT
Lol people who didn’t watch the game and how pathetic Pitt’s running game is. The decision was bad but there was definitely a high probability of Penn State stopping Pitt even if they did go for it.

The issue is the offensive line and non existent running game, that is where the anger should be directed.

Lol people who didn’t watch the game and how pathetic Pitt’s running game is. The decision was bad but there was definitely a high probability of Penn State stopping Pitt even if they did go for it.

The issue is the offensive line and non existent running game, that is where the anger should be directed.

While I agree that pitt's OL is bad and our running game is invisible,

That's not the issue with 1st and goal .

They have better players. They have better athletes. You dont try and beat them athletically,

You beat them straight up with will and heart.

Run straight at them. If they stop you, tip your hat.

But if you want it more than them you score there.

Reactions: gary2

They have better players. They have better athletes. You dont try and beat them athletically,

But they tried running straight at them all game and were stuffed the majority of the time. I don’t particularly care for passing the ball on the 1 yard line but Pitt’s options are limited with this abysmal running game

But they tried running straight at them all game and were stuffed the majority of the time. I don’t particularly care for passing the ball on the 1 yard line but Pitt’s options are limited with this abysmal running game

Na.

Had the zone read, and if Pickett gives it it's a TD. He ran really hard once he kept it, but it was the wrong read.

On the play action with two flats, both were wide open --- someone just missed their block and a free runner was on Pickett too fast. Someone just needed to slightly impede that Blitzer, just a touch and Pickett can easily toss that TD pass.

Point is you have am entire playbook, can get creative or change personnel --- doesn't have to be 3 tights ends, fullback straight ahead run.

Narduzzi coulda used the last time out there, and worked with Whipple and the offense to make a play choice. Like how they did on 4th and 1 earlier in that drive from the 50.

It would be near impossible for PSU or any team to stop 4 runs from the 1 yard line

It's very similar to the threads bitching about lack of adjustments. You can't adjust for the fact your ol can't run block. Well you can and it's throwing more. Which they have done. Similar to people saying that last year why don't they throw this screen or that screen. They tried they sucked passing last year. The coaches aren't as horrible as you think it's not that simple if you are really limited in one area. Canada wasn't awesome because he was the best play caller in history he was awesome because he had good players and a lot of Ballance good qb and rb good ol. It's easy to call plays when you have Ballance not so much when you have a strength but lots of weaknesses as well

In game break during Boise game on ESPN2 now. The studio guy called it "bizarre." Then the announcer said Narduzzi said he needed 2 scores to win and then said "2 point conversion, hello" and they started giggling. Narduzzi is literally a laughingstock.

Reactions: Nashville Panther
In game break during Boise game on ESPN2 now. The studio guy called it "bizarre." Then the announcer said Narduzzi said he needed 2 scores to win and then said "2 point conversion, hello" and they started giggling. Narduzzi is literally a laughingstock.

I know sports fans are known opportunity overstating things and blowing things out of proportion. However, with that decision- in today’s world- could really negatively impact his coaching. If the players and fans start to doubt him and he is treated like a goof in the national media- it will make his task of getting PItt back tougher. Sadly, Pitt is mostly not on the big stage and if what little attention they get is for this...

First down is the down that you have the best chance to score on from inside the 3. The defense has to sell out to stop the inside run so they are extremely vulnerable on the edges. Line the QB up under center with a tailback behind, play action to the tailback who dives off tackle to carry out the fake then slips into the flat just inside the goal line, Safety is inside and can’t get out there quick enough to cover. At same time QB comes out of the fake, rolls right and tosses it to the TB for an easy score. Works just about every time as long as it’s (1) on first down and (2) inside the 3. Also QB has to be under center to make the fake and spacing effective.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT