ADVERTISEMENT

THIS JUST IN...

YourPittDanceTeam

Sophomore
Dec 8, 2010
The College Football Playoff Selection Committee has decided that starting with the 2021-2022 football season...

Three of the four National Championship Playoff spots will always be filled by Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson.
The remaining spot will remain open and be filled by the Selection Committee based upon, not the most deserving team based upon their W-L record, but by the team the Selection Committee is the best team on paper, regardless of their W-L record.

Reactions: HOF Coach
It’s the same in the MLB, NBA, and NCAA men’s and women’s basketball. It’s the same teams, with an outlier every once in a while.

FOR THE ONE MILLIONTH TIME:
The CFP was created for TV. TV pays for it and they will always put in the teams that are qualified that people will tune in and watch.

The B1G and Pac12 couldn't be bothered to play until late and the Big12 was a bit of a dumpster fire. Makes it difficult for the committee but it's not their fault.

The College Football Playoff Selection Committee has decided that starting with the 2021-2022 football season...

Three of the four National Championship Playoff spots will always be filled by Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson.
The remaining spot will remain open and be filled by the Selection Committee based upon, not the most deserving team based upon their W-L record, but by the team the Selection Committee is the best team on paper, regardless of their W-L record.

Seems to me a lot of teams had a chance to beat Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson. Only one did and that team, Notre Dame, will meet up with them again in the ACC title game.

well, give us your more deserving teams then...

well, give us your more deserving teams then...
It is not my job to determine who is more deserving, but if it was, I guarantee you that it would be done based upon criteria that is fair to ALL NCAA D-I teams.
Let's see here...if 5-0 is okay, is 3-0 or even 1-0 okay???
I think not.

Its Alabama, Clem, and OSU. The 4th will either be ND, OU, or another SEC team.

It is not my job to determine who is more deserving

He didn't say it was your job, he asked your opinion. You know, the sort of thing that message boards are intended for.

If your opinion is that someone obviously must be better, but then you want to say that you have no idea who that would be, then why would anyone take your opinion that someone must be more deserving seriously? If you really think that there are obviously more deserving teams, it should be easy to name them.

He didn't say it was your job, he asked your opinion. You know, the sort of thing that message boards are intended for.

If your opinion is that someone obviously must be better, but then you want to say that you have no idea who that would be, then why would anyone take your opinion that someone must be more deserving seriously? If you really think that there are obviously more deserving teams, it should be easy to name them.
I think that there are 3 or 4 teams that are more deserving because they did well and played more games. I believe that I noted that in the initial post, teams like Texas A&M, Coastal Carolina, BYU and Cincinnati.

I believe that I noted that in the initial post, teams like Texas A&M, Coastal Carolina, BYU and Cincinnati.

So you think that, for instance, BYU is more deserving than Clemson or Ohio State or Alabama? Or that a team like Texas A&M, that lost to Alabama 52-24 is more deserving?

Good lord man, you've lost your mind.

So you think that, for instance, BYU is more deserving than Clemson or Ohio State or Alabama? Or that a team like Texas A&M, that lost to Alabama 52-24 is more deserving?

Good lord man, you've lost your mind.
BYU deserves major props for their willingness to go on the road and play Coastal Carolina on only a few days notice. Obviously that's not enough to get them into the playoffs, but I have more respect for them for doing that than all other programs in the country.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
It is not my job to determine who is more deserving, but if it was, I guarantee you that it would be done based upon criteria that is fair to ALL NCAA D-I teams.
Let's see here...if 5-0 is okay, is 3-0 or even 1-0 okay???
I think not.
you did not answer my question...you brought it up...four teams? Since the nature of you post seems to point to Ohio State getting the ax (I can live with that) who are you putting in to replace them? remember, be fair.

You are kind of conflating a once in a century pandemic schedule and selection with normal year selection...

BYU deserves major props for their willingness to go on the road and play Coastal Carolina on only a few days notice. Obviously that's not enough to get them into the playoffs, but I have more respect for them for doing that than all other programs in the country.

Yeah, I agree, they should be given due respect for that. But man, look at that schedule they played outside of CC. Two decent team, Boise and San Diego State, and then a whole lot of awful. Which absolutely was not their fault, as their schedule got screwed over by the pandemic more than anyone else in the country. But yeah, you can't put a team that played that bad a schedule in the playoff, even if they hadn't lost to Coastal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT