ADVERTISEMENT

The Mighty B1G....

ShipofFools

Freshman
Feb 25, 2021
Continue to show their true colors in the bowls. Iowa getting skunked by Tennessee 35-0 in the 4th qtr. 3 of their top 4 teams will have lost their bowl game with Michigan having a date with Alabama today.

Fixed it.

Last edited:
The SEC is far and away the best overall football conference and it isn’t even close.
s-l1200.webp

The B10 is much closer to the ACC and B12 than it is the SEC. OSU and Michigan are legit Top 5-10 programs. PSU is probably Top 20ish. After that, none of their teams are any better than a rando ACC or B12 team
In fact ACC went 4-3 vs Big10 this year

If you take out OSU, Mich, and PSU and the ACC Top 3, the ACC is better.
I would agree. But who is the ACC top 3 though? Clemson, FSU, and Miami? FSU was absolute dog shit for the better part of a decade prior to the last two seasons. Miami hasn't done dick for years either (outside of losing to Pitt in their inaugural turnover chain year) and lost to Rutgers last week.

For all of the bitching and moaning FSU does about the ACC, they haven't held up their end of bargain. And neither has Miami or North Carolina. The middling ACC programs and the should be dregs like Wake have done just fine.

Reactions: cbpitt2
I see the Big 10 with two teams in the championship game. While they stunk it up in the meaningless games they beat two SEC teams in the semis.

Based on next year's alignment.

Reactions: cbpitt2
I see the Big 10 with two teams in the championship game. While they stunk it up in the meaningless games they beat two SEC teams in the semis.

As you said, those alignments start next year. They don’t get credit for making it this year.

I was happy to see Bama and Texas knocked off, F the SEC and the rest of the ten-gallon, redneck, southern hillbilly SEC :)

As you said, those alignments start next year. They don’t get credit for making it this year.

Eh. Good for Washington to cash in but they arent sustainable. Will be your typical 8-4/7-5 program in the B10 eventually.

Eh. Good for Washington to cash in but they arent sustainable. Will be your typical 8-4/7-5 program in the B10 eventually.
Washington has a good roster right now and a great QB and WR combo. As you said, credit to them for cashing in because Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Jayden Daniels, and Bo Nix were all sitting at home and they're arguably four of the top five QBs in this year's draft.

Washington has a good roster right now and a great QB and WR combo. As you said, credit to them for cashing in because Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Jayden Daniels, and Bo Nix were all sitting at home and they're arguably four of the top five QBs in this year's draft.

Meanwhile, Duzz couldn't get a stop on D to beat Western Michigan or Tyler Van Dyke

But they get validation of their decision to destroy an athletic conference to bolster their own; and that kind of validation doesn't happen by having two current conference members in the title game.

But they get validation of their decision to destroy an athletic conference to bolster their own; and that kind of validation doesn't happen by having two current conference members in the title game.
The only validation they need is the numbers they get from the TV contracts because those are the only numbers that matter for conference realignment.

Definitely cheering for the PAC 12 to win it all this year which, as it currently stands and will stand until the end of this academic year, is a relatively regional conference. I don't want to see the megaconferences succeed, as inevitable as that might be.

Reactions: Burgh15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT