ADVERTISEMENT

The myth of the greatness of wanny

But what difference did it make whether we got those recruits or not if we had to keep Wannstedt as a coach? DW was out-recruiting Cincinnati, WVU, Rutgers, South Florida, etc. in recruiting and it DIDN'T MATTER because he NEVER won a conference title. I mean, Dave finished with the first or second recruiting classes in 2006, 2007, and 2008 (by HUGE margins) and UConn and Cinci were always near the bottom. Dave went 3-3 against UConn and 3-3 against Cincinnati. That's awful.

You're basically saying "we didn't know how Dave would coach in 2011 because he was fired." You're cherry picking one year and ignoring the 6 seasons that he was head coach here. If he can't regularly beat Cincinnati and UConn, with far superior players how do you think he'd do against Clemson, Penn State, Virginia Tech and Miami? Are you seriously that myopic?

No, i’m saying the last 3-4 years of his tenure were all we should expect as Pitt fans and should have been happy with it. We’ve gone downhill bad since he left with no hope towards even getting back to there. What part of that are you missing?

I’m fine being an NFL pipeline that plays for championships and loses. It’s much better than 6-6.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
No, i’m saying the last 3-4 years of his tenure were all we should expect as Pitt fans and should have been happy with it. We’ve gone downhill bad since he left with no hope towards even getting back to there. What part of that are you missing?

I’m fine being an NFL pipeline that plays for championships and loses. It’s much better than 6-6.

He was .500 against the JV league. He'd be .333 and they'd be kicking us out of the ACC if he stayed as head coach.

I've only been following Pitt for about 20 years. So maybe I still have a little bit left in the tank. But I'm not satisfied with perennial 6-6 seasons and neither should anyone else be.

Pitt was 8-5 in both 2016 and 2017. Did you forget those years happened? Would Cryst have eclipsed that mark in 2016? Who knows, he left. Saying that we have no hope of getting back there is pretty hyperbolic considering the fact it happened only 2 and 3 years ago now. Ultimately it was a mistake to fire Wanny based on what happened after but there was no way to tell the aftermath would be botched so significantly at the time.

If you are fine with perpetual mediocrity then Dave Wannstedt is surely the coach for you.

We should debate which color Pitt script should go on the tarps at the on campus stadium that Wanny can coach in. It'll be built by Trump.

I think most people knew Walt was o-coordinator for a handful of years under majors at Tennessee, qb coach of the jets for a few years, and qb coach at Ohio state for a couple years. That was all before pitt, if you hadn’t heard of him at that point I don’t know what to tell you.
The hell you did and the only reason you knew any of that is because he coached at Pitt. If he hadn't you wouldn't know a thing about him and if you attempt to refute it, I don't know what to tell you.

Whats your point? It didn't disprove the fact he got us to a place no one has in what, 30 years. That's insane. It's just retarded that Pitt fans continue to say he's a loser this and loser that. What he did hasn't been done here in a long time

Not since the previous coach, at least

4 mediocre years our of 6.
3 years without bowls and 3 with second rate bowls

2 above average which resulted in no better than third place conference finishes

It’s the definition of mediocre.

Pining for that is for losers

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Not since the previous coach, at least

4 mediocre years our of 6.
3 years without bowls and 3 with second rate bowls

2 above average which resulted in no better than third place conference finishes

It’s the definition of mediocre.or
Pining for that is for losers
Thanks for admitting you didn't prove my point wrong. You're growing

The hell you did and the only reason you knew any of that is because he coached at Pitt. If he hadn't you wouldn't know a thing about him and if you attempt to refute it, I don't know what to tell you.
I’m not saying he was the hottest name on the market and the day he was hired pitt fans thought he was the savior of the program. But the qb coach from Ohio state, previously worked in the nfl and also for former pitt coach Johnny majors.... people weren’t exactly in meltdown mode either wondering who the hell this nobody we hired was.

Hayward was a reach, but the reality is he might have come here and killed it. We don’t know.

Todd graham was a really good hire....he was just a doosh.

Nice to see Nutting's lackey show up under another screen name. Lover of all things Wlat, Chryst, and apparently now Todd Graham (who was fired from his last job). TCU still your favorite hoop team?

At least you lost the andPitt.

I’m not saying he was the hottest name on the market and the day he was hired pitt fans thought he was the savior of the program. But the qb coach from Ohio state, previously worked in the nfl and also for former pitt coach Johnny majors.... people weren’t exactly in meltdown mode either wondering who the hell this nobody we hired was.

At this point you’re speaking way too logically and I’m going to have to ask you to take it outside.

Reactions: Pittx9
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT