ADVERTISEMENT

The next coach needs to run a non vanilla offensive system

H2P 2003

Sophomore
Sep 9, 2018
Look, I’m not going to pretend to know names, but we need a coach that runs an offensive system that maximizes talent and is a different look. honestly don’t care if they run an air raid, spread, triple option... anything that isn’t a grind it out vanilla offense.

If you are going to run a power offense, you better do it like Chryst with a bulldozer offensive line. Narduzzi hasn’t recruited to be able to do that.

In any case, I was so hopeful with graham we would change things up, but these types of offenses are why wanny never won the big east, and frankly are pretty antiquated in the world of college football.

Even Saban with all the talent on the OL doesn’t run an offense where there often is just one or two WRs on the Field. It’s just insane

Look, I’m not going to pretend to know names, but we need a coach that runs an offensive system that maximizes talent and is a different look. honestly don’t care if they run an air raid, spread, triple option... anything that isn’t a grind it out vanilla offense.

If you are going to run a power offense, you better do it like Chryst with a bulldozer offensive line. Narduzzi hasn’t recruited to be able to do that.

In any case, I was so hopeful with graham we would change things up, but these types of offenses are why wanny never won the big east, and frankly are pretty antiquated in the world of college football.

Perhaps MarshallGoldberg could reply but I have often thought that Walt's attempt of using the spread with his WC passing attack would be ideal. The point of the WC offense was to catch your receivers in stride (Walsh insisted a pass should lead the receiver by 6 inches) which allows you to turn a simple slant to a big game. It's not tough to find qbs who can throw the ball accurately less than 12 yards. It will be tougher to find a qb who makes quick decisions, which is a requirement for the WC. However, if your qb can make good quick decisions, then all you need for him is to be mobile and you have the recipe for spread option. That kind of attack will drive coordinators crazy and it fits the type of talent Pitt can get. If not that, then I am very partial to an Art Briles type offense.

As for defense, I respect the 4-2-5 that TCU uses. Or would love a college team that would have the courage to run the old-46 (Desert Swarm or Rex Ryan) scheme as well. Kids want to play in an aggressive scheme.

Reactions: H2P 2003
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT