ADVERTISEMENT

This is for all of you Yinzers and any one else who thinks that the CFP committee got it right...

YourPittDanceTeam

Sophomore
Dec 8, 2010
The NFL has just announced that the 10-7 Pittsburgh Steelers have been removed from this years playoffs. This move has been made because NFL Headquarters has determined that the Pittsburgh Steelers are not the same team since their best player (T.J. Watt) was injured against Baltimore last weekend. The 9-8 Jacksonville Jaguars, who defeated the Steelers in a head to head game earlier this year and has a better team on paper has been named to replace them.
Obviously this is satire, but I think that it proves the point just how unfair the CFP process is.

This is a throwback "Mythical National Championship".

Last edited:
Georgia is better than both these teams.

Georgia was the best team but their resume sucked so I was ok in leaving them out. Texas really didnt belong but they beat Bama early when they werent real good so you couldn't leave them out. I just feel so bad for FSU. They were going to start at QB who would soon be off to Southern Miss and wouldn't score vs Michigan but who cares, right?

Reactions: DruidTM
Georgia is better than both these teams.
In real sports, better teams get removed from a chance at a title all the time because they lost games, in normal sports, unlike CFB, subjective best teams get punished for losing games, even if they are 99% likely to beat anyone any day of the week, being the best team has absolutely nothing to do with being the champion.

Reactions: 303vND
They were going to start at QB who would soon be off to Southern Miss and wouldn't score vs Michigan but who cares, right?
Exactly, who cares, not being able to field your whole roster shouldn't eliminate you and erase everything you did from September until now, whether or not you will provide a competitive game in the playoffs should not be a criteria, if a team would qualify and is deserving based on their whole season they should still get into the playoffs even if they likely get destroyed there.

Reactions: 303vND
Exactly, who cares, not being able to field your whole roster shouldn't eliminate you and erase everything you did from September until now, whether or not you will provide a competitive game in the playoffs should not be a criteria, if a team would qualify and is deserving based on their whole season they should still get into the playoffs even if they likely get destroyed there.
Well said!

Right. Superstar Watt isn't playing for the Steelers and the rest of the fourth and fifth string guys that are playing LB and in secondary for the Steeler are clearly deficient on paper to stop a guy like Josh Allen, but that doesn't mean the Steelers should be denied the playoff berth.

Apple, meet orange. NFL has a quantifiable system for making the playoffs. Defined rules, no subjectivity. Unlike the highest level of college ball.
Or we can look at it like College BB. Georgia, defending national champs and perennial contenders "stretched" themselves with an OOC schedule of Tenn Martin, Ball State and UAB. That's ridiculous. Plus their annual game with GaTech who pushed them the whole game. They play in the SEC East which is not as good as the West because they didn't play LSU or Alabama, though they got them in the title game.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Apple, meet orange. NFL has a quantifiable system for making the playoffs. Defined rules, no subjectivity. Unlike the highest level of college ball.
College football can do that too, make it a 24-team tournament like FCS and put all the conference champs in, even the ones that have no chance.

Right. Superstar Watt isn't playing for the Steelers and the rest of the fourth and fifth string guys that are playing LB and in secondary for the Steeler are clearly deficient on paper to stop a guy like Josh Allen, but that doesn't mean the Steelers should be denied the playoff berth.

I cant stand these comparisons. The NFL goes by record. Everyone knows this. Should Liberty have made it at 13-0?

Reactions: Burgh15
I cant stand these comparisons. The NFL goes by record. Everyone knows this. Should Liberty have made it at 13-0?
Well the nice thing....is a 12 team playoff should render it moot. Well maybe, unless every year it is 9 teams from the SEC/Big 10 and only the champs of ACC, Big 12 and G5, which it could very well be. Because these preseason rankings, they become self fulfilling prophecies.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
Well the nice thing....is a 12 team playoff should render it moot. Well maybe, unless every year it is 9 teams from the SEC/Big 10 and only the champs of ACC, Big 12 and G5, which it could very well be. Because these preseason rankings, they become self fulfilling prophecies.
They'll do everything they can to keep certain teams out. they'll try hard to push SEC and B1G teams in.

Reactions: Blue Goose
That's exactly what it's going to be. I saw a way too early top 25 for next year and I think FSU was the top ACC team at 15.

NFL teams have bigger fan bases than random college teams like FSU. People will still watch the Steelers out of nostalgia. A lot less would have watched Michigan blow out FSU.

In any event, this is the projected playoff next year…

1) Georgia Bye (Sec)
2) Texas Bye (Sec)
3) Oregon Bye (B10)
4) Bama Bye (Sec)

5) Ohio State (B10) vs 12) Highest P5 champ (none ranked in early top 25)
6) Michigan (B10) vs 11) FSU (ranked 16, but higher than p5)
7) Ole Miss (Sec) vs 10) ND
8) Mizz (Sec) vs 9) Arizona (B12)

So Sec 5, B10 3, ACC 1, B12 1, ND, and P5

NFL teams have bigger fan bases than random college teams like FSU. People will still watch the Steelers out of nostalgia. A lot less would have watched Michigan blow out FSU.

In any event, this is the projected playoff next year…

1) Georgia Bye (Sec)
2) Texas Bye (Sec)
3) Oregon Bye (B10)
4) Bama Bye (Sec)

5) Ohio State (B10) vs 12) Highest P5 champ (none ranked in early top 25)
6) Michigan (B10) vs 11) FSU (ranked 16, but higher than p5)
7) Ole Miss (Sec) vs 10) ND
8) Mizz (Sec) vs 9) Arizona (B12)

So Sec 5, B10 3, ACC 1, B12 1, ND, and P5

The top 4 conference champs get byes so:

1. UGa
2. Oregon
3. Arizona
4. FSU
5. Texas
6. Bama
7. OSU
8. Michigan
9. Mississippi
10. Missouri
11. ND
12. G5 champ

UGa plays Mich/Mississippi winner, lets say in Peach Bowl

Oregon plays the Ohio State/Missouri winner, lets say in the Rose Bowl

Arizona plays the Bama/ND winner in the Fiesta

FSU plays the Texas/Liberty winner in the Orange

UGa plays Texas in the Sugar

Oregon plays Bama in the Cotton

Let me ask you this. Liberty was 13-0. They did everything they needed to do. Beat everyone in front of them? Should they have made it?

And the difference between NFL and CFb that OP forgets is that Pittsburgh won their game and Jax didn’t. If there was a better team (Jax) they could have won and had Steelers go home. Had Texas lost, FSU would have been in. They would not have put 2 loss Texas or 2 loss Bama in over FSU. I take more rage with Georgia being behind FSU.

A) I don’t know anyone anywhere except maybe in Alabama who thinks that the committee got it right this year.

B) Yinzers are front running uninformed Steelers fans and have absolutely nothing to do with college football.

This is why I don’t spend much time on the free board.

A) I don’t know anyone anywhere except maybe in Alabama who thinks that the committee got it right this year.

Make your case for 13-0 FSU who had their best win (LSU) matched by Bama and had a weak schedule and a guy they pulled from selling popcorn at QB over 12-1 Bama who had the best win and best loss in the country

The NFL goes by record
No kidding, College football could set up divisions with Home and Home series and make every FBS team play a 12 game FBS schedule. Then you would start to know who really is good before the post season. But, $$$$/Greed and the need to have all these 12-1 teams to make alum happy would no exist.

College football can do that too, make it a 24-team tournament like FCS and put all the conference champs in, even the ones that have no chance.
24 teams would probably be the ideal number, but I'd settle for 16 teams with ALL 10 NCAA D-I FBS Champions guaranteed a spot, regardless of whether people think they have no chance.

I think they got it right.
Look at FSU’s bowl results.
Play the best 4 teams…GA should have been picked before FSU.
Thought the playoffs and championship games were excellent.
No arguments here.

Make your case for 13-0 FSU who had their best win (LSU) matched by Bama and had a weak schedule and a guy they pulled from selling popcorn at QB over 12-1 Bama who had the best win and best loss in the country
Make your case in which I said FSU should be in.

I think they got it right.
Look at FSU’s bowl results.
Play the best 4 teams…GA should have been picked before FSU.
Thought the playoffs and championship games were excellent.
No arguments here.
If you're playing the 4 best teams, then Georgia should have been in. They are the best team in the country.

Let me ask you this. Liberty was 13-0. They did everything they needed to do. Beat everyone in front of them? Should they have made it?
I would say no, because the 4 P5 unbeatens should have been in with Liberty #5. Bama and Georgia OUT, and they're the best subjectively, but I want them punished for losing games.

If you're playing the 4 best teams, then Georgia should have been in. They are the best team in the country.
I somewhat agree. They shat the bed in the conference championship game.
I can go either way on that one….but I was happy how the year ended.
Actually cheered for Michigan.

P5 unbeaten conference champ....THE END

I’m glad FreeShoesU got hosed and can’t wait for them to buy their way out. Good bye 💩bags

Georgia would’ve won it again, Michigan got lucky

Georgia would’ve won it again, Michigan got lucky
Georgia got what they deserved, if they want the championship WIN THE GAMES, if they don't it's right to punish the very best team that exists and leave them out, even if they can beat everyone 9 out of 10 times. .

I would say no, because the 4 P5 unbeatens should have been in with Liberty #5. Bama and Georgia OUT, and they're the best subjectively, but I want them punished for losing games.

There werent 4 P5 unbeatens. So shouldit have been

1. Mich
2. Wash
3. FSU
4. Liberty

???

Make your case in which I said FSU should be in.

FSU shouldn't have gotten in because 13-0 is very close to 12-1 and Bama had the tougher SOS and strength of record. Both teams beat LSU. Bama beat UGa. FSU didnt have another good win. Bama had a QB. FSU had some jabroni at QB. So: resumes very close. FSU = no QB. Go with Bama.

There werent 4 P5 unbeatens. So shouldit have been

1. Mich
2. Wash
3. FSU
4. Liberty

???
Then yes that's what it should be, either that or admit Liberty is officially in a lower level and group them with similar schools and have a separate playoff for them, but if you're going to lump them all together as FBS, THEN YES.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT