ADVERTISEMENT

The Oakland Zoo

Complete non factor again
I don’t get it. They start the game with some energy and then just fade. They should have been going bonkers the last few minute of the game. I’m pushing 50 and I’d be willing to bet I make just as much noise or more than most of the kids in the current zoo.

Do they still do the “sucks” after they announce each player, and then at the end go “they all suck”?

I was in the zoo a few times in the early 2010’s. Of course, the energy was unreal especially my freshman year. But damn it, we were all millennials and had phones/Twitter and Facebook back then yet still didn’t get too distracted by our phones especially while the ball was in play.
After the “he sucks” during the player intros, they’d say “he sucks, too” when they introduced the opposing coach. But in Stallings second year people would boo him when he was introduced, so he had them stop introducing either coach.

The Zoo was really on Monsanto. He was actually jawing with some of the Zoo that’s under the basket. He walked down from his bench to yell at them. I’d say the Zoo is starting to come back.

I don’t get it. They start the game with some energy and then just fade. They should have been going bonkers the last few minute of the game. I’m pushing 50 and I’d be willing to bet I make just as much noise or more than most of the kids in the current zoo.
Sauce, I think I asked this before, but wondered if it's a generational thing? I realize the Zoo of the generation prior had a better team to watch. But this team is fun. It was "raining" threes tonight, yet on the ACCN broadcast the crowd noise for many long stretches sounded barely like a drizzle

Sauce, I think I asked this before, but wondered if it's a generational thing? I realize the Zoo of the generation prior had a better team to watch. But this team is fun. It was "raining" threes tonight, yet on the ACCN broadcast the crowd noise for many long stretches sounded barely like a drizzle
It could be a generational thing or the last 5-6 years may have conditioned them to expect a loss. In the 2000’s you just expected to win in The Pete and The Zoo had a certain mojo to it.

It could be a generational thing or the last 5-6 years may have conditioned them to expect a loss. In the 2000’s you just expected to win in The Pete and The Zoo had a certain mojo to it.
Maybe a bit off topic, and certainly like comparing apples to oranges, but are the Pitt students who attend football games as quiet as the Zoo seems to be?

Reactions: PittPanther44
These Oakland Zoo dorks make more noise for the grade school kids playing at halftime

I noticed that too. They were super into the South Park 5th grade scrimmage. For a Wednesday night, they had a pretty good showing. Remember the Zoo is larger now than in the Dixon days since they moved the media upstairs. It was probably 80% full. The problem is they arent really into the game. None of that "oooooooo" noise on defense. That sajd, I dont think the students make much of a difference.

Sounds like some people expect the zoo to jump around the entire game. Well that just isn’t how it works. Even when I am at games cheering often, there is alot of down time. But some here have unrealistic expectations that they should be screaming the whole time. Even in the past it didn’t occur, but time passes and people only remember the big moments of games and think they were crazy for the entire 40 minutes.

This board tonight is ridiculous. We won a big game. But I guess we should win by 40 every game and the zoo should shout f bombs at their players and jump around the entire game. Some of you will never be happy

Shut up stupid
Sounds like some people expect the zoo to jump around the entire game. Well that just isn’t how it works. Even when I am at games cheering often, there is alot of down time. But some here have unrealistic expectations that they should be screaming the whole time. Even in the past it didn’t occur, but time passes and people only remember the big moments of games and think they were crazy for the entire 40 minutes.

This board tonight is ridiculous. We won a big game. But I guess we should win by 40 every game and the zoo should shout f bombs at their players and jump around the entire game. Some of you will never be happy
I never said it wasn't a great win. It was, without question! The Zoo still stinks.

I graduated in ‘02 and remember watching games at the Fitzgerald Field House and then when the Pete opened and when the Zoo was formed so to speak. Those were fun times as a Pitt fan.

ADVERTISEMENT