ADVERTISEMENT

The Mullet in some hot water over t-shirt

For the same reason why AB lost his job despite still being one of the better WR's. Even is you are better than others, the moment you are more of a distraction than you are worth, your gone. Kapernick was fastly becoming the latest Jim McMahon/Doug Flutie/RG3. All had fantastic few years but quickly lost what made them special and became back ups. People don't think of Kapernick that way because he forced out so people don't have that image of him sitting the bench. They view him as a hero. Which is fine, but that still don't change reality.

I mean...our point was that players very famously face consequences for their public political speech, therefore, coaches should be held to the same standard. You seem to be agreeing with us by saying that Kaepernick was sent packing by the entire NFL because he "became a distraction" and not because he wasn't better than at least half of the QBs in the league.

Your insistence about this being a thing "men" do and your shot at teenage girls is moronic. Talking to someone about their problems face to face is an adult thing, not something limited to the realm of men. And anyone who has been around teenage boys AND girls (or our president) know that running to social media or talking behind someone's back is something men and women do.

This wasn't just one kid. Did you miss all the teammates who came out and supported him?

Supporting someone doesn't make them right either... One voice spoke up and the sheep followed him...
Yeah, it's "fascism" when black football players don't want their coach to support a company that calls a movement to stop police brutality against black people a "farce." Real Fourth Reich stuff. The unpaid college athletes are going to put us all in camps!

More idiocy.... Let's get back to the bigger picture...Maybe that will help you...

Below is the name of the victim, the city/state where the death occurred, and the political party in charge of the police at the time…
  • Rayshard Brooks – Atlanta, GA – Democrat
  • George Floyd – Minneapolis, MN – Democrat
  • Breonna Taylor – Louisville, KY – Democrat
  • Manuel Ellis – Tacoma, WA – Democrat
  • Atatiana Jefferson – Fort Worth, TX – Republican
  • Javier Ambler – Austin, TX – Democrat
  • Tony McDade – Tallahassee, FL – Democrat
  • Dion Johnson – Phoenix, AZ – Democrat
  • Jemel Roberson – Chicago, IL – Democrat
  • Botham Jean – Dallas, TX – Democrat
  • Stephon Clark – Sacramento, CA – Democrat
  • Jordan Edwards – Dallas, TX – Democrat
  • Eric Garner – NY, NY – Democrat
  • Laquan McDonald – Chicago, IL – Democrat
  • John Crawford, Beavercreek, OH – Republican
  • Freddie Gray – Baltimore, MD – Democrat
Out of those 16 names, 14 happened in cities or towns where a Democrat is in charge of the police department.

No one is stopping any of those cities from instituting police reforms … other than the Democrats who refuse to institute police reforms. Let's blame Trump! He's been in office almost 4 years!!!!

Instead, let's worry about the shirt that hurt and offended some snowflake football player...

Every leading conservative condemned the unjust killing of George Floyd. It was a great opportunity for national unity. Instead the Leftist and their mind numbed followers saw this as an opportunity to cause division and mayhem.

I asked you a question... If you wear a shirt that has the US flag on it and some snowflake tells you take it off because it offends them, what are you going to do????? Are you going to take it off? This is going to happen in the very near future....

You are the typical liberal.... Your eyes are closed. Your mind is numb. Let's keep doing what we're doing for the last 60 years in the inner city....

Supporting someone doesn't make them right either... One voice spoke up and the sheep followed him...

More idiocy.... Let's get back to the bigger picture...Maybe that will help you...

Below is the name of the victim, the city/state where the death occurred, and the political party in charge of the police at the time…
Out of those 16 names, 14 happened in cities or towns where a Democrat is in charge of the police department.

No one is stopping any of those cities from instituting police reforms … other than the Democrats who refuse to institute police reforms. Let's blame Trump! He's been in office almost 4 years!!!!

Instead, let's worry about the shirt that hurt and offended some snowflake football player...

Every leading conservative condemned the unjust killing of George Floyd. It was a great opportunity for national unity. Instead the Leftist and their mind numbed followers saw this as an opportunity to cause division and mayhem.

I asked you a question... If you wear a shirt that has the US flag on it and some snowflake tells you take it off because it offends them, what are you going to do????? Are you going to take it off? This is going to happen in the very near future....

You are the typical liberal.... Your eyes are closed. Your mind is numb. Let's keep doing what we're doing for the last 60 years in the inner city....

Who do you know within the OK State program? Because the certainty with which you dismiss the players' concerns suggests you have significant knowledge of the workings of the program.

Who do you know within the OK State program? Because the certainty with which you dismiss the players' concerns suggests you have significant knowledge of the workings of the program.

Another liberal trait... Instead of looking at the big picture and the most important questions, let’s circle back to what you feel more comfortable discussing unimportant stuff life wearing a t-shirt! Yup, once coach takes off that shirt, all will be well in society...

To answer your question, no, I have no inside info into the OSU locker room. I don’t need to... It is common sense to know this will solve nothing. If he were offended, he should gone directly to the coach as a man and tell him face to face instead of a coward on twitter...

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/i-know-why-police-reforms-fail/613189/

Reactions: hermdigity
I mean...our point was that players very famously face consequences for their public political speech, therefore, coaches should be held to the same standard. You seem to be agreeing with us by saying that Kaepernick was sent packing by the entire NFL because he "became a distraction" and not because he wasn't better than at least half of the QBs in the league.

I am not going to pretend to be a Mike Gundy expert. No clue what things he says on a day to day basis or anything else. BUT I can recognize a difference between wearing a T-Shirt one day that accidently caused controversy, vs personally taking a stand that you know would cause controversy because that was your intention. I will also say if this T shirt issue keeps causing controversy I would not be surprised to see Gundy lose his job.

I was specifically talking about the problems of a multi-millionaire boss of primarily black employees wearing a shirt advertising a company that denies that blacks and whites need equal treatment by the police. So I'm not sure where Democrats/Republicans/Trump came into this because I certainly didn't mention any of them.

In any event, I'm pretty sure that it's not police policy in any state or any city to kill an unarmed civilian, yet it keeps happening in areas that are governed by both parties (as you've helpfully proven). In other words, I just don't see why a Democratic Mayor needs to tell their police department not to kill unarmed people in the first place.

There's also the issue of federalism and how qualified immunity of the police is recognized by the Supreme Court of the United States; therefore it doesn't matter what local governments do as long as QI exists as currently interpreted. Clearly this is a problem that existing state and local policies are not capable of addressing.

With respect to your dumb and Strawman hypothetical...I would not stop wearing a shirt because a random person told me to. However, if I was a boss and publicly posted a picture of me in a shirt with a message on it that suggested that blacks and whites don't need equal treatment by the police, and my best employee announced that they had serious reservations about working with me because of the message on my shirt, I would try to work it out with them and maybe just stick to shirts that say "Nike" in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
I was specifically talking about the problems of a multi-millionaire boss of primarily black employees wearing a shirt advertising a company that denies that blacks and whites need equal treatment by the police. So I'm not sure where Democrat/Republicans/Trump came into this because I certainly didn't mention any of them.

In any event, I'm pretty sure that it's not police policy in any state or any city to kill an unarmed civilian, yet it keeps happening in areas that are governed by both parties (as you've helpfully proven). In other words, I just don't see why a Democratic Mayor needs to tell their police department not to kill unarmed people in the first place.

There's also the issue of federalism and how qualified immunity of the police is recognized by the Supreme Court of the United States; therefore it doesn't matter what local governments do as long as QE exists as currently interpreted. Clearly this is a problem that existing state and local policies are not capable of addressing.

With respect to your dumb and Strawman hypothetical...I would not stop wearing a shirt because a random person told me to. However, if I was a boss and publicly posted a picture of me in a shirt with a message on it that suggested that blacks and whites don't need equal treatment by the police, and my best employee announced that they had serious reservations about working with me because of the message on my shirt, I would try to work it out with them and maybe just stick to shirts that say "Nike" in the future.

Nike? You mean that company that exploits youth in other countries? How can you be so unjust. I am deeply offended by your lack of caring of those youth.

Again I never heard of OAN I do not know their stance, but I will take your word for it they have the stance you suggest. How do you know Gundy is not wearing that shirt because of other stances that channel promotes that Gundy supports? Maybe they are pro-low taxes or pro gun or pro whatever! Maybe that is why he is wearing it. If the player would have went to him face to face maybe it could have been hashed out there. Instead it became a media circus because the young man went to Social Media instead.

Reactions: lilspainishflea

Sure, almost everyone condemned this killing - other than police unions, by the way. Just like almost everyone has condemned killings in the past. The question that is complicated is, what do we as a society do to address these and similar incidents? That is one focus of these protests - what is going to prevent them from happening in the future. And that is where racism enters the picture. So this is a very difficult conversation for many people. And it does not matter whether the mayors of American cities are Democrats, Republicans, or any other political persuasion. There are state laws, supreme court decisions, and union contracts all included in the mix of issues.

Nike? You mean that company that exploits youth in other countries? How can you be so unjust. I am deeply offended by your lack of caring of those youth.

Again I never heard of OAN I do not know their stance, but I will take your word for it they have the stance you suggest. How do you know Gundy is not wearing that shirt because of other stances that channel promotes that Gundy supports? Maybe they are pro-low taxes or pro gun or pro whatever! Maybe that is why he is wearing it. If the player would have went to him face to face maybe it could have been hashed out there. Instead it became a media circus because the young man went to Social Media instead.

If I recall, the media storm started when Gundy posted the picture. It worsened when Hubbard implied that he was, at least temporarily, suspending his participation with the OKST football program. The controversy still would have existed if Hubbard had gone straight to Gundy to talk about it.

With respect to Gundy's knowledge about what OAN stands for/doesn't stand for, it's possible that Gundy truly didn't know that OAN was calling BLM a "farce" and other derogatory things. I don't think one ratifies every single thing that an organization does just by being a supporter. That said, OAN makes their positions extremely public. Their entire platform is to, loudly, represent their side at the cutting edge of the culture wars. If Gundy is a smart guy - and he seems to be - he knew or should have known their position on BLM and why that could be a problem for his team. In any event, people make mistakes. Maybe Gundy truly didn't know; nevertheless, he and Hubbard seem to have buried it so I agree that we can all move on.

Sure, almost everyone condemned this killing - other than police unions, by the way. Just like almost everyone has condemned killings in the past. The question that is complicated is, what do we as a society do to address these and similar incidents? That is one focus of these protests - what is going to prevent them from happening in the future. And that is where racism enters the picture. So this is a very difficult conversation for many people. And it does not matter whether the mayors of American cities are Democrats, Republicans, or any other political persuasion. There are state laws, supreme court decisions, and union contracts all included in the mix of issues.

Good post. Great point about the police unions. They are certainly the biggest problem as far as firing cops that need to be terminated. I believe that 90% of the cops out there are good. However, if you have 100,000 cops that means there are 10,000 cops who are not worthy of the badge and that’s a lot...

Last edited:
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Good post. Great point about the police unions. They are certainly the biggest problem as far as firing cops that need to be terminated. I believe that 90% of the cops out there are good. However, if you have 100,000 cops that means there are 10,000 cops are not worry of the badge and that’s a lot...

I believe that in every facet of life. For example the Catholic Priest Scandal it was less than 3%, but the media would have had you believe it was 97%. In my heart of heart I truly believe that no matter how you identify people; Cops, Soldiers, Priest Teachers, Doctors, Politicians, Rich, poor, Middle class, Black, White, Hispanic, Male, Female, Heterosexual, Homosexual, etc. etc. etc., that there is a low % of people that are bad/evil and there is a low % of people that are extremely good/righteous then everyone else is in between those 2 extremes where they want to do good but they fall short sometimes.

As far as unions go, I am not going to say they out lived their usefulness, but their failures to police (no pun in tended) their own leaves a bad taste in peoples minds. This is any union, Police/Teacher/Teamster/ETC. I had 2 uncles that had numerous DUI's while working for the Teamsters yet they never lost a day/nights work delivering for the old Pittsburgh Press and Post Gazette.

Reactions: pittmeister
I believe that in every facet of life. For example the Catholic Priest Scandal it was less than 3%, but the media would have had you believe it was 97%. In my heart of heart I truly believe that no matter how you identify people; Cops, Soldiers, Priest Teachers, Doctors, Politicians, Rich, poor, Middle class, Black, White, Hispanic, Male, Female, Heterosexual, Homosexual, etc. etc. etc., that there is a low % of people that are bad/evil and there is a low % of people that are extremely good/righteous then everyone else is in between those 2 extremes where they want to do good but they fall short sometimes.

As far as unions go, I am not going to say they out lived their usefulness, but their failures to police (no pun in tended) their own leaves a bad taste in peoples minds. This is any union, Police/Teacher/Teamster/ETC. I had 2 uncles that had numerous DUI's while working for the Teamsters yet they never lost a day/nights work delivering for the old Pittsburgh Press and Post Gazette.

Are you really out here trying to downplay the Catholic Church’s abuse scandal?

Are you really out here trying to downplay the Catholic Church’s abuse scandal?

Not at all. Just pointing out it was 3% which coincides with my point that a small % is bad/evil, a small % is extremely good/righteous and the great majority strive to be good but fall short sometimes. You really think my stance is wrong?

Not at all. Just pointing out it was 3% which coincides with my point that a small % is bad/evil, a small % is extremely good/righteous and the great majority strive to be good but fall short sometimes. You really think my stance is wrong?

3% who carried out abuse or 3% who carried out or knew and did nothing. Because I suspect the percentage who knew and did nothing are also bad people who deserve eternal shame.

Great point. You may not be for the whole ball of wax, but OAN comes the closes to his beliefs. I am more a libertarian than a full conservative. I couldn’t care less about gay marriage, or pot smoking. In a questionable situations, I always fall on the side of liberty.

But what rankles me is when people try and limit other people’s freedoms while not bending their own. If I want to wear a t-shirt that isn’t overtly offensive, that’s my business. OAN is NOT overtly offensive.

The only subject where I go against my Libertarian principles is Abortion. I just believe that The unborn have rights as well...

3% who carried out abuse or 3% who carried out or knew and did nothing. Because I suspect the percentage who knew and did nothing are also bad people who deserve eternal shame.

I agree that those that knew and did nothing are bad people or cowards. I do not know the percentage but still believe that it is low.

Reactions: Ski11585
Great point. You may not be for the whole ball of wax, but OAN comes the closes to his beliefs. I am more a libertarian than a full conservative. I couldn’t care less about gay marriage, or pot smoking. In a questionable situations, I always fall on the side of liberty.

But what rankles me is when people try and limit other people’s freedoms while not bending their own. If I want to wear a t-shirt that isn’t overtly offensive, that’s my business. OAN is NOT overtly offensive.

The only subject where I go against my Libertarian principles is Abortion. I just believe that The unborn have rights as well...
Isn’t this a great country where liberals can use the word retard in a derogatory manner as was done in this thread, and no one says a word... but yet someone gets shamed for simply wearing a cable news tee shirt while fishing?

such a virtuous group.

Isn’t this a great country where liberals can use the word retard in a derogatory manner as was done in this thread, and no one says a word... but yet someone gets shamed for simply wearing a cable news tee shirt while fishing?

such a virtuous group.
To be clear, Mike Gundy got in trouble with his players for wearing the shirt, not with "liberals." No one would have known about this if it had not been for one of the best players on his team reacting to it as strongly as he did.

I really struggle to see the argument that Kap lost his job because of poor play when I see terrible backup QB after terrible backup QB still getting signed.

^^^THIS! The narrative that Kap’s game fell off is as lame as the kneeling during the anthem is disrespecting the military.

Last edited:

Congrats. You manage to take the lies from your right wing sites and palagiarize to make the people here think you did all this stupid useless research all by yoursdelf. Your hatred and stupidity clearly shine thru, Congrats a sheep following the master Brain dead. Just like the original did in Germany in the 30s with brain dead little losers who jsut looked to blame others for the failings of thier old world order. No matter what you spew out your whitenss is becoming a smaller part of this country and will continue to do so unless f course you build your gas chambers soon.

Congrats. You manage to take the lies from your right wing sites and palagiarize to make the people here think you did all this stupid useless research all by yoursdelf. Your hatred and stupidity clearly shine thru, Congrats a sheep following the master Brain dead. Just like the original did in Germany in the 30s with brain dead little losers who jsut looked to blame others for the failings of thier old world order. No matter what you spew out your whitenss is becoming a smaller part of this country and will continue to do so unless f course you build your gas chambers soon.

You win the most idiotic, narrow minded, senseless, baseless, delusional, drivel of the day. CONGRATS!

People like yourself lack the wisdom & wit to put together a thoughtful, fact filled, intelligent post unless it includes insults. Nothing you wrote disputed anything I posted. Nothing.....

EVERYTHING I posted was 100% fact. Not hate, FACT. The problem is you can't face the truth. It goes against everything that you have been fooled into believing. You are confused, angry, frustrated and foolish. So now you must lash out like a child.

EVERYTHING you accused me of is exactly who you are. You're full of hate... You're a sheep that follows the liberal bible according to the leftist and the state run media. Instead of taking a step back seeking the truth yourself, you take the lazy way out and believe everything they say without question.

You proved my point... When debating someone with conservative principles a liberal (like you) will lose the debate every time because the facts don't support your beliefs.

Here is something that might be useful to you. Watch and comprehend if you dare....

https://www.prageru.com/playlist/is-america-racist/

In the meantime, sober up....

Reactions: FireballZ
You win the most idiotic, narrow minded, senseless, baseless, delusional, drivel of the day. CONGRATS!

People like yourself lack the wisdom & wit to put together a thoughtful, fact filled, intelligent post unless it includes insults. Nothing you wrote disputed anything I posted. Nothing.....

EVERYTHING I posted was 100% fact. Not hate, FACT. The problem is you can't face the truth. It goes against everything that you have been fooled into believing. You are confused, angry, frustrated and foolish. So now you must lash out like a child.

EVERYTHING you accused me of is exactly who you are. You're full of hate... You're a sheep that follows the liberal bible according to the leftist and the state run media. Instead of taking a step back seeking the truth yourself, you take the lazy way out and believe everything they say without question.

You proved my point... When debating someone with conservative principles a liberal (like you) will lose the debate every time because the facts don't support your beliefs.

Here is something that might be useful to you. Watch and comprehend if you dare....

https://www.prageru.com/playlist/is-america-racist/

In the meantime, sober up....

I do want to make one distinction. There are liberals and there are leftist. Liberals are willing to debate and exchange ideas. You may never agree with liberals but they are civil do not try to shut the speech of others down. I have many liberal friends and they are good people even though we don't agree on much . Leftist are the clowns that try to shut everyone up who does not agree with them. They are the ones who throw tantrums and act like kids.

I do want to make one distinction. There are liberals and there are leftist. Liberals are willing to debate and exchange ideas. You may never agree with liberals but they are civil do not try to shut the speech of others down. I have many liberal friends and they are good people even though we don't agree on much . Leftist are the clowns that try to shut everyone up who does not agree with them. They are the ones who throw tantrums and act like kids.

You are absolutely 100% right. That's for the correction! I will be more vigilant in the future...

The narrative that Cap’s game fell off is as lame as the kneeling during the anthem is disrespecting the military.

Well I mean the fact is that his game had fallen off. Now that doesn't mean that he wasn't still a better quarterback than other guys who got jobs instead of him, but his numbers were clearly worse in his last two seasons in San Francisco than what they had been before. Which is why the 49ers didn't want to pay him big money anymore.

Quarterbacks get too much credit for the record than they should, but start with his record as a starter over his first four seasons (really three, because he didn't play much as a rookie) was 25-14. His last two seasons was 3-16. His completion percentage was slightly down and his yards per attempt was down as well, which means that even though he was generally throwing shorter passes he still wasn't completing them at the same rate that he had been. His QBR (for whatever you think of that) went from 74.4 (the season he rarely played), 71.8, 65.7 and 60.9, trending down but all still good, to 43.4 and 49.5, neither of which is good.

In 2013 and 2014 he was a good quarterback. In 2015 and 2016 he wasn't.

Well I mean the fact is that his game had fallen off. Now that doesn't mean that he wasn't still a better quarterback than other guys who got jobs instead of him, but his numbers were clearly worse in his last two seasons in San Francisco than what they had been before. Which is why the 49ers didn't want to pay him big money anymore.

Quarterbacks get too much credit for the record than they should, but start with his record as a starter over his first four seasons (really three, because he didn't play much as a rookie) was 25-14. His last two seasons was 3-16. His completion percentage was slightly down and his yards per attempt was down as well, which means that even though he was generally throwing shorter passes he still wasn't completing them at the same rate that he had been. His QBR (for whatever you think of that) went from 74.4 (the season he rarely played), 71.8, 65.7 and 60.9, trending down but all still good, to 43.4 and 49.5, neither of which is good.

In 2013 and 2014 he was a good quarterback. In 2015 and 2016 he wasn't.

To some extent it’s the old depth chart justice. Had his play still been good the “distraction” would have been worth it. While he was probably still plenty good to be a backup, then it’s not.

There’s the story of a Dallas Cowboy nobody rookie falling asleep in a meeting. He was immediately cut. When Jimmy Johnson was asked what would happen if Aikman fell asleep Johnson said I’d ask him if he needed a pillow (not sure if I got all the details 100% but the point remains).

Or when UConn hoops ran some guys for stealing laptops but Calhoun kept whoever was the star PG at the time (can’t recall the kid’s name)

Reactions: Mikefln
To some extent it’s the old depth chart justice. Had his play still been good the “distraction” would have been worth it. While he was probably still plenty good to be a backup, then it’s not.

There’s the story of a Dallas Cowboy nobody rookie falling asleep in a meeting. He was immediately cut. When Jimmy Johnson was asked what would happen if Aikman fell asleep Johnson said I’d ask him if he needed a pillow (not sure if I got all the details 100% but the point remains).

Or when UConn hoops ran some guys for stealing laptops but Calhoun kept whoever was the star PG at the time (can’t recall the kid’s name)

Exactly. You are safe as long as you provide more benefit then distraction. SF and all the other NFL teams made the choice that his skills were not great enough to overcome the distraction that he brought to the team. End of story.

Why do some continue to overlook that Kaepernick was offered at least one known contract after leaving the 49ers? Doesn’t fit the narrative? If he wanted more money or a guaranteed starting role, that’s on him, but let’s not say he was blackballed by the entire NFL because of his political stances because it’s just untrue.

I really struggle to see the argument that Kap lost his job because of poor play when I see terrible backup QB after terrible backup QB still getting signed.

Kap wasn't going to sign for backup money. He wanted starting quarterback money. That also played a part.

Reactions: Ski11585
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT