ADVERTISEMENT

The Man Who 'Made' Jurkovec ...

the link doesnt work. but not getting your point? He was a really good high school football coach. he could have been a respectable hire at the asst level.

because Jurk sucks as a 26 year old man doesnt really reflect poorly on his high school coach 6 years ago, does it?

i'll be honest though, i havent seen what Eric K has been up to recently. quick search says he is coaching mars and is 3-1. beating up on beaver county schools. looks like they did get their hides handed to them by good ol Pine Richland though..

the link doesnt work. but not getting your point? He was a really good high school football coach. he could have been a respectable hire at the asst level.

because Jurk sucks as a 26 year old man doesnt really reflect poorly on his high school coach 6 years ago, does it?

i'll be honest though, i havent seen what Eric K has been up to recently.
At Mars.

Like I said at the time, is Pitt so bad that they have to hire new assistant coaches from the high school ranks?

At Mars.

Like I said at the time, is Pitt so bad that they have to hire assistant coaches from high schools?
major college programs have been hiring successful high school coaches for the last 60 years. this isnt a new thing. a thousand examples of this working...

is it really that much better to hire a coordinator from bucknell? go watch a bucknell football game, the talent in a wpial game is better, and more fans too.

for the record, we hired Joe Moore from Upper St. Clair. probably the best OL coach in the history of college football.

Not sure what the OP has against Kasperowicz, but this thread is beyond stupid. Phil struggling 5 years, 3 schools and how many coaches and offenses removed from PR says nothing about EK as a coach. The guy won four WPIAL titles and two state titles. I don’t think that alone means he should have been hired by Narduzzi, but Phil’s struggles sure as hell wouldn’t be a reason against it.

The idea that Kasperowicz was worthy of being hired on the Pitt staff.
Dude what are you talking about. How on God's green earth does this hold any relevance what so ever to the current state of affairs?
Animated GIF

Not sure what the OP has against Kasperowicz, but this thread is beyond stupid. Phil struggling 5 years, 3 schools and how many coaches and offenses removed from PR says nothing about EK as a coach. The guy won four WPIAL titles and two state titles. I don’t think that alone means he should have been hired by Narduzzi, but Phil’s struggles sure as hell wouldn’t be a reason against it.
Kasperowicz was praising his boy as recently as December, talking about all Phil's skills and intangibles. And this is the guy some people wanted as an assistant coach. So you're saying you would prefer to be stuck with Narduzzi, Cigs AND Kasperowicz? Wow. OK then.

I think there was a measure of sympathy to a Pitt guy who had gotten unfairly reamed by a bunch of ungrateful and uber-woke school board ninnies. Duz gave him a largely symbolic GA type position until he could regroup and find something else in the high school ranks.

It was somewhat similar to a widely popular gesture (then and now) that the Steelers did, hiring Tom Bradley.

Of course, one of those two, per sworn court testimony, was in the PsU showers witnessing anal rape and neither doing anything to stop nor reporting it; and the other one was Eric Kasperowicz

Kasperowicz was praising his boy as recently as December, talking about all Phil's skills and intangibles. And this is the guy some people wanted as an assistant coach. So you're saying you would prefer to be stuck with Narduzzi, Cigs AND Kasperowicz? Wow. OK then.
No, I’m saying you’re a moron with some axe to grind. Kasperowicz was praising one of his former players. That makes him the same as any coach out there. It doesn’t mean he should be on Pitt’s staff or not. A rational person could make that distinction.

Big Kasp guy here and witnessed his coaching first hand at PR. Being able to win WITH Phil makes my opinion of him even higher.

At Mars.

Like I said at the time, is Pitt so bad that they have to hire new assistant coaches from the high school ranks?
huh????

I certainly hope Pitt would hire the best person for any job instead of shoe-horning someone that has to be a retread from somewhere else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT