ADVERTISEMENT

The Douchery that is FSU

pittmeister

Assistant Coach
May 26, 2010
Let’s again review:

*Publicly cries that they want to leave the conference to make more money. They say they can’t compete without it, even though they had more money than any other team in the ACC.

*Tries to rally other ACC teams to join their cause and break the GOR (Magnificent Seven).

*When that loses steam they remain defiant and tries to extort more money from the other members.

*When that loses steam, they throw another tantrum and voted against adding new teams to the ACC.

I don’t know about you, but I am celebrating their misfortune!

And please don’t tell me that this hurts the ACC. They don’t care about anyone but themselves. They will leave whether they made the playoffs or not. This will not effect their decision either way…

I hope they get trampled in their bowl game!

Two things can be simultaneously correct...they are douche bags and screwed out of the playoffs at the same time. And this does hurt the ACC...we lose the extra playoff money and it gives fsu more incentive to leave the conference which both aspects hurts pitt.

Let’s again review:

*Publicly cries that they want to leave the conference to make more money. They say they can’t compete without it, even though they had more money than any other team in the ACC.

*Tries to rally other ACC teams to join their cause and break the GOR (Magnificent Seven).

*When that loses steam they remain defiant and tries to extort more money from the other members.

*When that loses steam, they throw another tantrum and voted against adding new teams to the ACC.

And please don’t tell me that this hurts the ACC. They don’t care about anyone but themselves. They will leave whether they made the playoffs or not. This will not effect their decision either way…

Has there ever been anything honorable or likable about FSU?

Reactions: NKSplitter
Two things can be simultaneously correct...they are douche bags and screwed out of the playoffs at the same time. And this does hurt the ACC...we lose the extra playoff money and it gives fsu more incentive to leave the conference which both aspects hurts pitt.
I understand your point, however don’t kid yourself. They are going to eventually leave no matter what. It will never be enough money.

Reactions: ThePanthers
If everyone were honest, they would know that this hurts the ACC. The conference puts forth an undefeated member and it gets snubbed over 2 1-loss teams. There is no way to spin that it doesn't look bad for the conference.

Let’s again review:

This justifies all the foot stomping. Part of me even thinks they were in on it as part of their exit plan. And it absolutely makes the ACC look like mud. Zero chance this would ever happen to the big 2. Zero.

Reactions: pbrad and 303vND
This justifies all the foot stomping. Part of me even thinks they were in on it as part of their exit plan. And it absolutely makes the ACC look like mud. Zero chance this would ever happen to the big 2. Zero.
Lowering your value and making yourself look even more desperate isn't exactly the kind of gamesmanship you see from smart organizations. If they are carrying the ACC and worth as much as they believe, the TV people are tripping over themselves to get them in the playoff.

Lowering your value and making yourself look even more desperate isn't exactly the kind of gamesmanship you see from smart organizations. If they are carrying the ACC and worth as much as they believe, the TV people are tripping over themselves to get them in the playoff.
Again, they can be worth as much as they believe, and still miss the playoffs, for the reason that other schools can also be worth that amount as well.

Does it? IF Travis is not hurt, they are in 100%.

And this all goes away next year as the ACC champ will be in regardless.

Reactions: CJsE
With all due respect, it should. Ohio State had a third string QB in 2014 and they were still invited. Why? because they are a top tier national brand that brings in viewers. FSU is not the top tier brand they think they are and they need to stop blaming the conference.

All things being fair, should FSU been invited? Yes. Do I feel bad for them? HELL NO.

With all due respect, it should. Ohio State had a third string in 2014 and they were still invited. Why? because they are a top tier national brand that brings in viewers. FSU is not the top tier brand they think they are and they need to stop blaming the conference.

All things being fair, should FSU been invited? Yes. Do I feel bad for them? HELL NO.
The conference is 100% to blame.

With all due respect, it should. Ohio State had a third string QB in 2014 and they were still invited. Why? because they are a top tier national brand that brings in viewers. FSU is not the top tier brand they think they are and they need to stop blaming the conference.

Eh, if FSUs 3rd string QB went out and throttled Louisville 57-0 or whatever, I think they'd be in. Instead he looked like a deer in headlights.

But people that are blaming them being in the ACC as the reason for being left out are wrong IMO as well.

Reactions: CJsE and 303vND
How is FSU's membership with the ACC to blame for them not being invited? Cincinnati was invited a few years ago as members of the AAC. FSU needs to look in the mirror and grasp reality.
If you remember, were supposed to have a 12 team playoff this year. It was spearheaded a couple of years ago by the SEC after the addition of Texas & OU.
Out of spite, or some stupid ass reason, ACC leadership wasn't going in on that. Instead, we formed this silly ass thing called "THE ALLIANCE" with the Big 10, and Pac-12 because... well, we just couldn't stand by and let the big bad SEC be the driving force behind the sport of college football.

But no worries - No need for a contract or anything. Just a gentleman's agreement between the ACC, Pac-12, and Big 10. It's all good.

So embarrassing.

Eh, if FSUs 3rd string QB went out and throttled Louisville 57-0 or whatever, I think they'd be in. Instead he looked like a deer in headlights.

But people that are blaming them being in the ACC as the reason for being left out are wrong IMO as well.
You're right. But unfortunately for them, they didn't. They are not one of the best 4 teams right now.

My overall point is that FSU is getting karma for the way they have conducted business.

Reactions: ThePanthers

That's not the point I was making. The other poster claims that missing the playoffs means Florida St's media is less than they estimate. It does not. This is not a binary situation.

I'll give you 57-0 for sure. But what if Michigans QB was hurt and they squeaked by Iowa. Are they in? Of course. Anyone not named Clemson in the ACC gets screwed.

Reactions: NCPitt

The performance of the 3rd string QB was totally irrelevant since he won't be the starter in any more post-season games. The committee knew about the QB situation before the weekend and chose to keep FSU in the top 4. Nothing changed about the QB situation over the weekend. The only thing that changed was that Alabama became the SEC champ with 1 loss. They were getting a seat at the table because the SEC > ACC in the committee's eyes. They then HAD to drag Texas in because they beat Alabama. The FSU QB story became an excuse to exclude the ACC over the SEC. I might believe otherwise had they dropped FSU after Travis' injury.

Do you think that maybe the 3rd string QB dropping 59 had anything to do with it? At all? Had FSU blown out UF and Lou, they'd be in. But they looked like Iowa.

The performance of the 3rd string QB was totally irrelevant since he won't be the starter in any more post-season games. The committee knew about the QB situation before the weekend and chose to keep FSU in the top 4. Nothing changed about the QB situation over the weekend. The only thing that changed was that Alabama became the SEC champ with 1 loss. They were getting a seat at the table because the SEC > ACC in the committee's eyes. They then HAD to drag Texas in because they beat Alabama. The FSU QB story became an excuse to exclude the ACC over the SEC. I might believe otherwise had they dropped FSU after Travis' injury.

That brings up a good point. I honestly think, if Georgia wins, the top 4 would be: Georgia, Michigan, Washington, FSU, the 4 undefeated P5 teams, and Texas is on the outside looking in.

Reactions: NCPitt and PITT 76
Not sure. We'll never know for sure but being undefeated didn't matter in the scenario that played out.

I think it would have been the easy way out for the selection committee on the last time they had to choose four teams, and woudl have focused on being undefeated. That's how inconsistent they are.

Reactions: pbrad
Does it? IF Travis is not hurt, they are in 100%.

And this all goes away next year as the ACC champ will be in regardless.
They still we undefeated and next year the number 3 big and SEC team will get in over the ACC champ.

Do you think that maybe the 3rd string QB dropping 59 had anything to do with it? At all? Had FSU blown out UF and Lou, they'd be in. But they looked like Iowa.
In hind site they needed to score more. This will cause teams to really pour it on. Wins will only matter if you win big or are in the big or SEC.

In hind site they needed to score more. This will cause teams to really pour it on. Wins will only matter if you win big or are in the big or SEC.

Of course they needed to. They shouldn't have kneeled on it late. Even the announcer said they needed style points but a late TD still doesn't help I dont think

The thing is, they've been very consistent about unbeaten P5's.

Every year isnt the same. In other years, this FSU team without Travis would have gotten in at 12-1. You had 2 other undefeated P5s, a 1 loss SEC champ, and a 1 loss B12 champ who beat that champ. Throw in the injury and everything that could have gone wrong did.

Every year isnt the same. In other years, this FSU team without Travis would have gotten in at 12-1. You had 2 other undefeated P5s, a 1 loss SEC champ, and a 1 loss B12 champ who beat that champ. Throw in the injury and everything that could have gone wrong did.
Not sure what your point is. I was responding to a comment about the inconsistency of the committee and they were pretty ironclad in rewarding undefeated teams until yesterday. I mean, they put Cincinnati in the CFP.

Of course they needed to. They shouldn't have kneeled on it late. Even the announcer said they needed style points but a late TD still doesn't help I dont think
Points scored by a QB who won't play were irrelevant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT