ADVERTISEMENT

Things that make you go hummmmm.

Things that make you go hummmmm.

"If your knees bent the other way, what would a chair look like?" - Gallagher

Or more likely its just the 785th combination of different colors used to represent Pitt on a sign, publication, stationery, piece of clothing etc. since 1973. Add in the different logos and the combo might be incalculable.

I had the thrill of doing some back to school shopping with the family. Was at Dick' s, Macy's and Kohls. A smattering of Pitt stuff and all over the board ... still some dinocat, some midnight and tan, some royal and yellow, some block, some script. Wide varieties of fonts and crappy cheap designs (except Macy was almost exclusively Nike gear, which kept to the program with colors, though a mix of block and script). That's pretty crazy.

Last edited:
There's a billion and a half color schemes because people like to choose. I saw a student that would get his hands on neon colored shirts with the block Pitt because he had a grandparent who worked in retail and the shirts were like 3 bucks. I talked to a guy from Connecticut at the Marshall game that had a purplish blue seal cat hoodie because it was all that was available in his local store (Kohls or Marshalls I forget.) He happened to be traveling and wanted to see a CFB game.

Marshalls, Kohls, TJ Maxx etc. don't get a great selection because they buy at discount from other retailers. The closer you get to the city the better the selection.

There's a billion and a half color schemes because people like to choose. I saw a student that would get his hands on neon colored shirts with the block Pitt because he had a grandparent who worked in retail and the shirts were like 3 bucks. I talked to a guy from Connecticut at the Marshall game that had a purplish blue seal cat hoodie because it was all that was available in his local store (Kohls or Marshalls I forget.) He happened to be traveling and wanted to see a CFB game.

Marshalls, Kohls, TJ Maxx etc. don't get a great selection because they buy at discount from other retailers. The closer you get to the city the better the selection.
The party liners will tell folks to go online and order from the Pitt sites. More selection, school gets cut, etc. I agree and I've done that. But sometimes you just wanna get something while you're out shopping for other things. Not trudge through the web, dig out your credit card, try to make sure it's not a false site, https, etc. Then how much is the shipping? And how long will it take to arrive? Is it even in stock? Etc. I ain't the biggest fan on internet shopping obviously.

But the real point is that even on Pitt sites ... especially on our sites ... the colors and logos on the pages, on the content linked, on the merchandise being sold ... all across the board as well. Schizophrenic.

The party liners will tell folks to go online and order from the Pitt sites. More selection, school gets cut, etc. I agree and I've done that. But sometimes you just wanna get something while you're out shopping for other things. Not trudge through the web, dig out your credit card, try to make sure it's not a false site, https, etc. Then how much is the shipping? And how long will it take to arrive? Is it even in stock? Etc. I ain't the biggest fan on internet shopping obviously.

But the real point is that even on Pitt sites ... especially on our sites ... the colors and logos on the pages, on the content linked, on the merchandise being sold ... all across the board as well. Schizophrenic.
school gets cut, etc. I just paid a fall tuition bill at another 3% increase.... I'll keep buying my dino-cat stuff a Marshalls if you don't mind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT