ADVERTISEMENT

TBT Zoo Crew vs Jackson Underdawgs

JD1976

Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2005
Levance, Gil Brown, McGhee, Biggs and Graves along with a few random guys taking on a group of guys from Jackson, TN. Down 29-26 late 2nd quarter in the first round. 7/10 game.

Refs allowing tons of contact. Graves has Jersey pulled and then fouled on arm

Reminds me also how fun fields was to watch.

Looks like the crew could use some shooters

Down 44-39 at half. Zoo Crew have to be one of the bigger teams in the tourney, but the quickness of this Jackson team is formidable. They play very aggressive D. Still fun watching Levance handle the rock and watching him shoot jumpers brings back some fun memories. His unique shooting form hasn’t changed a bit in 10 years.

Zoo Crew in trouble. Down 10 late 3rd. Not much offensive rhythm.

Dixon couldn't join until next weekend. Moot point.

Biggs missed too many bunnies . Brown and graves missed either wide open 3s or easy bunnies and for a team with serious size they were poor on the boards to say the least

Biggs missed too many bunnies . Brown and graves missed either wide open 3s or easy bunnies and for a team with serious size they were poor on the boards to say the least
Yep you nailed it. Even though the Jackson team was mostly guys that played small college basketball, you can tell they have played a lot of basketball together in recent times. I was really hoping to see the Crew take on Jimmer tomorrow, but oh well.

Yep you nailed it. Even though the Jackson team was mostly guys that played small college basketball, you can tell they have played a lot of basketball together in recent times. I was really hoping to see the Crew take on Jimmer tomorrow, but oh well.

I didn't realize that was GB's first game back from a torn ACL 18 months ago. He looked to be in good physical shape but his game was very rusty.

McGhee looked like a monster physically and plays at a high level in the Greek league. Also, Graves plays in Turkey, which is a good league. But those 2 didnt do much.

Fields had his moments but just didn't do enough. Its a lot to ask of him considerinf he hasnt played pro ball in 5 years or so.

Going forward, if these guys are going to keep doing this, they are going to need guys like Lamar Patterson, Mike Young, and Talib Zanna. But most importantly, the lack of a scoring guard hurts. Dixon never had a true scoring SG and its no wonder they had to bring in Ricky Harris from UMass.

I didn't realize that was GB's first game back from a torn ACL 18 months ago. He looked to be in good physical shape but his game was very rusty.

McGhee looked like a monster physically and plays at a high level in the Greek league. Also, Graves plays in Turkey, which is a good league. But those 2 didnt do much.

Fields had his moments but just didn't do enough. Its a lot to ask of him considerinf he hasnt played pro ball in 5 years or so.

Going forward, if these guys are going to keep doing this, they are going to need guys like Lamar Patterson, Mike Young, and Talib Zanna. But most importantly, the lack of a scoring guard hurts. Dixon never had a true scoring SG and its no wonder they had to bring in Ricky Harris from UMass.

Lack of a scoring guard has always hurt us.

Why not have Krausser, Patterson, Gray, Taft, Young, Robinson, Kendall, Gibbs, JJ Moore. This “street ball” type game I would think would be where guys like Krausser and Moore can dominate. If they make a call to Drew Schifino, there’s a good chance he would ball with them also.

Seems like they left a lot of talent potentially off the roster.

Why not have Krausser, Patterson, Gray, Taft, Young, Robinson, Kendall, Gibbs, JJ Moore. This “street ball” type game I would think would be where guys like Krausser and Moore can dominate. If they make a call to Drew Schifino, there’s a good chance he would ball with them also.

Seems like they left a lot of talent potentially off the roster.

Gibbs would have been nice. He played well in Belgium last year. Moore was in the D-league last time I checked so he could have helpled. Taft plays at the JCC so he's not up for TBT. Guys like Krauser, Gray, and others would be too out of shape.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT