ADVERTISEMENT

The better team lost

Lol better than a garbage team with a back up garbage qb. Talk about moral victories

Pitt played like crap and was poorly coached. They didn’t deserve to win

Yeah, well we have a backup QB in as well, so what is your point.

Yes, Wake Forest was poorly coached, and should have lost. They had 100 yards in offense the first 3 quarters. Your hypocrisy is hilarious.

The refs stole the game, Veilleux had the first down, the game was over.

If you cant admit that, you are a lost cause.

Yes, Wake Forest was poorly coached, and should have lost. They had 100 yards in offense the first 3 quarters. Your hypocrisy is hilarious.

We just got beat by Santino Jabroni.

The end.

Reactions: pittbb80

He's the same spaz that ragged on Kenny Pickett for four years then disappeared from posting his final season.

Reactions: President Stache
Nah

Ur wrong (again)

Kid made a play when he had to.

He's a bum, but that bum was money at the right time.

Nah

You are wrong again (even your spelling was wrong)

Kid sucked, looked bad, we picked 2 off, should have been 3 without another bad call,

You are a whiner, and a hypocrite. If that was our team stats, you would be ripping that QB and their HC

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
Lol better than a garbage team with a back up garbage qb. Talk about moral victories

Pitt played like crap and was poorly coached. They didn’t deserve to win
Pitt did play poorly and was poorly coached.....and they lost because of one shitty call by an ACC ref......those things are not mutually exclusive.

Reactions: rpastir
Nah

You are wrong again (even your spelling was wrong)

Kid sucked, looked bad, we picked 2 off, should have been 3 without another bad call,

You are a whiner, and a hypocrite. If that was our team stats, you would be ripping that QB and their HC
So, the kid didnt make a play when he had to?

You couldn't build a mediocre team out of the pieces from both these teams. This was a horrible game. Both teams deserve a L. If one team has to win, it was fitting that Wake won as they did.

Reactions: cashisking884
We just got beat by Santino Jabroni.

The end.

This one ranks up there. I thought the biggest jobber QB to beat Pitt was DJ Hernandez, who was such an excellent QB he was switched to WR the following year. I think that UCONN loss was worse, but this one was a very very close 2nd.

#3 of jabroni QB's to beat a Pittsburgh team would be the Stillers losing to Terrelle Pryor and the raiders.

Unfortunately, we didn't have more points because our coaches didn't want us to.

Our coaches? what does that mean? We threw the ball 45 times. We won the game, we did what it took to win the game. Every single game both teams make mistakes, but the one call by the refs cost the game... period

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
Our coaches? what does that mean? We threw the ball 45 times. We won the game, we did what it took to win the game. Every single game both teams make mistakes, but the one call by the refs cost the game... period
I'm sure you watched the game and can figure out what it means. We had numerous chances to get up 2 or even 3 scores on them and didn't because the coaches will not open it up. They cling to the dumb ass idea that a 3rd string quarterback can't score on our defense, like we are the 85 Bears or something. They should have learned a lesson this evening but, they won't because they are stubborn rock heads.

To quote Bo Schembechler

Not that we looked great, but we were far better than Wake. That was a joke of officiating at the end.
like arguing which was the better car, the AMC Gremlin or the AMC Pacer.

Both were terrible, neither one mattered much within their industry.

Reactions: pittbb80
No we didnt, their QB had 150 yards passing, 2 INTs, one td (which wasnt)

We got beat by the refs

The end
With those stats PITT should have been up by 14 at the time of the "slide" but the coaches and very offensive play calling kept the game to where the "slide" cost the game. Don't forget the bad punt afterwards.

Skinny post was there all game (not just Means) along with any hitch-and-go. Incessant need to throw 2 - yard - outs with the wideout getting clobbered is all on the OC/HC trying not to lose. Mentioned in an other thread Duzz said afterward that in today’s game you HAVE to score more than 17. Duh. Get an OC who can attain that. It’s also a veiled effort to exonerate his vaunted D. D sucked given the opponent.

Narduzzi's vaunted defense allowed the "poorly coached team" to drive for the winning td with less than 60 seconds on the clock. What does that tell you? To continue to blame the Refs. Cignetti, Jurkovic etc while excusing Gym Coach Pat is ridiculous. Pitt is an undisciplined poorly coached team lacking in talent. The players are a mirror image of their Coach.

With those stats PITT should have been up by 14 at the time of the "slide" but the coaches and very offensive play calling kept the game to where the "slide" cost the game. Don't forget the bad punt afterwards.

Yeah, I cant stand Cignetti either, and will never tell argue with you on that. I said all game we should have opened up the middle of the field, it was open all game for the intermediate range balls
But, you cant deny that Veilleux just wasnt great during that time, it wasnt just on Cignetti, he missed a lot of receivers and made some odd choices, seemed fixated on Means.

But anyways, I really cant stand how people say we didnt win because we didnt do enough here and there. Wake Forest did nothing also. You cant tell me Wake Forest didnt deserve to lose too. Both teams had major issues, sure we "gave" them the win with our crappy punting, but fact is we should have won the game if not for some dumb choices that had nothing to do with the coaches

The records going in were 3-3 vs 2-4. Guess which was which.

yeah, as I mentioned. Certainly was hard to tell huh? We certainly looked better than we did with Jurkovec at qb, but also pretty obvious that Veilleux needs some work. Id rather have our team than Wake's though.

Neither team was the better team since both teams sucked pretty bad. Neither deserved the win. You can't tell me that a 2 win team at the end of the year is better than anyone. That's what Pitt will probably have at the end of the season....2 wins, one against an FCS team.

Skinny post was there all game (not just Means) along with any hitch-and-go. Incessant need to throw 2 - yard - outs with the wideout getting clobbered is all on the OC/HC trying not to lose.

As I said in the game thread, our favorite play yesterday was the five yard out.

After you throw as many as we did, it should have opened things up for some sort of double move. And maybe it did, but we'll never know.

Reactions: Large Panther
Can you please tell me why he didn’t run for the first down and go out of bounds? There would’ve been 49 seconds and two timeouts. Yes, the clock is stopped for first down. CV takes 2 knees and there would be approximately 45 seconds. On third down take another knee and by the time that they wind down the clock there might not have been enough time or tell Junko to just kick it out of bounds. Just my two cents.

As I said in the game thread, our favorite play yesterday was the five yard out.

After you throw as many as we did, it should have opened things up for some sort of double move. And maybe it did, but we'll never know.
Yea. I didn’t see all of the game but did see 3 consecutive to Means. I thought certainly they’re trying to set something up here but alas……

The corners were 10 yards off the line just letting us have those little outs, so I get taking what’s being given. But your second paragraph is 100% true. I thought we’d try to set something up over the top after about 5 of those. I also had the feeling Wake was setting up to jump one of those little outside underneath routes and take it the other way. Not sure why you’d play so far off the outside receivers all game and not even try to do that, they can’t have been too worried about the deep ball, but they never really even tried.

Thought this was a relevant place to put this chart… Wake Forest won despite having a “negative success rate” on Saturday. :(

• Angry
Reactions: PittAU
Thought this was a relevant place to put this chart… Wake Forest won despite having a “negative success rate” on Saturday. :(
I'm just amazed at how bad we were Saturday. I'm not going to blame the refs. Pitt, and only Pitt, put themselves in the position to lose.

The Third & Short running was quite literally, pathetic. Not average, not kind of ok, not bad; PATHETIC.

The penalties were a joke. Such stupid penalties, 13 for over 100 yards officially but, Wake declined one. Up until that last drive for Wake I think we had one fewer yard of penalty yards than Wake had passing.

The game-sealing INT was great, until undisciplined acts gave us two personal fouls and set the stage for the idiotic slide when nobody was going to hit QB11. Behind the bench, while the offending DB3 was banging his helmet on the ground, others on our team were strutting like peacocks and taunting the Wake fans. All while disaster was about to strike. Well done fellas.

I was sincerely hoping OC Cig would call another Quick Out. I was fully expecting one to get jumped and returned for a TD.

QB11 did throw a lot of really nice passes, when plays were called to go down field. But, he also threw too many that looked like practice throws that were fades to the back corner of the end zone. He lacked a sense of urgency on too many throws.

Punting was terrible. Terrible.

In the end, Pitt Happens, again. I can't wait until the next banquet where we hear how awesome everything is and how we have the greatest coaches, facilities, administration etc etc. Just give more money you cheap Jagoff! That will allow us to allow the football program to, as soon as you get to feeling optimistic, kick you in the nuts, again.

I'm just amazed at how bad we were Saturday. I'm not going to blame the refs. Pitt, and only Pitt, put themselves in the position to lose.

The Third & Short running was quite literally, pathetic. Not average, not kind of ok, not bad; PATHETIC.

The penalties were a joke. Such stupid penalties, 13 for over 100 yards officially but, Wake declined one. Up until that last drive for Wake I think we had one fewer yard of penalty yards than Wake had passing.

The game-sealing INT was great, until undisciplined acts gave us two personal fouls and set the stage for the idiotic slide when nobody was going to hit QB11. Behind the bench, while the offending DB3 was banging his helmet on the ground, others on our team were strutting like peacocks and taunting the Wake fans. All while disaster was about to strike. Well done fellas.

I was sincerely hoping OC Cig would call another Quick Out. I was fully expecting one to get jumped and returned for a TD.

QB11 did throw a lot of really nice passes, when plays were called to go down field. But, he also threw too many that looked like practice throws that were fades to the back corner of the end zone. He lacked a sense of urgency on too many throws.

In the end, Pitt Happens, again. I can't wait until the next banquet where we hear how awesome everything is and how we have the greatest coaches, facilities, administration etc etc. Just give more money you cheap Jagoff! That will allow us to allow the football program to, as soon as you get to feeling optimistic, kick you in the nuts, again.
LOL, “Pitt Happens.” It’s funny because it’s true.
tenor.gif

Reactions: PittAU

Thank you. This pretty much sums up the game on Saturday and the attitude that the Pitt sports department has. Just keep giving the money to them and, in effect, dumping it down the black hole of Pitt sports, never to be seen again. They're pathetic, all of them. Frankly, I'm not interested in their lame excuses and coach-speak. They're being paid a lot of money, coaches AND players, to win. STFU if you're not winning. Do your jobs!

Reactions: Jim Z and PittAU
As for the title of this thread, there was no "better" team on Saturday. To be better, you have to have some semblance of being even a little bit good. Neither team was that. Both are pathetic as are their coaching staffs.

Oh, and another thing!

I'm so glad we have all issues with football figured out so we can spend energy on stupid uniform reveals and taking away one of the most recognizable uniforms in college football.

Our uniforms, when using the traditional combos, are wonderful. People turn on a game and they say, "hey, it's Pitt". I get that the apparel companies have a say in this garbage but, can't we just ask them to leave well enough alone.

Our uniforms are great, so of course, let's throw them away.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬👎🤷‍♂️

Reactions: HailToPitt1985
Neither team was the better team since both teams sucked pretty bad. Neither deserved the win. You can't tell me that a 2 win team at the end of the year is better than anyone. That's what Pitt will probably have at the end of the season....2 wins, one against an FCS team.

Of course a team was better

More yards, more sacks, better offense, better defense... whether either team is awesome, of course not, but Pitt was the better team. A bad call cost the game

• Haha
Of course a team was better

More yards, more sacks, better offense, better defense... whether either team is awesome, of course not, but Pitt was the better team. A bad call cost the game
That better defense let a team go right through them in no time flat. Piss poor coaching lost that game. If they were truly better it would never have come down to a referee's call.

That better defense let a team go right through them in no time flat. Piss poor coaching lost that game. If they were truly better it would never have come down to a referee's call.

These jabronis on here will always blame something else....a bad call, the weather, someone's dog is sick....for Pitt losing. Pitt lost because they sucked on both sides of the ball in all phases of the game except maybe place kicking. And you are 100% correct when you said that it should never come down to a referee's call if Pitt were the better team. But common sense escapes many on here.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT