ADVERTISEMENT

The genius that is Brennan Marion

Here's the reason I say Eli is more important:

1. A really good QB can win even with a bad OC. I am not sure a really good OC can win with a bad QB. Need to keep both though.
Eli would not look anywhere close to what he does now if Frank Cignetti was the OC.

It’s the system that makes Eli go. Put in Yarnell and I am pretty confident this offense still scores a lot of points.

Imagine how good this offensive system could be with a above average offensive line

Reactions: Atilla Cosby
Eli would not look anywhere close to what he does now if Frank Cignetti was the OC.

It’s the system that makes Eli go. Put in Yarnell and I am pretty confident this offense still scores a lot of points.

Imagine how good this offensive system could be with a above average offensive line

Put in Yarnell instead of Eli & Pitt is 2-2., imo. That's the bottom line.

Literally any QB & OC combo running any style of offense would put up a shit-ton of points against Kent & YSU.

Reactions: pittbb80
Put in Yarnell instead of Eli & Pitt is 2-2., imo. That's the bottom line.

Literally any QB & OC combo running any style of offense would put up a shit-ton of points against Kent & YSU.

That's assuming Yarnell would have been awful for 2 5 quarters at Cincinnati. I'm not sure that would of been the case.

Last edited:
I see it the other way. Even a good QB isn’t gonna have much success in a bad scheme, but a mediocre QB who can execute a good scheme is gonna have some success.

Fortunately, we currently have both for only the second time in a while.

We can agree to disagree. The way I see it is that the QB position is the most important position in all of team sports and by far. We still have 2/3 of a season to play out but if Eli really is a very good college QB and Kade really is a very good, and you can only pay 1, I would keep the QB because I think a good QB is harder to find. I believe talent is more important than coaching.

People bring up Cignetti but he had a QB who literally had the Yips. With a very good college QB, we probably go 9-3 last year.

Why do Yarnell's name always show up on these boards?. Pitt has a QB who 1) has over 1000 yds, 2 (14) tds 12 passing 2) rushing, 3) has won freshman player of the week 4 times in 4 games, 4) led the team to it first ever undefeated OOC and first 4 and 0 start since 2000, 5) first ever back to back come from behind by at least 2 scores in the 4 quarter.

Im sorry, Yarnell's name should not be mentioned anymore. What is wrong with some of you. After a start like this and all you all want to do is bring Yarnell's name up, or talk about, some kind of weakness on the team, or they havent played anyone, but then talk about how strong some other team is in a major conference and most of those teams has not played any team with a pulse. You people are so miserable.

Reactions: Atilla Cosby
We can agree to disagree. The way I see it is that the QB position is the most important position in all of team sports and by far. We still have 2/3 of a season to play out but if Eli really is a very good college QB and Kade really is a very good, and you can only pay 1, I would keep the QB because I think a good QB is harder to find. I believe talent is more important than coaching.

People bring up Cignetti but he had a QB who literally had the Yips. With a very good college QB, we probably go 9-3 last year.
To be fair, Bell has had extreme success offensively with 4 or 5 different QBs now. That's why, if pressed, I take Bell. He's the constant.

Reactions: sherepower
To be fair, Bell has had extreme success offensively with 4 or 5 different QBs now. That's why, if pressed, I take Bell. He's the constant.

You may be right. Also, you would think Bell would be able to recruit a good Eli replacement. I just have PTSD from Tino, Max Browne, Dinucci, Slovis, and Phil, that I would take a QB over all else. Credit to Narduzzi though. If we have a great season, Narduzzi would maybe have made one of the best hires in recent college football history.

I like Nate a lot but he’s not near as good as Eli in terms of pocket presence and movement in the pocket and scrambling. I also don’t think Nate’s arm is quite as strong

But yeah this offense helps maximize Eli’s talent

Eli won’t be sticking around if Bell moves on. Good news is I think both will be around for a minimum of another year

I also don’t think Bell moves for another coordinator job. He either goes to the NFL or gets a college HC Gig. So I think he’ll be back for 1-2 years as well

Eli won’t be sticking around if Bell moves on. Good news is I think both will be around for a minimum of another year

I also don’t think Bell moves for another coordinator job. He either goes to the NFL or gets a college HC Gig. So I think he’ll be back for 1-2 years as well
Yeah. I more so see NFL than anything else in his future. In interviews, he's talked about his obsession with the NFL.

Why do Yarnell's name always show up on these boards?. Pitt has a QB who 1) has over 1000 yds, 2 (14) tds 12 passing 2) rushing, 3) has won freshman player of the week 4 times in 4 games, 4) led the team to it first ever undefeated OOC and first 4 and 0 start since 2000, 5) first ever back to back come from behind by at least 2 scores in the 4 quarter.

Im sorry, Yarnell's name should not be mentioned anymore. What is wrong with some of you. After a start like this and all you all want to do is bring Yarnell's name up, or talk about, some kind of weakness on the team, or they havent played anyone, but then talk about how strong some other team is in a major conference and most of those teams has not played any team with a pulse. You people are so miserable.
You must be retarded! I was responding to the poster who said if it came down to Eli or Bell. He would take Eli. I said it’s the system. Which IN MY OPINION MAKES BELL more important.

I can’t get over how these board police are so sensitive on a Pitt message board. Seriously, go in the corner and play with your Barbie dolls

You must be retarded! I was responding to the poster who said if it came down to Eli or Bell. He would take Eli. I said it’s the system. Which IN MY OPINION MAKES BELL more important.

I can’t get over how these board police are so sensitive on a Pitt message board. Seriously, go in the corner and play with your Barbie dolls
I am a grown man is what I am. My point is mentioning Yarnell as like he could do the same thing. You mentioned Yarnell. Again, you are giving no credit to what Holstein has done. As you say, it was in response to another post of who is most important between Bell and Holstein. Its ignorant to think any QB could do the same because of the offense.

Your first response was to bring Yarnell in the conversation. Like most other posters, who believe the same. You call me the board police? Im not policing anything. Im pointing out that for so called Pitt fans, you all come on and debate about losing a coach or player because of NIL, a pick on any small problem instead if enjoying the moment.

Fans always talk about SOP, but it should be SOF.

I actually did forget that when I wrote this. Thanks for reminding me.

Then it's not going to happen. This is what, over 40 years since we had good booster money? It's not gonna start now.

The university needs to figure out how to funnel big money to the nil stuff. Nobody else is going to do it. Bickell and his big money friends can.

Or, why can't upmc pay for it and the university reimburse them using some Jeffrey Skilling accounting methods? Or not reimburse them at all and use it for marketing?

Virginia passed a law in the spring that allowed universities to directly pay players, with no ability for the ncaa to stop them. That's where this needs to end.
Tap into the $5 billion endowment. What are the restrictions on something like that? BTW, Stanford endowment is like $36 billion

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT