ADVERTISEMENT

Terry Brands ......

goalieman

All P I T T !
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2002
- I think we all would love to have Terry Brands as our head wrestling coach.

- Events this week make me think that he is not coming to Pitt.

- My reasoning is that Terry's son, Nelson Brands, won his second Iowa state high school wrestling championship last weekend and then earlier this week Nelson verbally committed to the University of Iowa for wrestling.

- If Nelson is going to Iowa, Terry isn't going anywhere.

- I would think that if Terry was interested in coming to Pitt that Nelson would have held off on committing to Iowa until Terry made a decision..

- The one caveat is that Nelson is only a junior in high school so that he wouldn't start wrestling in college until the fall of 2018 ..... I don't know if there is a scenario where Terry would come to Pitt and Nelson would wrestle in Pa. next year and then come to Pitt ..... I would highly doubt that ..... I think Nelson goes to Iowa and Terry stays there ...... "thom67" any Iowa contacts that you can ask about this ?

- I think we all would love to have Terry Brands as our head wrestling coach.

- Events this week make me think that he is not coming to Pitt.

- My reasoning is that Terry's son, Nelson Brands, won his second Iowa state high school wrestling championship last weekend and then earlier this week Nelson verbally committed to the University of Iowa for wrestling.

- If Nelson is going to Iowa, Terry isn't going anywhere.

- I would think that if Terry was interested in coming to Pitt that Nelson would have held off on committing to Iowa until Terry made a decision..

- The one caveat is that Nelson is only a junior in high school so that he wouldn't start wrestling in college until the fall of 2018 ..... I don't know if there is a scenario where Terry would come to Pitt and Nelson would wrestle in Pa. next year and then come to Pitt ..... I would highly doubt that ..... I think Nelson goes to Iowa and Terry stays there ...... "thom67" any Iowa contacts that you can ask about this ?[/QUOTE

I could ask Terry, but no one is talking. My contacts are from Iowa. I doubt that Terry is coming to Pitt, but apparently he is/ was considered for the job. His son Nelson is potentially a great wrestler. He did not really start wrestling until 6-7th grade so he does have a great upside. A two time Iowa state champ who is improving a lot over the last couple of years. I assume he would come to Pitt if his Dad came to Pitt. Pitt would have to really up their interest in wrestling for Terry to come here(lots money). I just do not see that happening. The associate AD that is involved in selecting the new coach is from ISU so he does have Iowa ties and he should know how a good wrestling program works.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT