ADVERTISEMENT

This team is so close

imagine camp and weaver on this defense. The offense is starting to click. It sucks to lose but this game has me feeling good about the rest of the year. Time to get the Coastal
Agreed! This is usually when the idiots in our fan base try and pull the rug out. If Pickett plays like this, then we are going to have a lot more wins in our future.

imagine camp and weaver on this defense. The offense is starting to click. It sucks to lose but this game has me feeling good about the rest of the year. Time to get the Coastal
That's a quote I've heard/read every year since 1999.

The offense and Pickett have looked better but they better figure out how to get some points on the board. It’ll be interesting when a team dares them to run the ball which probably isn’t far from happening.

That is a great idea for those that want to sit down and dream about great football teams

But it really is a sucky idea for those that recognize reality

The PSU td in the 3rd was a direct result of the DL not having enough bodies. Easy to see tywman and the rest of the dl with their hand on their hips, they big boys in the middle were wore out because we have no subs with the injuries . If both come back next year healthy this dl could be clemson like next year

Absolutely we would have knocked their qb out of the game

The offense and Pickett have looked better but they better figure out how to get some points on the board. It’ll be interesting when a team dares them to run the ball which probably isn’t far from happening.
Whipple has been a godsend but the ol's inability to get a push has really hampered this offense. Now that being said PSU and va are probably 2 of the top 3 defensive fronts they will play all year. So glass half full is they should get better even if they don't get better.

Whipple has been a godsend but the ol's inability to get a push has really hampered this offense. Now that being said PSU and va are probably 2 of the top 3 defensive fronts they will play all year. So glass half full is they should get better even if they don't get better.

We pass blocked actually well. But the running game is awful. I think her sweeps open things up and that is one difference

Reactions: Teh Teh
I kept thinking the same thing throrought the game. Our D would have been great but they are still good. We do not have the depth to lose players like that and not miss a beat, We will win games this year!

Let’s give credit for no false start penalties (that I recall) and playing a fairly clean game in a hostile environment.

I kept thinking the same thing throrought the game. Our D would have been great but they are still good. We do not have the depth to lose players like that and not miss a beat, We will win games this year!

Not many teams do. Almost no team does really. But we didn’t really miss a beat honestly on defense

Reactions: Teh Teh
Pickett threw for almost 400 yards against a very good defense in front of a raucous crowd, we are starting to build a very good defense, and our Punter was outstanding and played a big factor in flipping the field. If we can build off of this, then we are going to finish this year strong and have momentum going into next year.

We definitely did that pretty well today. I was shocked that psu wasn’t better. Or maybe we are better than we all thought

I'm talking about run blocking. If you play behind schedule consistently, you're going to be very up and down.

Defensively, depth showed but when fresh we looked outstanding.

Pickett threw for almost 400 yards against a very good defense in front of a raucous crowd, we are starting to build a very good defense, and our Punter was outstanding and played a big factor in flipping the field. If we can build off of this, then we are going to finish this year strong and have momentum going into next year.

Definitely we could be 3-0 now with a few bounces. Really not getting turnovers is sad since we are hitting hard, getting good pressure and playing fast

Definitely we could be 3-0 now with a few bounces. Really not getting turnovers is sad since we are hitting hard, getting good pressure and playing fast

It could also be argued we could be 0-3 if the Ohio QB was healthy, these things go both ways.

I still think this is a 6-7 win team at the end of the season.

It could also be argued we could be 0-3 if the Ohio QB was healthy, these things go both ways.

I still think this is a 6-7 win team at the end of the season.

Sure and yeah unless we start scoring we aren’t going to win.

Before the injuries in the season preview thread I said I expect the d to be good but they had the potential to be dominant. They have been really good so far I just hope they don't wear down and stay healthy

Defense is good enough.
I worry about lack of depth on defense throughout the course of a season. Especially along the line.
I guess the offense will get better, but how high do you have the ceiling for it?

My concern is it’s not like young teams like UNC and Miami are going to get worse as the season goes on. Saying “we will get better” is great if the game was played in a vacuum.

close to what? another 500 season and crappy bowl game? The offense still does not have any big play capability. Period.

close to what? another 500 season and crappy bowl game? The offense still does not have any big play capability. Period.
7-6 or 8-5 this year. The schedule should lighten up a little next year, and we will return most of the key players. If Pickett continues improving, then we could get to 10 wins next year.

Reactions: superstein61a
7-6 or 8-5 this year. The schedule should lighten up a little next year, and we will return most of the key players. If Pickett continues improving, then we could get to 10 wins next year.

Outside of UVA with Perkins, do any teams in the Coastal not return essentially every key player on their team?

Defense is good enough.
I worry about lack of depth on defense throughout the course of a season. Especially along the line.
I guess the offense will get better, but how high do you have the ceiling for it?

My concern is it’s not like young teams like UNC and Miami are going to get worse as the season goes on. Saying “we will get better” is great if the game was played in a vacuum.

With the great coaching though I’m sure we will get better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT