ADVERTISEMENT

This is for all of you Yinzers and any one else who thinks that the CFP committee got it right...

Georgia got what they deserved, if they want the championship WIN THE GAMES, if they don't it's right to punish the very best team that exists and leave them out, even if they can beat everyone 9 out of 10 times. .

I don’t disagree nor do I think that they were given the short stick. I do think they were the best team though

Reactions: Pitt79
I don’t disagree nor do I think that they were given the short stick. I do think they were the best team though
The way the system is is stupid, they give the best teams welfare, they lose a game, and they still get in, when 99% of teams are instantly out with a loss, you're already the best, strongest team, yet you get extra help as if you're special needs, or ADHD, how do they justify that. giving extra help to those already the strongest.

Then yes that's what it should be, either that or admit Liberty is officially in a lower level and group them with similar schools and have a separate playoff for them, but if you're going to lump them all together as FBS, THEN YES.

OK. Fair enough. I felt Liberty's SOS was far too weak to have them anywhere close to the CFP but if you want to use NFL methodology and just to by record then fine. I thought Alabama's 12-1 was better than Liberty's 13-0 or FSU's 13-0. However, FSU didnt lose their QB, I would have still taken them over Bama. Losing Travis just gave them no shot to score a point and Bama was really close there at 12-1 with a great win over UGa.

OK. Fair enough. I felt Liberty's SOS was far too weak to have them anywhere close to the CFP but if you want to use NFL methodology and just to by record then fine. I thought Alabama's 12-1 was better than Liberty's 13-0 or FSU's 13-0. However, FSU didnt lose their QB, I would have still taken them over Bama. Losing Travis just gave them no shot to score a point and Bama was really close there at 12-1 with a great win over UGa.
I find it stupid to have these G5 teams, who we are told should never get in even if undefeated, yet technically they are listed as FBS but with never a path anywhere.

Michigan was far and away better than anyone else. You could have chosen anyone from 2 through 6 and been right. But nobody was beating Michigan this year.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
In 1984 if you remember, BYU was basically like a G5 team back then, they went 11-0 in the regular season and the stupid way they did bowl games then, they played 6-5 Michigan in the Holiday Bowl and won, so they finished 12-0 and where voted National Champs, I feel it was the right thing, because they're all grouped together as D1 or FBS or whatever, the NCAA says they're the same level OFFICIALLY, so they got it right IMO picking BYU. today that team would get eye tested out of the playoff, so I just think if they're grouped as the same level, they should be treated the same or else change the categories,

Michigan was far and away better than anyone else. You could have chosen anyone from 2 through 6 and been right. But nobody was beating Michigan this year.
I think UGA could have and maybe would have. Nobody else could really match up with them in the trenches.

The 12 team playoff will consist of 8-9 SEC and Big 10 teams.
As it should. But it takes meaning away from conference champ games. Basically the SeC champ game is for a bye. The B10 will also be a for a bye and runner up still makes it. The only real champ games that matter will be ACC and B12 for a spot in the field.

As it should. But it takes meaning away from conference champ games. Basically the SeC champ game is for a bye. The B10 will also be a for a bye and runner up still makes it. The only real champ games that matter will be ACC and B12 for a spot in the field.
For conferences like the SEC and Big 10, finishing in third place is basically a bye for the first round of the playoffs as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT